Hudl or Asus HD7

Guest jamie_w

Guest jamie_w

Can I ask for peoples opinion please. I'm looking at either getting the hudl or Asus hd7 which are both of a similar price range, so can I have peoples opinions please.

Guest greyrider

For me, it was the (OK, only slightly) better screen resolution of the Hudl and that it has HDMI out - we use it to catch up on things we've missed and for iPlayer etc.

The Asus probably has a useful camera, but as I don't use the Hudl one for anything that wasn't an issue.

Guest menace1944

Bought an Asus HD7 for my daughter one week before hudl was announced so have experience of both. The hudl has brighter screen and faster processor and would be no contest except for the layout of buttons and sockets and the cases. Asus has better layout of buttons and sockets especially for portrait mode for a righthanded user. Why is hudl portrait mode upside down? Easily fixed but then the standard case is wrong way round. Hudl USB socket location prevents charger cable being connected when using case as stand for hudl in landscape mode. Overall I prefer the hudl to the Asus but it is a close call.

Edited by menace1944

Guest glossywhite

It would probably be used for general web browsing, watching videos and games for my son.

Buy the hudl :) - it's cheap (if you buy from me, as I am selling mine ;))

Bought an Asus HD7 for my daughter one week before hudl was announced so have experience of both. The hudl has brighter screen and faster processor and would be no contest except for the layout of buttons and sockets and the cases. Asus has better layout of buttons and sockets especially for portrait mode for a righthanded user. Why is hudl portrait mode upside down? Easily fixed but then the standard case is wrong way round. Hudl USB socket location prevents charger cable being connected when using case as stand for hudl in landscape mode. Overall I prefer the hudl to the Asus but it is a close call.

Similarly, I bought and HD7 for my father one week before Hudl was announced.

My findings are pretty much identical - in general use there's not a lot in it.

Personal I prefer the greater screen real estate of the Hudl, but I think I would have been just as happy with the HD7 (although I bought the Hudl with Clubcard Points, so it was a no-brainer for me.)