Hudl kernel source code available!!!

Guest TurboPask

Guest TurboPask

You beauty!!

:-D thank you, and God bless you!!

PS: you'd think a big company could hire someone who could spell "kernel" correctly...

I sent my cv to Tesco :o

.... :D

Edited by TurboPask

Guest Justice™

Woop woop! This is great news, well done on getting them to release it (or getting hold of it for that matter) 

Bring on the custom kernels/roms! :D 

Guest glossywhite

Woop woop! This is great news, well done on getting them to release it (or getting hold of it for that matter) 

Bring on the custom kernels/roms! :D

Kernel...

3232147590_74b6d340ed.jpg

Sauces...

hp_hot_heinz.jpg

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'd love a SlimBean rom for the Hudl, it's my favourite rom out there, has been for a while now :)

The thing is, the Hudl is pretty much a UK only device isn't it, how much support could we really drum up for custom roms for a device which is only in one country?

Um, Just thumbing through the directories and under firmware there's folders named after PC graphics cards, Adaptec, Matrox, Radeon ?!?!

WTF is that all about?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest blinkydamo

Hi guys,

New to the forum but not to android, got hurl a few words ago and currently using tabbierom. Looking forward to seeing what people can do with the kernel source. The specs on the tablet are good enough to be able to have some nice custom ROMs running.

More then willing to test new things and provide feedback,

Looking forward to the near future,

Blinky

Guest glossywhite

I'd love a SlimBean rom for the Hudl, it's my favourite rom out there, has been for a while now :)

The thing is, the Hudl is pretty much a UK only device isn't it, how much support could we really drum up for custom roms for a device which is only in one country?

Um, Just thumbing through the directories and under firmware there's folders named after PC graphics cards, Adaptec, Matrox, Radeon ?!?!

WTF is that all about?

That's the kernel source for the Linux kernel - it's used in tens of thousands of products, not just this tablet. It will contain universal files, applicable to PCs etc too.

Guest ShatPank

Out of interest, can these sources be used to run a "proper" instance of Linux on the Hudl.

I'd really like to have a play with Plasma Active, not that I'd have the remotest idea on how to get it running.

However, I look forward to the ROMs that will hopefully result from this