Android 4.4 Kit Kat

Guest jakonicki93

Guest Snap.IT

Sweet, thanks will give that a go tomorrow, appreciate the help.

No worries. I recognized the error from a bad flag in the dev tree of the Alcatel OT-995 when i was making it, works in 4.3 but not in 4.4.

Commend out this line (on line 31): LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_VOIP_ENABLED in Android.mk in the libaudio directory of the device tree.

That'll fix it.

Still getting the same error, after commenting out that line... back to the drawing board

Guest Snap.IT

Still getting the same error, after commenting out that line... back to the drawing board

That is impossible.

Commenting out that will remove the offending code completely, there is no way in HELL you can get the same error after doing so.

It is literally impossible since it cancels out those sections of code that errored out in your first error.

Did you use my local manifest script to do this? Because if you didn't and you added it manually and then repo synced that will not work, you need to use the actual manifest for it to work.

I'll compile it myself after i'm done with a new version for the 4x.

That is impossible.

Commenting out that will remove the offending code completely, there is no way in HELL you can get the same error after doing so.

It is literally impossible since it cancels out those sections of code that errored out in your first error.

Did you use my local manifest script to do this? Because if you didn't and you added it manually and then repo synced that will not work, you need to use the actual manifest for it to work.

I'll compile it myself after i'm done with a new version for the 4x.

I used the local manifests as you described, just to confirm am a bit of a noob but commenting out the line just involves putting a # at the beginning of the line?

Guest Snap.IT

I used the local manifests as you described, just to confirm am a bit of a noob but commenting out the line just involves putting a # at the beginning of the line?

Indeed it does, i assume you ran mka clobber before brunchin again? You can't get the same error message because that bit of code isn't implemented if you comment that flag out, it's literally impossible to get the same error message then.

Indeed it does, i assume you ran mka clobber before brunchin again? You can't get the same error message because that bit of code isn't implemented if you comment that flag out, it's literally impossible to get the same error message then.

I have managed the impossible, this is still the error message I am receiving http://pastebin.com/N7HtMBPz  I have commented out the line and all my local manifests are sorted, I issued make clobber before latest attempt at compiling. I am really at a loss.

Edit - after much searching this possibly could be the issue https://github.com/omnirom/android_hardware_libhardware_legacy/commit/4edc3d7d0c919841c69d678a75841f387da126e5 similar build error to what I am having, re compiling now, fingers crossed

Edit 2 good news build has gone past the error and seems to be compiling nicely, maybe some good news later on this evening  :D

Edited by robt77

when can we download kitkat for blade III

The build has nearly finished barring any last minute hiccups or bootloops, later on this evening... though it will be very Alpha and in no way ready to use as a daily driver I suspect

Guest plantroon

robt77 I apreciate your work. I gave up on compiling the ROM because it costs lots of resources and it's time consuming :(

Nice job you do in your spare  time :)

Apolgies had an install error when flashing set_meta_data_recursive: some changes failed error in zip status 7 aborted, thought it was my recovery was on TWRP just installed the latest cwm but still the same.  It may not be released this evening but am getting closer.

Edit this is the full error from the recovery log 

ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-hosts.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

After a bit of searching it may have to do with the config of the kernel... my knowledge of kernels is at about zero or just below, I can see what changes should in theory (well according to a thread on XDA) should fix the problem, but I assume there was a reason why KonstaT had it set up the way he did as I belive the configs are to do with SE Linux.  Will have another look tomorrow

Edited by robt77

I saw that you need a nice PC for testing so i will offer mine... I have an 4 core i5, 8GB of ram, 70MB/s upload and download internet here. If you need the PC's power just PM me. Can't wait for 4.4  :D .

I saw that you need a nice PC for testing so i will offer mine... I have an 4 core i5, 8GB of ram, 70MB/s upload and download internet here. If you need the PC's power just PM me. Can't wait for 4.4  :D .

We have 4.4, see Konstat's thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/367241-devrom1812-cyanogenmod-11-android-442/  ROM is working really well 

Apolgies had an install error when flashing set_meta_data_recursive: some changes failed error in zip status 7 aborted, thought it was my recovery was on TWRP just installed the latest cwm but still the same.  It may not be released this evening but am getting closer.

Edit this is the full error from the recovery log 

ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/addon.d/50-hosts.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

After a bit of searching it may have to do with the config of the kernel... my knowledge of kernels is at about zero or just below, I can see what changes should in theory (well according to a thread on XDA) should fix the problem, but I assume there was a reason why KonstaT had it set up the way he did as I belive the configs are to do with SE Linux.  Will have another look tomorrow

There are two ways of fixing this  issue, you could either build a newer recovery or, which is probably easier, cherry-pick this commit https://github.com/legaCyMod/android_build/commit/f0df153b707e9403a3e695f659fbfcd6417cba15 Edited by gbosh