[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM] [ALL]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Chefo93

Uhh, darn it... It worked for me... Anyway, you could try out latest TWRP, it's really good. :)

P.S. I'm downloading latest CM 10.2 to try flashing it again and I'm using CWM 6.0.4.5, just for info.

P.S. 2 I'm installing the ROM at the moment, but I'll stick to CM 11. :P

Edited by Chefo93

Guest parky128

Ok, I just tried latest nightly of 10.2 same error, tried the file edit you suggested, same error again in CWM - grrr!!!

Going to give TWRP a go I think

Guest parky128

sorted, my fault for not checking the md5 on the zip i downloaded as there was in fact a mismatch and hence the 'bad' error i was seeing.

Have now re-downloaded the CM11 latest, verified md5 and flashed all ok. However got one problem already, my google contacts wont sync 'Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly'

Wondering if this aint quite a stable release, CM10 latest work ok for you I assume? Where do you get your zip's from? Here? => http://getcm.thebronasium.com/?device=u8833

Guest Chefo93

Yeah, I get my zips from "thebronasium". CM 10 is very good, but has a small problem... Notifications from FB messenger/facebook app don't work, other app notifications have been reported as not working too. Since I use those apps all the time, I can't stick to that ROM. The good thing about CM 10 is that it has drivers for the GPU (adreno 203), cuz it's based on android 4.1.2! :)

P.S. About that syncing problem, I've had it too in the past. Does anybody know what causes it? Maybe a server problem on Google's side?

Edited by Chefo93

Guest parky128

Ok, just found I cannot sync calendar entries with my Google account either. I added the calendar widget to my homescreen, then went into settings on it, and tried to add my Google account there, but it does not give the option to add a Google account!

I tried adding via Settings>Accounts/+ Add Account, tried Google option, but it kicks me back to main Settings menu. Sounds like this may be broken?

Do you have Google content syncing ok on the latest 10.2?

Guest parky128

Ok, just tried latest 10.2 and no option to add my Google account so no ability to Sync.

Looks like it was half attempted in 11 but not quite working. Can the dev's please comment?

Cheers

Guest parky128

Also, may be a stupid question but where is Google Play, or is this a limitation to having a rooted phone with custom ROM installed? Do you have to install apps via adb commands instead?

Guest nirmalbalaji

Ok, just found I cannot sync calendar entries with my Google account either. I added the calendar widget to my homescreen, then went into settings on it, and tried to add my Google account there, but it does not give the option to add a Google account!

I tried adding via Settings>Accounts/+ Add Account, tried Google option, but it kicks me back to main Settings menu. Sounds like this may be broken?

Do you have Google content syncing ok on the latest 10.2?

Ok, just tried latest 10.2 and no option to add my Google account so no ability to Sync.

Looks like it was half attempted in 11 but not quite working. Can the dev's please comment?

Cheers

Also, may be a stupid question but where is Google Play, or is this a limitation to having a rooted phone with custom ROM installed? Do you have to install apps via adb commands instead?

Flash GApps for CM 10.2.

Guest parky128

Ok so for now if I want to use Google apps (calendar, Gmail, etc) with my account, I would need to stick with 10.2 builds until support is added for 11 to GApps?

Guest craigibhoy

Hi can install this with clockworkmod ROM Manager from the play.store as i can't remember if it was that app i used when i was flash my old g500.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sanborn

Hello, I've questions about zram

I am using a slightly modified CM 10.2 20140117 for u8951 build on a Huawei C8812e, a CDMA phone which is similar to G510, in which the following file is changed or replaced:

apns-conf.xml
audio.a2dp.default.so
audio.primary.msm7x27a.so
audio_policy.msm7x27a.so
libcm.so
libqmi.so
libqmi_client_qmux.so
libqmi_csvt_srvc.so
libqmiservices.so
libril-qc-1.so
libril-qc-qmi-1.so

It works ok. But, after I enabled the settings-Performance-Memory Management-zRam and set it to 18%(default) and reboot, I found that the free command showed that there is no swap, and there is no zram items in /dev/block/, modprobe zram shows that there is no zram module.

Is zram feature built into the kernal?

I can't find ZRAM string in /proc/config.gz, so it is not compiled in the nightly build? 

Edited by Sanborn

Hi 

first Thx for the great work on the Huawei y300 version

just one Question is it possible to implement the Fast start/ Hibernation mode from the Stock-Rom in the CM 11 version, because it is a usefull feature wich allowed the phone to go into hybernation if the battery was running low ( under 3% or so) and still let the alarm clock work sometimese even 3 days later

or you set it in hibernation to save energie and it still worked as a alarm clock^^

sry for my bad english

regards Otoger

Edited by Otoger

Guest FdL 1899

guys, i'm installing this version on my Y300 >> http://getcm.thebronasium.com/get/cyanogenmod/606/cm-10.2-20140214-NIGHTLY-u8833.zip

first, everything seems normal, until i realize that i'm unable to login into my google account. Suddenly i remember that i forgot to install the gapps

so i went to TWRP, flash the gapps and the google account setup menu is there. But the problem is, AOSP keyboard keep providing me with error messages. Plus my, back buttons suddenly refuse to make any action.

do the factory reset don't help at all. Finally i give up and back on my previous Fusion X Rom. Evertything runs perfect now. But do anyone here able to guide me on how to install the CM ROM properly? BTW, i prefer to use TWRP, so CM10.2 should do fine for me.

thanks, any help will be appreciated