[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

Guest H3ROS

I've heard one similar case where someone got stuck in airplane mode until they rebooted. I'm not sure if the PDroid patch is what's caused it, so I'm going to be looking into that when I've got a few minutes :)

Edit: The updates delayed a day while I work on the kernel.

Edited by H3ROS

LDVAnaU.png

I'm currently pushing the 1.0.2 update out to people, so if you check for updates you should find one.

One of the most important changes can be seen in the above screenshot. Just about every other ROM for the Skate won't pass the test.

A fully updated version of the ROM will be posted soon. The links in the first post have been updated.

EDIT: And here's the kernel changes.

• Reverted some battery related settings to see if that gains anything
  • Enabled optimized AES and SHA-1 routines
  • Updated lowmemorykiller from CAF
  • Updated logger from CAF and also reduced how much memory it uses
  • Updated cleancache and added the WasActive page flag
  • Fixed a few TCP related bugs and added PRR (Proportional Rate Reduction)
  • Fixed a bug in suspend statistics update
  • Fixed a few other minor bugs
  • Patched MMC so that it will be put to sleep before there's a suspend in an attempt to save power
  • When compiling I used Linaro again, but this time I changed some settings resulting in a smaller and faster kernel

In short the battery might of improved, memory management should of improved and things will be a little faster :)

Edited by H3ROS

H3ROS!

I tested your rom  ( 1.0.1 ) and its very good job, but for me JB its faster so im back to my 4.2.2 backup.

One thing with your rom.

If i have sd-ext partition than on install procedure extract the /data folder to the /data partition but if i reboot my phone its mounting sd-ext to the data partition, so i lost all data app which you added to the rom.

i think you need one little modification in your script that all data from /data partition move to the sd-ext before booting, not just "mounting". Like cronmod.

Sry for my english.

All the best.

Edited by fagyi

Jelly Bean has project butter so it has the smoother animations, but this focuses on speed, so it's actually faster and more feature complete than Jelly Bean (it has fully working bluetooth and camera flash). Run the test in the third post and see for yourself :)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366117-romzte-skate-h3-holo-dolby-audio-linaro-optimized-kernel-frandom-row-io-scheduler/#entry2169168

There's 2 reasons the whole /data partition isn't moved.

1. Keeping data/data/ on internal is faster
  2. Moving it on stock Dolby ROM's can cause the device to not boot
Edited by H3ROS

I have a problem with lucky patcher to do it: Menu> Select Patch to Android
after restarting the applications does not start, start and close all.
Any solution for this.
Thank you.

Edited by j@ker

I have a problem with lucky patcher to do it: Menu> Select Patch to Android

after restarting the applications does not start, start and close all.

Any solution for this.

Thank you.

What app are you trying to patch? I just tried using v3.6.8.1 on an app to block adverts and that worked fine.

@ honigfisch

For me it wasn't bad before, so I can't tell if there's a difference. I'm glad you're finding it better though :)

EDIT: The latest version of SuperSU has a bug where the tabs don't change, so I won't repack the ROM to include it just yet.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest honigfisch

What app are you trying to patch? I just tried using v3.6.8.1 on an app to block adverts and that worked fine.

@ honigfisch

For me it wasn't bad before, so I can't tell if there's a difference. I'm glad you're finding it better though :)

EDIT: The latest version of SuperSU has a bug where the tabs don't change, so I won't repack the ROM to include it just yet.

Normally i have to charge my phone every 4-5 hours but with the update of today i have 50% left after 8hours (with wifi 70% of the time enabled)

Great work and thanks :)

Not explained myself well, what am tries to do is :

Instructions Patched Google Play:

Lucky 1.Install last Pachter

Lucky Patcher 2.Ejecutar> Menu> Select 'Patch to Android'

3.Select √ 'Verify Signature always True' and 'Disable Zip Signature Verify'> Apply> Yes

After restarting close all applications.

Edited by j@ker

Boot to ClockworkMod and clear the dalvik cache. Once you do that it should work and Lucky Patcher will say that the patches are applied.

I wouldn't advise patching the ROM like that though as you make yourself vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. You'd be better off downloading pre-modified signed APK's or using Xposed framework.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest cyberke

Downloaded the OTA update yesterday, applied the downloaded zip via clockworkmod, and rebooted, the update worked flawless, Thank you H3ros for this fine update!

is giving me problems when transferring datosdel computer the phone, but does not give me the phone tramsferir problems to your computer, someone has this problem,

@fale.v - i got that problem too, just you need to change the cpu settings Governor to - ONDEMAND - and I/O SCHEDULER TO - NOOP - and data transfer will work.

Thanks

I think that could be a driver version issue or something that's conflicting with ROW, because I've tried everything to trigger that problem, but on all of my PC's it works fine. So do you have a second PC to test it on?

EDIT: It could also be USB 1.x, 2.0 or 3.0. My systems all use USB 2.0 ports.

Am I right in thinking that someone over at HTCMania would like the stock media player to work? I can provide an addon for that, but he'd have to uninstall Shuttle each time I update it. If he's okay with that then I'll create an addon.

Here's some apps/addons: http://www.modaco.com/topic/366117-romzte-skate-h3-holo-dolby-audio-linaro-optimized-kernel-frandom-row-io-scheduler/#entry2169167

Edited by H3ROS

Guest MiguelG

Great job H3ROS!

I was using Slimbean from C3CO for a few months and it was very unstable rebooting without apparent reason for the last month or so, but the smoothness kept me going.

Since the camera was practically unusable, as on any other ROM 4.x, I started to think on "downgrading" to GB, but none of the ROMs convinced me, that is until I saw this post!

I have to agree that JB is buttery smooth, but this ROM is very fast and that makes a lot of difference... at least to me.

Until now (I flashed it last night), it's working fine and with good battery life. The only problem I noticed was on the Google+ app that it stopped showing me images on posts and on Google+ Photos, but that seems to be a problem with the app itself.

Once again, thankyou for the "trouble" you had fine tuning this ROM for us... I have a feeling I won't be changing to another ROM anytime soon :)

Guest poludeli_kaktus

after update i dont have messaging notification anymore. i use go sms whitch is worked fine before update. i try factory setting problem is same. i again install holo3 without update and go sms work again. 

@ MiguelG

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any problems :)

@ poludeli_kaktus

That sounds weird as nothing was changed that should effect notifications. As it's a free app I'll see what happens on my phone and I'll then update this post.

Seems to work fine here. I disabled notifications in the stock app, went into GO SMS Pro's settings and selected "set default SMS program" and then set both to GO SMS Pro. Within a few minutes I received a text and I got a fancy looking notification.

Guest nicksoph

Hi

Updated from Blues yesterday and overall very impressed that what is such a cheap and oldish phone has such a polished interface, I was happy with previous rom and this seems even faster and more stable. Thank you H3ROS.

Is there a way of seeing the SD EXT3 usage? I have installed a couple of memory usage widgets and they cant seem to see the 512mB EXT partition - I suspect its because the function is built into the rom but it might be me missing something.

When using the phone and selecting one of the options at the bottom (eg hands free) the highlight is at the bottom of the button - Might this be changed to be at the top of the button so as to be more visible if the phone is being held at an angle? 

Edited by nicksoph

Normally it'll just combine with whats seen in the apps section. I'm not sure if maybe the "df" command from terminal emulator would list the partition or not though.

As for the suggestion, I'll edit it to see how it looks. I could always provide an addon either way :)

Guest poludeli_kaktus

Seems to work fine here. I disabled notifications in the stock app, went into GO SMS Pro's settings and selected "set default SMS program" and then set both to GO SMS Pro. Within a few minutes I received a text and I got a fancy looking notification.

well, maybe that is becouse i freeze stock messaging in titanium backup... thanks for try to resolve problem.

Guest votacom

Will the OTA updates restore /system/app APKs that I've deleted before flashing?

(I won't need GooglePlayServices, LatinIME, Email, VoiceSearch, Wallpapaers, Talk, LiveWallpapers, GenieWidget, GoogleQuickSearchBox, OmaDownloadProvider, VisualizationWallpapers, GoogleFeedback, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter, GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter, Stk, GoogleBakcupTransport, OmaDrmProvider, TtsService, DrmProvider, ApplicationsProvider, PicoTts)