Official response from Tesco: v1.3 firmware update

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest stuben32

I have flashed back to the original rom that Paul Obrien uploaded but had a flickery screen - so have flashed Capatinmidnights stock 1.3 and that seems great

I have noticed that before when I was having issues with screen freeze, I was also having an issue where if I took a photo, then the brightness dropped on all subsequent photos.  That doesn't happen now - Wondering if some devices have had a bad factory flash maybe??

Going to test as much as I can , as i'm off work tomorrow, so if it is still happening will return to store and see if they will swap it there and then, as I'm in my 14 day period, so could ask for a refund...might as well try the strong arm tactics...

Hopefully wont come to that if this works - Fingers crossed

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Good luck Stuben32,

But yeah, if still no joy... I am sure they will be ok with it. Surprisingly our branch was very good, and very effecient. They took it off us on Saturday and new one arrived Monday, no questions asked....

Much different story with my (3x / yes... THREE) faulty TV's from Tesco's, that they refused to deal with the last one... Until I photographed and video'd, uploaded onto the Internet, posted links in every forum I was a member of, and then told Tesco's HQ's to look at my links ;)

They soon understood I was talking the truth, and that their Tech Support and Electronic's Sales Expert didnt know what they were doing, as faults were very obvious... Not normally like that, but they drove me too... Leaving me with a £350 TV that was as good as useless... When I eventually got refund, went to Richer Sounds.... TV 100% pefect now!! ;) lol

Was dreading if we had the so called Electronics Sales Expert, as he is as good as a chocolate teapot... :P

Anyway, let us know how ya get on... :)

Guest stuben32

Good luck Stuben32,

But yeah, if still no joy... I am sure they will be ok with it. Surprisingly our branch was very good, and very effecient. They took it off us on Saturday and new one arrived Monday, no questions asked....

Much different story with my (3x / yes... THREE) faulty TV's from Tesco's, that they refused to deal with the last one... Until I photographed and video'd, uploaded onto the Internet, posted links in every forum I was a member of, and then told Tesco's HQ's to look at my links ;)

They soon understood I was talking the truth, and that their Tech Support and Electronic's Sales Expert didnt know what they were doing, as faults were very obvious... Not normally like that, but they drove me too... Leaving me with a £350 TV that was as good as useless... When I eventually got refund, went to Richer Sounds.... TV 100% pefect now!! ;) lol

Was dreading if we had the so called Electronics Sales Expert, as he is as good as a chocolate teapot... :P

Anyway, let us know how ya get on...

Hi Lister,

It locked up today so went into Tesco where I bought it and no problem (apart from being out of stock :( ) Getting some tonight so can go in tomorrow and pick a replacement up

Said they were aware of a bad batch, so absolutely no issue with swapping it which is great - sorry about your woes with TV's

I've worked in IT support nearly 20 years, and used Android since Éclair and Donut etc, so was dreading the have you turned it off and back on mentality :D  but all fine

So, cant wait to get a replacement and then get that rooted and sorted :D

Stuben32

Guest stuben32

Hi Lister,

It locked up today so went into Tesco where I bought it and no problem (apart from being out of stock :( ) Getting some tonight so can go in tomorrow and pick a replacement up

Said they were aware of a bad batch, so absolutely no issue with swapping it which is great - sorry about your woes with TV's

I've worked in IT support nearly 20 years, and used Android since Éclair and Donut etc, so was dreading the have you turned it off and back on mentality :D  but all fine

So, cant wait to get a replacement and then get that rooted and sorted :D

Stuben32

Well I would be able to swap it if they had stock, or even know when they were getting any :angry2:  - Mailed Tesco Customer Services and their response was keep calling the store or get a refund and then buy one on-line at Tesco Direct as they have more stock!!

FFS -  will be mailing a response saying with they honour this outside the 14 day returns for things like tablets? and then print and take in with me

Stuben32

Guest stuben32

Well I would be able to swap it if they had stock, or even know when they were getting any :angry2:  - Mailed Tesco Customer Services and their response was keep calling the store or get a refund and then buy one on-line at Tesco Direct as they have more stock!!

FFS -  will be mailing a response saying with they honour this outside the 14 day returns for things like tablets? and then print and take in with me

Stuben32

Hello Everyone,

Still no stock to get mine replaced -

Something else I have tried - Installed the Xposed framework and added the Xblast module - theres an option for build.prop edits - and one tha refered to the GPU and the UI (rather than the fix I tried before (Developer Options>Forece GPU rendering in 2D apps)

Been playing quite a bit todaya nd it seems to be working, but time will tel.

This was on the Nexus 7 forums as they have had similar issues with touchscreen - may help - Don't appy the files as they may be specific to new Nexus (but maybe open and see whats different)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2428133

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Stuben32,

Wow, sorry not been around much and seen all these replies.... and boy, the hassle you're having with Tesco's.... Takes me back to my faulty TV days... :( <shudders>....

Can't believe Tesco dont have any stock yet, do they not want to sell these for Christmas pressies then or summit??? We went into our branch, and they did it there and then... They said they had to order direct, and that it would come into the branch. It seriously only took like 2x days max... Is there any other Tesco branches near, where ya can see if they can pull their finger out a bit better...??

Brother got his one replaced, as ya know... and so far touch wood... Has been fine!!! He said it locked up once, but believes that could of been the Go Launcher HD app, and so taken that off and said its been ok since...

Glad ya having a little play around with Xposed, its an amazing App... and useful until the custom roms come around... :) So many neat settings to tweak... ;) lol

Cheers, Lister

Guest stuben32

Hi Stuben32,

Wow, sorry not been around much and seen all these replies.... and boy, the hassle you're having with Tesco's.... Takes me back to my faulty TV days... :( <shudders>....

Can't believe Tesco dont have any stock yet, do they not want to sell these for Christmas pressies then or summit??? We went into our branch, and they did it there and then... They said they had to order direct, and that it would come into the branch. It seriously only took like 2x days max... Is there any other Tesco branches near, where ya can see if they can pull their finger out a bit better...??

Brother got his one replaced, as ya know... and so far touch wood... Has been fine!!! He said it locked up once, but believes that could of been the Go Launcher HD app, and so taken that off and said its been ok since...

Glad ya having a little play around with Xposed, its an amazing App... and useful until the custom roms come around... :) So many neat settings to tweak... ;) lol

Cheers, Lister

Hurrah,

Phoned this morning and the local superstore had 1 in stock - Put it aside for me and made a dash with a friend to swap

Hopefully this will be the end of my woes :D How long to wait til I root it? ;)

Stuben32

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hurrah,

Phoned this morning and the local superstore had 1 in stock - Put it aside for me and made a dash with a friend to swap

Hopefully this will be the end of my woes :D How long to wait til I root it? ;)

Stuben32

Straight away! I wouldn't mess with any other files though to be honest if the rumours of 4.4 getting on it are true then changing files may stop it updating