[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I don't think you guys know how things work with new Android versions. :P

NOTHING beyond display works. Display started working about a hour ago (which is huge considering the changes to surfaceflinger). No one seems to have really started on KitKat so all the hardware enablement is still yet to be done. This is really no different to the early days of any Android version.

My first goals are always: get it building, get it booting, get display working.

If anything fails to compile that isn't necessary for the above, I simply delete it. It doesn't matter yet.

This time things are going to be a little different as CM is "in no rush" to move to 4.4. I think that's typical of them moving forward.

Right now this is basically AOSP, but it doesn't really matter because the few projects that have imported KitKat code have barely added any features (and rightly so).

Edit: but I will tell you this. KitKat is awesome on this phone.

Guest danny19901

I don't think you guys know how things work with new Android versions. :P

NOTHING beyond display works. Display started working about a hour ago (which is huge considering the changes to surfaceflinger). No one seems to have really started on KitKat so all the hardware enablement is still yet to be done. This is really no different to the early days of any Android version.

My first goals are always: get it building, get it booting, get display working.

If anything fails to compile that is necessary for the above, I simply delete it. It doesn't matter yet.

This time things are going to be a little different as CM is "in no rush" to move to 4.4. I think that's typical of them moving forward.

Right now this is basically AOSP, but it doesn't really matter because the few projects that have imported KitKat code have barely added any features (and rightly so).

Edit: but I will tell you this. KitKat is awesome on this phone.

Oh OK Daz but if possible do you know if kitkat dialer/phone app will work on JB I really want the dialer :)

Guest MadHatterRyu

*epicjawdrop* : O

I'm......... losferwords....

damn XD cant wait to flash!!

how similar is it to 4.3? or is it a whole new tale? and how are the tools googles put out? hope they're making things easier...

Guest Dazzozo

It's really nice. I'm impressed with what they did, but to be honest if a release designed for 512mb RAM devices wasn't working better on 512mb RAM devices, it'd be a pretty big failure. :P

There's a lot of stuff to be done, and I haven't really taken advantage of the low RAM configuration that's available in KitKat yet: http://source.android.com/devices/low-ram.html

Edit: meanwhile, I'm pretty sure my Nexus 5 arrives today. :D :D :D

Guest TeaTown

Just tried the latest nightly on my phone yesterday, and can I just say... GOOD JOB. Unlike Kra1o5 and Joestone's builds (which are good as well, to be fair), this build is way way more stable. No random reboots yet, no stutters. Plus the CM update feature is just slick. Too bad I got into the game late, but hey, not complaining, at least we're getting Kitkat earlier than most everyone else! I'm really interested to beta test the Kitkat rom for our phone, already trying it out on my Nexus 7 for Paranoid Android. Again, great job Dazzozo! :D

Guest TangerineTractor
any laptop can run ubuntu lol, its much lighter on resources than windows.. and Ubuntu is a nice beginner friendly distro but I recommend looking at "Linux Mint" if you're coming straight from Windows.. or you'll feel totally alienated
Odds I would suggest Lubuntu. It's the most Windows-like and works perfectly in my Asus and eeepc netbooks. Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest kannasbor0

Hi Daz!

Maybe it's just my opinion, but could you fix the hwa video before 4.4?

I love CM roms much than aosp. They have much more options, make my phone total customizable.

Configurable automatic brightness, dsp pack, zram, swap, notification led settings, and much more what are really missed to me in aosp.

Please, fix the hwa in videos.

Thanks for your work!

Hi Daz!

Maybe it's just my opinion, but could you fix the hwa video before 4.4?

I love CM roms much than aosp. They have much more options, make my phone total customizable.

Configurable automatic brightness, dsp pack, zram, swap, notification led settings, and much more what are really missed to me in aosp.

Please, fix the hwa in videos.

Thanks for your work!

hey we are talking about kitkat, android 4.4, it means more new things, better speed that even amazed dazzozo, and maybe lower battery consumption, and besides daz said " I have a few ideas for HWA, but I've got to admit KitKat is more exciting at the moment.

If we can end up in a situation where KitKat has only the same problems as 4.3, that's a win"