How to flash to the standard UK ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest h@mster81

Apparently update for retail ROMs is rolling out, too. I just wonder if Paul could repackage the updated KitKat ROM in the same he did with the original?

Guest audax-emerald

Just seen an OTA update to a phone that had originally been a Tesco phone but which was flashed with the stock rom due to the lock on the voicemail number.

If you don't get an update notification or still can't get it from system update just restart your mobile it will flag up straight away

From my Moto g Kitkat

Guest MickJack

Thanks paul, all and willdashwood's post #62, had to flash this (ota not installing on rooted tesco) half hour later offered ota update, this time installed easy, time to play ;-)

Guest tekwizz123

Brilliant Paul, been looking for a way to restore the phone, nothing seemed to work until I found this. BTW in case people are on linux, if you get something like this after doing chmod +x flash-linux.sh && sudo ./flash-linux.sh target max-sparse-size: 256MB sending 'partition' (32 KB)... OKAY [ 0.029s] writing 'partition'... (bootloader) Preflash validation failed FAILED (remote failure) finished. total time: 0.440s target max-sparse-size: 256MB sending 'motoboot' (1940 KB)... OKAY [ 0.103s] writing 'motoboot'... Its OK. Let the phone boot. The phone might hang on the Motorola sign and start rippling. Again this is fine. Let it boot and it should tell you its starting to prepair the device, at which point it will have succeeded :)

Guest gamla77

Hi,

Is it possible to flash a UK stock firmware on a device that was purchased in the US (Global GSM version).
Apparently the UK version supports more languages then the US version.  

Guest mccbrandon

Hi paul, i just sent my moto g back to motorola because my talkmobile sim would not work in it, they sent me a new one and the sim still does not work, do you have any surgestions ????  please help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildestpixel

Hi paul, i just sent my moto g back to motorola because my talkmobile sim would not work in it, they sent me a new one and the sim still does not work, do you have any surgestions ???? please help

You have done the troubleshooting. You need a new sim from CPW.

Guest somerandomhash

Just wanted to say thanks for the op, I was able to use it to flash falcon_retgb-user 4.4.2 KLB20.9-1.10-1.9 5 release-keysMSM8626BP_1032.340.63.00 (now done x2) without problems. Very grateful & learning lots... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest A_Caligari

New here so bear with me :)

Wanted to reflash my Moto G back to stock (done it a while back) but i'm getting an 'access denied' on the command line.  I have the required rom, fast-boot in a folder, phone is rooted with usb debugging enabled and the necessary driver are installed.

So my question is why the access denied on the command line.  The phone is connected (showing up on fastboot flash mode); don't know if this matters but it refuses to do a factory reset.

Thanks.

Fixed the phone but now i have to go back and reroot the phone - doh!

Edited by A_Caligari

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rahul sunny

hi, i am from India

i did same as you said i got my mobile from XT1033 to XT1032

but now i my mobile was not working in the same way as XT1033 i am facing many problems

so please tell me how to get my old ROM i.e.to XT1033

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shmotog

Hi, I wanted to know if the STOCK ROM here is genuine motorola. If the MOTO G STOCK ROM is not made available by motorola itself then is the copy mentioned in this thread genuine motorola stock rom?

Guest Baghi

Hello Paul, thanks for all the work you've done so far especially the superboot rooting method. I just wanted to ask that is there still any need to use Motorola's modified fastboot to flash ROMs? I've seen many people using to achieve some things and then the standard to achieve other; this is slightly confusing for someone like me who's new to all this. Could you please shed some light on this matter?.

Thank you once again.

• 1 month later...
Guest tkelly0727

hey Paul, first of all thank you for your work i used the method on my moto g whenever i go back to the stock GB. i know this is the wrong thread but i recently bought a moto x on o2 and do  you think it would be more or less the same process but typing the commands manually for the moto x retail Gb rom. and would it require a lock or unlocked bootloader. thanks in advance