Alternative Roms

Guest comicbookguy

Guest The Soup Thief

I'm still happy on stock kitkat. I've flashed custom roms with all my previous phones to improve battery life, performance etc, but I'm already getting a full day's use with moderate to heavy use so there's little urgency at the mo. I am missing a few things (like customisable pull down quick settings) but Xposed framework mods are meeting most of my tweaky twitches!

Guest comicbookguy

it's virtually stock, with 99% of the MCR and CM style tweaks i'm used to: customisable pulldown tiles, battery %, NFC when screen off, customisable lockscreen, quicksettings pulldown with one finger, clear all recent apps, advance power menu etc.

also it includes features of "Autohide Softkeys" - Nav bar resize and "immersive mode" Nav bar and status bar hiding. i'm trying to get the dev to allow hiding Nav bar but keeping status bar tho.

and it works with Franco Kernel

with that and NovaLauncher Beta i'm very happy!

i'll test CM11 when we get official nightlies, but without Franco their own kernel will have to be amazeballs...

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest The Soup Thief

C3C076@xda just updated the Gravity Box module for KitKat, so now my needs are fully met (for a while at least). Got expanded desktop with Pie, battery icon mods, quicksettings and a bunch else besides! Plus it's all turn-off-and-onable :-) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070 Am very pleased with battery life (10 hours' standard use since charge and 53% remaining, which is pretty fab). Access to all my fave bells and whistles. Very little I'm missing, tbh :-)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest comicbookguy

i tried Xposed when it was first released, and there didn't seen much stuff that wasn't on MCR which i was using anyway. maybe it's time to try it again.

i'm getting very similar battery life on 11hour shifts at work, with data off while screen is off, Llama running scheduling and NFC always on. standby power consumption is excellent