[ROM][ESSEX_V2][4.2][CM10.1]14.11.2013

Guest robneymcplum

Guest robneymcplum

Latest version 2 of my previous ROM/overlay/modification. Changed from PA based to ColdFusion based as was having issues with the keyboard which, after using this for a week or two I'm not.

Thanks to Tilal for the CF base, who in turn thanked these people:

• All the members of the AndroidARMv6 Project especially WaylandACE
  • CyanogenMod Team
  • C3C0
  • KonstaT

So I am as well, both feature the exposed framework so I thank rovo89 from XDA developers, femblast also from XDA for the XBlast tools module, Mohammad Adib for roundr and mycolourscreen for the zooper widget. All working except camera flash, bluetooth not turning off and built in wifi tethering as usual.

2 sizes, diet will fit on a 170mb partition and features just zeam launcher, a widget, gapps, beats audio, xposed framework and xblast.

fullfat has those, plus rocket music player, es file explorer, gmaps, and gmail, all as system apps and needs a 195mb partition.

Only issue I have found is the rounded corners overlaps the notification drawer only when pulled down, it is the only thing it does it on and stopping it there means it wont work elsewhere. Some colours on some apps dont work well with the theme, but there will always be conflicts if its not standard colours I guess. 

As I STILL cant make a flashable zip :( both these have to be installed as a nandroid backup in CWM so download, unzip, and drag over the folder with the date on to SD/clockworkmod/backup and restore that way.

Have tried to make it as 'official' looking as possible, my interpretation of what a nice stock orange phone could look like, I dont overclock and dont need to, all is smooth and battery life is excellent.

As it is now, if you tap the weather icon the phone app opens, this is just as I like my homescreen clutter free, if you double tap the screen the app drawer opens again, because I delete the app drawer icon from the invisible launcher, which is still there :) slide down to show the status bar, and slide up to hide it.

To change the weather app icon use, tap the clock/layoutscalable icon set/widget on tap action and select your weather app or whatever.

To change your town/city on the widget icon, which doesnt effect the app you have just chosen, again tap widget clock/location/and press the +

To change the launcher background/style/app drawer style press menu/preferences from the home screen.

I hope someone likes this, any issues let me know and I will try, or somebody else might help.

FIrst link is diet, second is fullfat.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/HFtCRGJn/ESSEX_V2_diet.html  diet, 170mb partition needed

http://www.4shared.com/zip/5Sc5oSAg/ESSEX_V2_fullfat.html fullfat, 195mb partition needed

post-946864-0-47738500-1384422700_thumb.

post-946864-0-99372800-1384422708_thumb.

post-946864-0-54049600-1384422720_thumb.

post-946864-0-62515900-1384422729_thumb.

post-946864-0-23092200-1384422742_thumb.

post-946864-0-84303500-1384422748_thumb.

Edited by robneymcplum

Guest robneymcplum

Oh, and can anyone help me unlock this phone? Have posted in the top pinned topic as I cant do it, wont find the phone in QPST whichever way I have the phone, debug on/off, FTM screen, CWM, USB storage on/off....this rom, stock rom, stock recovery... nothing :(

It is nice, i was worried because is not a flashable zip, i am testing it right now, last time i tested your old version but when i modified settings to performance and max mhz to 806 the performance was worse and not faster than stock settings, i want to keep all settings to performance and not image quality, good work.

Guest robneymcplum

As I said, I dont overclock so have no benchmark to compare that to, and I would guess this wouldnt be as fast as GB as its not official? I dont know to be honest.

As a side note then I'll say if you overclock then thats something I've not tested so trial and error on your part for that. I use greenify and tasker to help my battery out more and stop running processes.

Guest robneymcplum

ah :( I don't have extsd, I'm guessing that's why? and unsure how to remedy that. if I make an ext then back up again, post up that one, I assume that would work?

I don't know but it is not working, after i restore, restart and phone stay in splash screen and do nothing after , nice try i like there are people who make nice roms for this phone, most developers got a new phone.

Guest robneymcplum

I think that's why there is an error, it wasn't made with an ext partition, I use link2sd so I've never needed one. use an unpartitioned SD to install, then set up the ext once that's working fine.