Ascend Y300 B182 Root, TWRP, Custom ROM advice?

Guest tooplanx

Guest tooplanx

I looked at CM 10.2 and I'm thinking about trying it for a few days, but it mentions that you need to use TWRP 2.6 or higher for compatibilty for android 4.3

The TWRP version you uploaded is 2.5.01 or something- did you install CM 10.2 from that version alright?

Cheers.

Guest danny19901

I looked at CM 10.2 and I'm thinking about trying it for a few days, but it mentions that you need to use TWRP 2.6 or higher for compatibilty for android 4.3

The TWRP version you uploaded is 2.5.01 or something- did you install CM 10.2 from that version alright?

Cheers.

I'm sure the TWRP 2.6.3.1 if it isn't I'm sorry kra1o5 has uploaded a flashable zip of latest twrp

Guest danny19901

Cheers.

If go into TWRP it should say 2.6.3.1 although I forgot to edit tool to say it was that version but should flash that latest version due to the file name :) let me know if it is 2.6.3.1 though if not I will try fix that and post a thread of root with latest TWRP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bartonfink

Used this method yesterday and it worked like a simple, easy to use treat.

However since I rooted, sintalled the recovery and superuser utility the power button has stopped reliably responding to each to each press.  Can take 5-10 seconds of hitting it before the phone wakes up from lock or locks again.

Have I gone too uninstall happy and amongst the bloatware/Google apps I uninstalled, could there have been seomthing which has caused this?  (deleted all the google play's except the app/store one; removed music, browser, EA Games, Email apps...)

Or is this a physical issue?

EDIT: installed CWM 11 and using alternative buttons, just guess I mistreat these phones too much (second time the power button has given out on me, though last time over months, rather than weeks)

Edited by bartonfink

• 1 month later...
Guest tooplanx

Hi guys this tutorial worked exelent. i have cm10.2 now. Should i use fusionx? your opinions pls. i have b182

Hi, I've not used a CM rom since I had my ZTE Blade so can't compare (I found it buggy at the time).

I've used Fusion X, MIUI so far. I loved the look and feel of MIUI but I had some major problems with connecting to Play so had to ditch it. I've been using Fusion X for a few months and it's pretty decent, though I still find the phone sluggish and get lots of force closes, system crashes and sometimes restarts so I'm looking at the 'ultra-light' rom, though I want some English language advice on that first to see what it's like.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it normal for the driver install to sit at 80% for a while and then disappear? I've had no joy at all getting the driver working and I've tried it on 3 different versions of Windows.