What's best for what I'm looking for...

Guest ChrisNicol

Guest ChrisNicol

Hi there, not very clued up on the ROM side, I know many do different things for this and that but here's what I'm after...

Not needing any unnecessary apps or widgets, just like the normal Facebook, Whatsapp, Kik etc.

Also looking for a ROM with a good performance as well as battery life, any help would be appreciated - cheers!

I know it's my own ROM, but most people seem very satisfied with H3 Holo. It's the fastest GB ROM and battery life isn't bad. It's also got over the air updates, so if anyone finds a bug or if I find a way to improve battery life even more then everyone can instantly benefit from a quick and simple update.

Run the following commands on any other ROM and then run them on H3 Holo. You'll find that H3 Holo finishes in blistering speed compared to the rest.

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null

Also on any other Gingerbread ROM go to your power widgets and enable Wi-Fi, then enable a portable Wi-Fi hotspot and then re-enable Wi-Fi. It'll crash, but on H3 Holo it won't. That's just one of the many bugs I've fixed, but there are also more concerning security fixes such as the master key exploits being blocked in H3 Holo. Every other Gingerbread ROM is vulnerable to them.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest ChrisNicol

Thanks for both the replies guys...

I followed Nimics suggestion which is the perfect ROM for me, but there is no internet connection for me to use on browser or portable Wi-Fi which I was really gutted about as I would have used it. If there is a fix then could someone let me know, cheers.

H3ROS, I'm already using your ROM with great effect buddy(no idea how to run a command though....)

I'm not sure. It could be a bug or it could be missing info. I wouldn't look too much into it myself due to the other issues the ROM has. Like there's the UI force closes, security issues and you seem to use a few chat apps, but what about Skype or Viber? They don't work correctly on IC.

Edited by H3ROS

themarkoface vs H3ROS . Oh you remember those days with warez and stuff....

Hah ..but who is the winner, and why they started a battle? who's wrong? who is right also? everyone is wrong lol.

themarkoface vs H3ROS . Oh you remember those days with warez and stuff....

No actual vs though. I just thought it's worth pointing the ROM out, since it's faster than any other GB ROM, has a ton of bugs fixed, security holes plugged and it's kinda beautiful. If there's something a user doesn't like about it they can change it easily too, like the launcher for example. Or maybe someone would like 1% battery status, but right now it's AOSP only because there's been no demand for other battery mods.

There's no "winner" or a "battle" as users will use whatever they want. I just told the guy some facts so that he can try things out himself and see that I've not made it up.

Guest ChrisNicol

H3ROS, your ROM is great ok - just not what I'm looking for due to the battery life(although I am using it). The ROM I want is Innovative Creations 3.0 but it will not give me an Internet Connection via the phone to browse or download apps. I was looking for a fix for this if at all possible?

H3ROS, your ROM is great ok - just not what I'm looking for due to the battery life(although I am using it). The ROM I want is Innovative Creations 3.0 but it will not give me an Internet Connection via the phone to browse or download apps. I was looking for a fix for this if at all possible?

The battery requires recalibration after install and it can take 2-3 days to settle after a 100% charge. I'm also trying to improve battery, but for myself and most others battery life is good as it is (I explained it in my thread the other day).

Like I said, I only mentioned the ROM because it has bugs fixed, security holes plugged and it's faster (run the commands and see for yourself). You also mentioned chat apps so I brought that up, since H3 Holo is the only GB ROM to have working Skype and Viber.

Honestly, I'd recommend by older ROM (H3 Blues) if you're looking for battery life, since that's tried and tested. I'm unable to help with IC since I don't get on with it's author at all. We fallen out after I gave him some constructive criticism, like pointing out some bugs, how to fix them and that it's spelled innovative, not inovative. He didn't fix anything and still calls it "inovative".

EDIT: To recalibration you'd charge the battery to 100% and then wipe the battery status from the advanced menu in CWM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest robneymcplum

And if you want a later android version then use my ESSEX rom, its stripped down and has excellent battery life and had no reported issues aexcept some toggles on some apps are hard to read, but I cant adjust everything to work with every app :) BUT as all the post GB roms, it has issues with bluetooth, camera flash and others. HERO's is definetely the most solid rom with none of that, so for you, I would recommend that one :)

I've been meaning to say that that's a pretty looking 4.x ROM by the way :) I know how you feel about not being able to adjust everything too. I had to do the same thing with H3 Holo so that it didn't break any apps that were designed for Gingerbread. Like for example, if I was to make every menu have a black background, what if someones app had forced black text? It sucks to have no control of it, but I got around it by making white menus look good instead.

Edited by H3ROS

You don't have a browser or what is the problem with Inovative? H3ROS, Marko chooses what name he wants, i think you have something agaisnt him, let's all be equal and kind with all others, for the respect of our phone Skate at least, ChrisNicol, what really is the problem? you don't have a browser or what? i will try to help you.

You don't have a browser or what is the problem with Inovative? H3ROS, Marko chooses what name he wants, i think you have something agaisnt him, let's all be equal and kind with all others, for the respect of our phone Skate at least, ChrisNicol, what really is the problem? you don't have a browser or what? i will try to help you.

I've just explained why I won't have anything to do with him or the ROM. All I ever did was point out some issues and Marko insulted me and tried to make me look bad before. He never did apologize either, so whatever, he's not worth my time.

I have no problems with any of the other devs here (whats left of them) as they're able to take constructive criticism. Like even when someones flat out said that H3 Holo sucked and that they're going back to H3 Blues I didn't get upset. I simply asked the user why, to which they said because bluetooth wasn't working. I fixed that and now everyones happy.

Guest ChrisNicol

hi again Nimic, I couldn't get an internet connection to connect to Google play, Browser etc etc but I managed it by putting in APN settings an it eventually picked an I have had no problems since. Maybe post in the thread about this matter just incase anyone else experiencing the same problem perhaps?

Guest robneymcplum

You don't have a browser 

Your issue with my rom is no browser? You say that like its a BAD thing? :) I could put standard browser on, you install your own and then you have 2 browsers clogging up the fone?