Nexus 5 ordered!

Guest The Soup Thief

Guest Dan Mullen

same here. hitch free. not sure about the new launcher. going to persevere for a day or so, but may end up back on Nova & Autohide Softkeys (when they update the compatability

Rooted it then booted for the first time.  It said a 139MB update was available, but after that I've lost root!  Is that usual?  I'm guessing it is - just about to re-root now.

Guest comicbookguy

anyone have any app issues to report? so far for me:

auto hide softkeys reports non compatible device

Kobo imports books ok, but force closes whenever i try to open a book (tried 2 books, both known working on same version of app on cm10.2/N7)

Nova Launcher, TiBu and TWRP seem to work fine (Phew)

MediaMonkey Beta seems a bit unresponsive to play/stop commands

stock digital clock widget seems to waste a lot of space (3x2 with loads of dead space underneath?)-Chronus resizes much better and retains the tap shortcut to alarms

Stock headphone volume much better than N4, but speaker vol seems a bit low (i might have been overboosting my levels for my N4, tho)

Franco Kernel is in the works to save us all: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2508284 ;)

very nice phone tho!

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Dan Mullen

Isn't that the norm for the desk clock widget? I think the space is for calendar entries or something. You can always long press on the widget and resize it.

Guest comicbookguy

if you resize it on nova, the text goes uselessly small

i've been using cLock/Chronus on MCR and CM roms for months anyway so i'm not that familiar with the stock widget

Guest masterpfa

Ordered 32Gb on 1st
Confirmation email 2nd
Successful delivery 5th

Battery life not truly representative as I have been playing non stop. Last night 10:50:00
Charging as we speak, let's see how long this charge lasts. Has anyone tried "Battery Guru" on the N5 I used it on the N4 and I'm not even sure if I had any real benefits while using it there

One of the bonuses for me, having come from the Nexus 4, is LTE that along with the S800 processor.
So far loving this device, but then again as you can see from my signature, I'm a bit of a Nexus Groupie  ^_^

Edited by masterpfa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest comicbookguy

cases: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161141183337?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

very nice if a bit shiny, but very bulky compared to the naked device in a microfibre bag. it wont fit in my car mount because the front wont sit flat against the back of the phone.

the plastic liner seems very thin too (i've had this problem before,so it might end up with a TPU case glued in as a replacement). i don't think it'll survive being taken on and off multiple times. nice for "best" or when the phone might be dropped (pub night out etc) but a bit impractical for everyday as i charge in the car dock almost daily

and: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281203714886?var=580248078765&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

standard pull tab slip case. perfect height but very slightly wide. might still fit with a very slim case on the phone. going to use this with a naked device, at least for now

Edited by comicbookguy

• 2 years later...