ZTE V967S (Impressions, Root, Recovery, Rom...)

Guest Dovahpig

Guest blaster99999

Don't matter if framaroot is permenant or not when you put a rooted ROM on its rooted, I put slim 3.4 on which is rooted, framaroot only works on zte 967s if on ROM version 1.03,

Guest itanium21

blaster99999, sorry.

Didn't see your posts (multiple) about rooting on the first page when I wrote mine (must be blind :) )

Everything still works like a charm.

Guest milesandbos

Hi all,

I purchased two of these phones from an Aliexpress seller and they arrived a few days ago. They seem to be pretty good so far (after a 3 days of use) but I am having a few issues, hopefully you might have some suggestions. I should point out that both of the phones are still stock standard the way they came.

Issue with both phones: They will randomly switch to 'roaming' even when there is enough signal from the network. This lasts for a few minutes, then they switch back. I have never had this issues with my other phone that I used on the same network.

Issue with one of the phones - I have trouble turning the phone on. When I push the power button the ZTE screen appears for about a second, then the screen goes black. This happens about 3 or 4 times before the phone starts up properly and I get the ZTE music. Someone else on another forum had the same problem and it was suggested that it could be a battery issue? I'm not sure whether I should send one of the phones back, or whether I should request a replacement battery.

Your advice would be much appreciated. If I keep the phone(s) I will probably root them :)

Guest Dovahpig

I think your problems are related to outdated stock rom. Try flashing the rom from the second post and see what happens. Someone above posted an easy way to root. Youll need it in order to flash cwm from mobile uncle tools.

Edited by Dovahpig

Guest milesandbos

Thanks dovahpig. Dumb question (sorry) but can I reverse a root if it doesn't fix the issue? I may need to send them back if I can't fix the problems. Thanks :)

Guest Dovahpig

Yes you can. But if you ordered it like me from aliexpress then they wouldnt mind the root. Mine came prerooted with custom recovery and rom. So you can be relaxed about it.

Edited by Dovahpig

Guest milesandbos

Awesome, thanks. I have a feeling that the phone is already rooted (came with google playstore installed). Is there a way to tell which rom is currently installed? I notice you mention 1.03 in one of your previous posts, that you updated to 1.05.

I am a complete n00b when it comes to this sort of thing and I'm concerned I'm going to brick my phone!

Guest blaster99999

Look at about phone in phone settings think that's where it tells u version on stock ROM you are on , mine came with China ROM on it , I bought from meri mobiles, the slim 3.4 is based on the latest 1.05 stock ROM, but the slim ROM is already rooted.

Guest zorzgeo

Hello to all.

Could someone post just a procedure to do only a SuperSU or SuperUser on V967S (of course, with necessary progs)???

Pozdrav za sve, a naročito za komšije ;) i naše ljude :)

Edited by zorzgeo

Guest zorzgeo

Hi, it's a good ideia to change from the Huawei G300 to this ZTE V967s?

Are the screen and camera good?

Regards

Average camera and good display but lower resolution makes bigger icons on it.

For me, perfect at all.

Guest OmnioPT

Average camera and good display but lower resolution makes bigger icons on it.

For me, perfect at all.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't know if I should go for the V967s ou the THL W200... The THL w200 have better CPU and display... but I like the ZTE :)

Guest zorzgeo

We talk about different phones, range and prices.

As we local say: How much money, so much music ;)

I paid my v967s 110€ with all import taxes.

Best buy for the bucks.

Guest zorzgeo

Yes, you're right!

Where you buy your V967s?

Thanks

Bought from Pandawill site.

I were decided for Pandawill because they have PayPal method, and all were the best for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Dovah, I tried latest official Lewa stabile version and it is unbelievably smooth and good looking. Gapps version is 12.08.2013.

Edited by dakok

Guest zorzgeo

Dovah, I tried latest official Lewa stabile version and it is unbelievably smooth and good looking. Gapps version is 12.08.2013.

@dakok:

Daj linkove za LEWA OS i GAPSove za V967S i kratko uputstvo kako uflešovati Lewu...

thx

gapps http://goo.im/gapps

verzija 20130812 - works perfect

Lewa

http://bbs.lewaos.com/down_detail.php?id=53

Stabile version is at green button.

general China rom flashing guide is here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364136-rom-zte-v987-chinese-rom-collection/

No need for doing anything inside rom zip file.

Just flash it. Carliv's cwm will warn you about rom trying to set Chinese cwm and it offers an option to ignore it. Even if it does smuggle new cwm it is easy to find mobile uncle inside Chinese market app and install Carliv cwm again.

I flashed rom and gapps separately.

That is all.

Edited by dakok

Guest zorzgeo

gapps http://goo.im/gapps

verzija 20130812 - works perfect

Lewa

http://bbs.lewaos.com/down_detail.php?id=53

Stabile version is at green button.

general China rom flashing guide is here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/364136-rom-zte-v987-chinese-rom-collection/

No need for doing anything inside rom zip file.

Just flash it. Carliv's cwm will warn you about rom trying to set Chinese cwm and it offers an option to ignore it. Even if it does smuggle new cwm it is easy to find mobile uncle inside Chinese market app and install Carliv cwm again.

I flashed rom and gapps separately.

That is all.

Superb.

Thanks you at all.

I am alredy flased Lewa v5 wth success and without gaps flashing.

Think that something strange with my second line since flashed lewa. Must check that (i am not available on second line when i am talking to firs and vice versa).

System is more fluid than MIUI.

thx again for links!