[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest blairpoodle

I hope @Dazzozo will look into video hardware acceleration its only thing bugging me at moment

@danny19901 you have no green bar or random reboots?

Guest SaurabhRCk

running with 28th built. reboots like hell. specially on games and browsing. and also have h/w acceleration but. is the 29th built solve this problem??? running with latest twrp. did full wipe while flashing.

Guest Laximus

System: TWRP 2631, CM 1029 nightly

Youtube green bar still there, but only in HQ mode, and there is no antialiasing in videos.

In Appdrawer some animation are laggy in vertical mode, and most runs smooth like butter.

Edit: in horizontal too.

No reboots at all, not even with swap. (Ramexpander)

I heard, that Huawei made a big mass around the hardware acceleration on system, maybe  thats why games and many launchers runs laggy, and have to optimize in CM.

Other all things works like charm, I really love this CM port on my Y300, the wide range of  practical settings options.

This is the latest version of Android, so I think there is a chance KitKat will run also on our Y300...  =)

Edited by Laximus

Guest Laximus

So can u use swap with this ROM??haven't tried this ROM yet but it seems to be getting better

Question..when ive installed this rom can i install updates through the menu or u need to install the new zip every time

If you have TWRP 2631, at the first time flash do a full wipe, not only factory reset wipe, and after you can use the update from the settings.

It works for me.

I updated my system this way around 3 or 4 times without any problem. Also you can keep all the apps and settings.

I just noticed, that after the latest two upates the CPU governore switched to interactive, but I switched back to ondemand manually.

=)

Guest moochermick

I'm on 27/10 build and whenever wifi disconnects it won't turn on again, switch it on but nothing happens and if you exit out of settings then back in the switches are in off position again. Only a reboot will get wifi back on.

On the positive side battery is good for all day.

Rom is smooooth and fast, no reboots at all.

Still can't mount system in some apps (probably not roms fault).

Hope these last few niggles get sorted but either way there's not much chance of me going back now I'd miss all the options and smoothness/speed of this rom.

As for those people who think daz has gone, i would say he will most likely post something when he has something to post.

Guest blairpoodle
I'm on 27/10 build and whenever wifi disconnects it won't turn on again, switch it on but nothing happens and if you exit out of settings then back in the switches are in off position again. Only a reboot will get wifi back on. On the positive side battery is good for all day. Rom is smooooth and fast, no reboots at all. Still can't mount system in some apps (probably not roms fault). Hope these last few niggles get sorted but either way there's not much chance of me going back now I'd miss all the options and smoothness/speed of this rom. As for those people who think daz has gone, i would say he will most likely post something when he has something to post.
I agree it's unlikely that I'll go back to any Y300 stock based builds. I'm sure you are correct re. Daz posts. I'll hold off posting anymore X doesn't work posts as I'm not sure what good they'd do at the moment. Edited by blairpoodle

Guest bogdanwp

I don`t know what you guys are talking about related to the speed. Seems CM 10.0 is way faster and much more battery friendly. P.S. i use the same settings in all the roms. I`m not saying this to undermine this build or the developer , i`m just stating these facts.

I don`t know what you guys are talking about related to the speed. Seems CM 10.0 is way faster and much more battery friendly. P.S. i use the same settings in all the roms. I`m not saying this to undermine this build or the developer , i`m just stating these facts.

yes it is true, i am on cm10 now

Guest White Dust

The world is flat is a fact too ;)

I used Kratos' CM builds (10 and 10.1) and Joestone's 10.1 build and I experienced a lot more random reboots with those builds then with Daz' 10.2 build. The time I used 10.2 I had 2 reboots (been using since the first public release... And that is my experience ;) I dont care a rats ass for performance (well, obviously that isn't entirely true), I care more for stability.

One thing people do tend to forget with a lot of these builds and developers. The y300/g510 CM builds are all experimental, there not even beta. the CM10.2 builds are even nightly's, so probably almost no testing. Yes, an older nightly can be more stable then a newer one, that s*** happens. The developers of these roms don't owe you anything, probably doing this in there own time, if they want to take a few weeks vacation, let them. It doesn't mean they abandoned the project (Just remember, Daz' is still compiling 10.2 for the devices, so he hasn't abandoned it!)

To the next point, Like I said, these projects are still pre-beta. They are released to be tested. Someone posted something about people being a tool (post sounded quite negative, alas), but he did had a point, these roms are untested, they are released to be tested. New bugs should be reported (probably with a logcat), we already know about the distorted youtube bug!

A last note: If you are so important, and need a flawless phone, don't use an experimental rom! Use a stock (based) rom. 

Guest tomtruckie

I'm running the 29th build from clean install via twrp 2.6.3.1. I'm finding it much more stable than when I upgraded from previous nightly builds. I know it's a pain to do each time but I will now just do a clean install of the latest nightly once a week. Current build no reboots. Only issue is the green line which I can live with.