[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest avvalex

Hi, i've installed the 20 nightly above the 18, and i have 2 big problems:

FIRST PROBLEM,

the wifi, even if it's disabled, keep staying active (i see in in battery section in settings). This may cause the...

SECOND PROBLEM,

the device never goes in deep sleep, even if i use apps like DS battery saver.

This cause constant battery drain, over night more than 30%.

I have a G510.... any suggestion?

Guest szekely

... i think you did something wrong, try a clean install.

i installed the 20.10 (first g510 release) version tru TWRP (wipe everything), installed gapps right after.  After 12 h of usage, i can see no blue line between 11pm and 7am , everything in deep sleep , i think 1% battery usage in 8h of sleep (wifi turned off ).

I observed something: when i reboot the phone, the battery percentage increase 3-4%. It's a common fact, it happened with B196 version too. Maybee something wrong with Huawei Battery.

Once crashed the gallery when i tried to edit a pic, maybe becouse it was a large photo taken from a Canon DSLR... but never happened again.

edit : i disabled also data usage, initially is always ON.

My battery on G510-0100 is 1750 mAh , 6.5WH, 3.7V  (model HB4W1H)   -  the  Y300 is 1730 mAh ..   - depending from country  ( info gsmarena)

edit 12:34:i think that's why battery usage is different from country to country and should not talking about it in dev page, but rather google it.

Hi, i've installed the 20 nightly above the 18, and i have 2 big problems:

FIRST PROBLEM,

the wifi, even if it's disabled, keep staying active (i see in in battery section in settings). This may cause the...

SECOND PROBLEM,

the device never goes in deep sleep, even if i use apps like DS battery saver.

This cause constant battery drain, over night more than 30%.

I have a G510.... any suggestion?

Edited by szekely

i installed the 20.10 (first g510 release) version tru TWRP (wipe everything), installed gapps right after.  After 12 h of usage, i can see no blue line between 11pm and 7am , everything in deep sleep , i think 1% battery usage in 8h of sleep (wifi turned off ).

I observed something: when i reboot the phone, the battery percentage increase 3-4%. It's a common fact, it happened with B196 version too. Maybee something wrong with Huawei Battery.

Once crashed the gallery when i tried to edit a pic, maybe becouse it was a large photo taken from a Canon DSLR... but never happened again.

My battery on G510-0100 is 1750 mAh , 6.5WH, 3.7V  (model HB4W1H)   -  the  Y300 is 1730 mAh ..

This is wrong. Battery of Y300 is 1950 mAh, 7.5Wh,  3.8V (model HB5V1HV)

Guest avvalex

I will try the new nightly 20131021. What recovery should i use? The CWM in the first post of this topic or latest TWRP 2.6.3.0? What are the differences between the two?

My battery on G510-0100 is 1750 mAh , 6.5WH, 3.7V  (model HB4W1H)   -  the  Y300 is 1730 mAh ..

Guest TangerineTractor
I will try the new nightly 20131021. What recovery should i use? The CWM in the first post of this topic or latest TWRP 2.6.3.0? What are the differences between the two?
Twrp is a "nicer" recovery, has touch and backs up and restores faster, but they both do the same thing, so if the dev recommends cwm then that's what I'll use. It's not as if it's something that your using all day constantly. Too much fuss being made out of something relatively unimportant. Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest avvalex

I've used them both for some months on other phones, they worked both greatly, but in this topic the dev recommended CWM so i thought that with TWRP the rom didn't work correctly... But you confirm that i can use the one i prefer?

Twrp is a "nicer" recovery, has touch and backs up and restores faster, but they both do the same thing, so if the dev recommends cwm then that's what I'll use. It's not as if it's something that your using all day constantly. Too much fuss being made out of something relatively unimportant.

I flashed the new nightly with the new twrp of kratos (with ext4 fix) and i can mount system rw, i found a bug, gps works but wi fi location without gps doesnt work

I've used them both for some months on other phones, they worked both greatly, but in this topic the dev recommended CWM so i thought that with TWRP the rom didn't work correctly... But you confirm that i can use the one i prefer?

if you use the new twrp here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362074-recoveryall-official-twrp-2600-root-09072013/?p=2167090, you will not have problems

Guest SaurabhRCk

I flashed the new nightly with the new twrp of kratos (with ext4 fix) and i can mount system rw, i found a bug, gps works but wi fi location without gps doesnt work

dts not a bug, dts a problem with your wifi ap. it happens a lot. Check your ISP.

dts not a bug, dts a problem with your wifi ap. it happens a lot. Check your ISP.

ok i will try with cellular

edit: i dont know why, it says me always to activate services of location, but are just active, what is the problem?

edit: problem was networklocation.apk, wasnt present in gapps, i have installed new gapps

Edited by fonz93

Guest jimwormold

Hi all

I updated TWRP using the modified version posted in the TWRP thread by Kra1o5, formatted everything bar my external sd and installed the latest nightly on my G510 and full gapps. All is working very well except:

1. It has mounted the internal sd-card as my default sd-card (ie only 1GB of space) - how do I make it use the 32GB external card? I've seen the "Use external SD as primary" option in "Settings->Storage", but I don't want to do this, I just want to use my external SD card for moving large apps to.

UPDATE1: Actually it appears that this is exactly what I wanted to do, I checked it, rebooted and now under "Settings->Device->Apps", the "On SD Card" tab shows 32GB free!

2. Google play music fails whenever I try to play a track that is not on my device with an error "Music temporarily unavailable: No space available"

UPDATE2: It actually reboots the device (as someone mentioned earlier) now, after setting the external sd to primary.

UPDATE3: I can still pin the tracks and listen to them, but not steam direct

3. The connectivity icons keep losing their blue colour (ie they turn gray). I can't quite remember what the significance of the blue colour is, but I haven't seen this behaviour before.

UPDATE4: This hasn't happened since I installed the fixed recovery and re-flashed

It's very smooth! Thanks Dazzozo!

Regards

Jim

Edited by jimwormold

Guest Dark Revenger

Hey Daz, thank you so much for this rom!

I've noticed a few things:

3) restoring backups from titanium backup messes up the wifi. My wifi stopped working after restoring wifi accounts. It just wouldn't turn on.

Not sure if it's allowed to restore from android 4.2 to 4.3 using TB.

Other than that it is working very well.

Thanks again! 

Same problem with Titanium Backup and Wifi. I assume it happended after I restored Access Points from TB, since everything was working fine after restoring apps.

Thanks a lot Daz, I can't say how happy I am to see the CM 10.2 on my y300, and it works flawlessly even if it's on early stage of development

the only bug i found untill now is just the one that it's already stated on 1st page, the youtube videos problem, nothing more.

running as a daily atm, looking forward to the video fix :) 

thanks again from italy