I dropped my OMC into water

Guest nimic

Today , i was not careful and i dropped my skate into water , then immediately i removed the chase and battery, now I wiped the phone and dried , i don't know what to do, i tried to put battery and i just pressed one time power button  not to power on just i pressed one time to see if the red led button shows, you know (when phone is off if i press power button shows a button red light), but was sart blinking after i pressed the power button  , i think it keep restarting the phone , i removed the battery and i put my phone in a bag of rice,I read on the internet that this would help to dry inside.

Do you guys have any advice or something that can help? let me know, if i lose my skate, i don't have money to get other phone, every tip is helpful.

I want to thank to all developers who worked out on these great roms i have used in my phone, it was really great to feel the phone fast and to look better the same time, i really appreciate their work and they choose to share their great custom ROMS with us , i wish all Skate users to have great times with this phone using great ROMs, i will stay in touch with this forum to see new updates and stuff for my previous phone.

Sorry for my english i'm Romanian

Edited by nimic

Guest robneymcplum

firstly, hope you havent shorted it by pressing the power button. Secondly, if youve not, then leave it in the box/bag of rice for a week. Dont test it in that time, it may not need a week but do it anyway to be sure, as trying before its 100% dry WILL DEFINETELY destroy your phone.

firstly, hope you havent shorted it by pressing the power button. Secondly, if youve not, then leave it in the box/bag of rice for a week. Dont test it in that time, it may not need a week but do it anyway to be sure, as trying before its 100% dry WILL DEFINETELY destroy your phone.

No, just i clicked one time power button to see if that back button will blink with a red light , then was start blinking for a couple of seconds and stopped, i remember that when i got the phone out of water i didn't checked the phone to see if it works, i removed the battery, was not so easy because i have a plastic protection case, the phone entered the water with face down , but not entirely , when i opened the back chase and battery i found water inside and inside the audio jack(where i put my headphones), thank you for the help.

Guest robneymcplum

best thing then is to hope that surge of power from you pressing the button did nothing, I dropped mine into a pint of beer with no back on or battery in, was dripping wet. Box of rice in my airing cupboard for a week without touching it, still working fine now :)

best thing then is to hope that surge of power from you pressing the button did nothing, I dropped mine into a pint of beer with no back on or battery in, was dripping wet. Box of rice in my airing cupboard for a week without touching it, still working fine now :)

Well i dropped my phone with battery on so in this chase, the phone got too much reasons to die, i leave the phone to dry up until tomorrow night, if the phone won't power on i hope that my father will buy me a new smartphone, he got a great phone  with quad core and 5 inch. Thank you very much for the answers.

Well, now my phone is officially dead, i have tried to open it today, vibrates, the red button backlight is on but the phone won't who anything on the screen and it shuts down after 10 seconds, it is done, my Skate is off, now i have no phone and i am sad because of my mistake, hope i will get another phone, i just hope.

Guest plegdroid

It does seem that water is the biggest enemy of the skate. A little light rain killed mine off for the the second time. :)

Edited by plegdroid

Yes, but now i have a chance to get a new phone, a powerful phone, my father will find me a good phone, doesn't care it's cpu clock speed / i need just to be armv7 and to have good battery life, anything else doesn't matter.

Hi guys i heard that the phone can be fixed, at a center, a guy almost fixed the phone , i gave my phone to my brother cause i will get a new one and my brother took the phone to someone can fix it and said that it can fix it so this is great, if someone pass through this situation just try to took the phone to a phone-fixing center and you have a chance. (sorry for my en.)

• 2 weeks later...