Xposed Framework - Gravity Box

Guest gripweed1

Guest gripweed1

Anyone out there installed Gravity Box in Exposed Framework?

Thinking of trying it but also not keen to brick device! Already running modules to support UDN and Greenify with no problems.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi GripWeed1,

Not heard of the Gravity Box module, until now that is... However I was gonna install the XBlast Tools (same thing as Gravity, just came across XBlast first, and seems to have more tweaks) on the Hudl.

Like SifJar said, its unlikely that this mode will BRICK the device. It may cause incompatibility conflicts. But as long as ya know what you have changed, you can unchange. Or uninstall....

The worst comes to worse, you can always do as SifJar said, and reflash it... Good as new... ;-)

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi GlossyWhite,

Ever installed a custom rom on any of your Android devices and thought, WOW..... Them extra features are so cool!!!

Well basically Xposed, offers those features (most of them, not all) via modular addons to the Xposed Framework. The Xposed Framework is basically an APK that hooks into the Android Framework, to allow it to do cool things to the GUI of your Android device.

However for this to all work, you need extra Modules, such as Gravity Box or, XBlast Tools.... and so on, there are hundreds out there....

Hope that explains a little better what it is, and how it works.... :)

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest glossywhite

Hi GlossyWhite,

Ever installed a custom rom on any of your Android devices and thought, WOW..... Them extra features are so cool!!!

Well basically Xposed, offers those features (most of them, not all) via modular addons to the Xposed Framework. The Xposed Framework is basically an APK that hooks into the Android Framework, to allow it to do cool things to the GUI of your Android device.

However for this to all work, you need extra Modules, such as Gravity Box or, XBlast Tools.... and so on, there are hundreds out there....

Hope that explains a little better what it is, and how it works.... :)

Cheers, Lister

Thanks. I'll stick to source code based ROMs, but appreciate it.

Just as a heads up, you shouldn't install both XBlast and Gravity Box. Look at the features of each and pick one. They both do many similar things, so could have some conflicts.

For what it's worth, I thoroughly believe that this is the proper way to do tweaks, rather than custom ROMs. Although Cydia Substrate (similar thing to Xposed) is technically "better" in a number of ways, but Xposed has way more tweaks available for it because it's older.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Running it too, it's very nice but the Nav Bar tweaks kills systemui for me when I run fullscreen apps like xbmc, continually shows the "systemui has stopped" message.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa