Xolo X900, Xolo X500, Orange Sandiego Official Tool Kit

Guest kabirsaini2011

Guest karthiknr

@karthiknr, glad you got it sorted although you do know I was winging it don't you? I'm no developer I'm afraid. I don't know if I should ask but are you going to try again :) ? If so maybe use the 299MB zip first?

@darkvicious, I think you managed to put your question within the quote but if you're looking for the 299MB zip it's here :- https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a7vtezns1l49a0/update.zip

I will definitely try again but this time i will manually go into stock recovery and erase data and cache. Using fastboot i'll erase system so that the tool doesn't do any damage again :P . I'll use it only for flashing. But like i think the only way we can make sure the bootloader signing works is if we try it on an unsigned ROM,do we have any for the OSD at all?

Guest Hasan217

I will definitely try again but this time i will manually go into stock recovery and erase data and cache. Using fastboot i'll erase system so that the tool doesn't do any damage again :P . I'll use it only for flashing. But like i think the only way we can make sure the bootloader signing works is if we try it on an unsigned ROM,do we have any for the OSD at all?

Well, the problem with that is that if you over-write the bootloader and if it doesn't sign it then you a have a risk of permanently bricking your device. It has been tried before in this forum. Although not with this tool.

Give it a try again with the same flash file i.e. the 299mb update.zip

First we need to see how the tool works and what are the possible problems one can face and then we can try Custom ROM. My suggestion would be not to jump to Custom here before understanding what the problems the tool can cause.

Guest kabirsaini2011

What about JB rom of Moto Razr-i or xolo x1000

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'v got no experience whatsoever of this but using this guide on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690 could you not mod the Xolo rom which would presumably break the existing signing. If you then tried to flash it it should fail to install, you would then try the signing and if it works and installs 'BINGO'. You would only need to change something minimum such as the wallpaper?

Edit :- I would hold off trying the Razr i rom yet, small steps...

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising

Would it be possible for people who have patched their phones and can't root anymore to use this tool to revert to the original Xolo ICS rom? Or would it just be the same as trying to flash from recovery?

Guest shuntgenerator

Just sharing something i observed.

with this new piece of tool i can find 4 different connection statuses.

MOS - switched on device connected

POS - Device in droid boot connected

COS - Switched off device connected while keeping volume down pressed

SOC (SOC serial number is displayed)- Simultaneously pressing power and camera briefly while in droidboot all the while keeping the device connected on USB (this mode persists for just 1 min). When entering this mode for the first time a driver gets installed and device manager shows a new device named Medfield under intel group.

founde a better way to enter SOC mode. Press camera button and plug in device(switched off)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2283433

Edited by shuntgenerator

Guest unrandomsam

Thank you for this tool, I was able to unbrick my xolo and put everything in order and after study it is possible to create a custom rom with but it must have a high level of knowledge to arrivé.Et for those who are interresse I put a link to the original rom for all the available xolo

http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-stock-rom-models

Wait are you running now 4.1.2 ? (Because that is what the x900 rom there is).

Guest shuntgenerator

http://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Flenovo-forums.ru%2Ftopic%2F1817-customrom-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%B0-k900-row-009-0131-01082013-%D0%BE%D1%82-l-fru%2Fpage-3

Some guys doing similar things with k900(clovertail device). In 2nd post one guy is complaining about the flashing process stopping at 'fastboot erase data'. and in the 4th post saying that he corrected it somehow. translation is not very good in that part. What i can understand is that he ditched virutalbox and installed software on win 7.

(don't take this as spamming or anything. I mean no harm. Just passing info so someone with experience who would not bother digging for it can use it somehow)

Guest shuntgenerator

Wait are you running now 4.1.2 ? (Because that is what the x900 rom there is).

Probably not. This the build.prop (file from androidxda).

This one has a higher build revision version (compared to original 299MB update.zip) and later build date. Probably a patched version. But it is a positive sign to get even this patched rom flashed since there are no official signed patched rom available yet.

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.display.id=IMM76D
ro.build.version.incremental=1021.211438
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Sun Oct 21 21:15:12 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1350825312
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=svnadmin
ro.build.host=nataku09
ro.product.board=mfld
ro.product.cpu.abi=x86
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=mrst
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=mfld_pr2
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.ril.status.polling.enable=0
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a
ro.config.personality=compat_layout
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.intel.corp.email=1
ro.product.brand=intel
ro.product.model=Xolo_X900
ro.product.name=XOLO_X900
ro.product.device=blackbay
ro.product.manufacturer=intel
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.id=AZ510_ICS_02.24I
ro.build.revision=V2.240
ro.product.locale.region=UK
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r7
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-intel
persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Calcutta
ro.product.defaultime=latinime
ro.product.defaultLatinIME=1
camera.social=1
camera.panorama=1
camera.dcim=1
drm.service.enabled=1
ro.camera.sound.forced=1
ro.config.sound_fx_volume=-20
ro.config.ringtone=Gimme_Mo_Town.ogg
ro.product.statusbarwidget=1
ro.sms.encodemode=0
ro.sms.service.preference=3
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.gan.enable=2
ro.dtm.disable=1
ro.build.description=mfld_pr2-user 4.0.4 AZ510_ICS_02.24I 1021.211438 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=intel/XOLO_X900/blackbay:4.0.4/AZ510_ICS_02.24I/1021.211438:user/release-keys
ro.ibuild.revision=7736
Edited by shuntgenerator

Guest kabirsaini2011

Probably not. This the build.prop (file from androidxda).

This one has a higher build revision version (compared to original 299MB update.zip) and later build date. Probably a patched version. But it is a positive sign to get even this patched rom flashed since there are no official signed patched rom available yet.

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.display.id=IMM76D
ro.build.version.incremental=1021.211438
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Sun Oct 21 21:15:12 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1350825312
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=svnadmin
ro.build.host=nataku09
ro.product.board=mfld
ro.product.cpu.abi=x86
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=mrst
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=mfld_pr2
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.ril.status.polling.enable=0
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi-v7a
ro.config.personality=compat_layout
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.intel.corp.email=1
ro.product.brand=intel
ro.product.model=Xolo_X900
ro.product.name=XOLO_X900
ro.product.device=blackbay
ro.product.manufacturer=intel
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.id=AZ510_ICS_02.24I
ro.build.revision=V2.240
ro.product.locale.region=UK
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r7
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-intel
ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-intel
persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Calcutta
ro.product.defaultime=latinime
ro.product.defaultLatinIME=1
camera.social=1
camera.panorama=1
camera.dcim=1
drm.service.enabled=1
ro.camera.sound.forced=1
ro.config.sound_fx_volume=-20
ro.config.ringtone=Gimme_Mo_Town.ogg
ro.product.statusbarwidget=1
ro.sms.encodemode=0
ro.sms.service.preference=3
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.gan.enable=2
ro.dtm.disable=1
ro.build.description=mfld_pr2-user 4.0.4 AZ510_ICS_02.24I 1021.211438 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=intel/XOLO_X900/blackbay:4.0.4/AZ510_ICS_02.24I/1021.211438:user/release-keys
ro.ibuild.revision=7736

I have 2 patched full roms

Guest BlueMoonRising

well, My mate has some little upgrade. He figured out the stuff and flashed gingerbread back. Now, he is preparing for jellybean. 

What rom is he using for JB?

Guest Biohead

I've had a very brief look at this tool, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I see no way that it allows you to actually sign files. I just make it out to be a tool to flash the phone. Now if you could flash a modified boot loader then I see how it would help. Like I say though, it was only a brief look.

Hi every one,

I tried this tool to flash my phone (Orange with Intel Inside FR), and i got "Success". Howerver, after Xolo screen, I just have a black screen.

Instead of "fastboot" i used blankphone (Seing the error with karthiknr, i just wonder "Why not to try the other one).

I don't know if it is interesting to you, I just share my 'experimentation'.

Log attached to this reply.

EDIT : I tried with razr (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2174731) and that doesn't work : "Signature verfication failed"

test.txt

Edited by Jul655

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi every one,

I tried this tool to flash my phone (Orange with Intel Inside FR), and i got "Success". Howerver, after Xolo screen, I just have a black screen.

Instead of "fastboot" i used blankphone (Seing the error with karthiknr, i just wonder "Why not to try the other one).

I don't know if it is interesting to you, I just share my 'experimentation'.

Log attached to this reply.

EDIT : I tried with razr (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2174731) and that doesn't work : "Signature verfication failed"

Lol, very brave of you trying almost random options. You did recover your phone I hope? If so how?

Not yet, i do not have so much time. When I will have free time, I will work on it. (I will go abroad during xmas holiday so i won't be able to do something before January)

Oh ! And one change when I flashed the phone is ; the number of vibrations when i turn on the phone.

Before it was like 1 or 2 vibration(s), now it is 5 : "bip bip bip, bip............... bip .............." (sorry for this maybe useless information) just telling everything changed.

In all case, to unbrick this, I will try the solution with hdmi cable (I have to buy the cable before) and let see ;).

Not yet, i do not have so much time. When I will have free time, I will work on it. (I will go abroad during xmas holiday so i won't be able to do something before January)

Oh ! And one change when I flashed the phone is ; the number of vibrations when i turn on the phone.

Before it was like 1 or 2 vibration(s), now it is 5 : "bip bip bip, bip............... bip .............." (sorry for this maybe useless information) just telling everything changed.

In all case, to unbrick this, I will try the solution with hdmi cable (I have to buy the cable before) and let see ;).

Hello , your problem solved? My X900 also encountered this problem, and now I do not have a solution.

HDMI connection TV ,hold power & tap volume + Enter  droidboot.

2.jpg

Connected to the computer can just hold down the power button and the camera. By x900 tool kit.