Moto G auto reboots when connected to PC or some wall chargers?

Guest legend474

Guest legend474

Can someone confirm this is normal behaviour?

1. Connect phone to PC to charge

2. Power the phone off

3. Wait

4. The phone reboots itself

Another scenario

1. Connect phone to charge to a random USB wall adapter (in my case, I used an unbranded 1A charger)

2. same

3. same

4. same

Another scenario

1. Connect phone to charge to a branded USB wall adapter (in my case, I used LG's one from Nexus 5 1.2A)

2. same

3. same

4. Battery charging graphic is shown as expected

Thanks

Guest spike68

Similar dude. Plug into work PC, charge, unplug, powers off. Had a couple of reboots at first.

I'm figuring because it doesn't happen on my laptop with same os that its security thing. Work PC probably won't let it have admin rights to install correct drivers and blocks it causing it to have an emotional breakdown and shut off :D

Guest legend474

Similar dude. Plug into work PC, charge, unplug, powers off. Had a couple of reboots at first.

I'm figuring because it doesn't happen on my laptop with same os that its security thing. Work PC probably won't let it have admin rights to install correct drivers and blocks it causing it to have an emotional breakdown and shut off :D

It's quite different for me. Plug in PC, charge, turn off the phone while charging (I turn it off!), then it doesn't stay off and reboots instead :D

Guest legend474

I can´t remember which one, but i had a phone that always turns on when charging

If i plug mine into my laptop and turn off, it comes straight back on again. I have to unplug, switch off and then plug back in again.

Good to know I am not the only one.Although I have no idea why this doesn't happen when connected to the LG wall adapter from nexus 5 :D

Guest legend474

The great thing here dudes is that we all smiling big time :D

The phone is such a bargain, we forgive it! Not screaming for our money back.

True, true. I got one for dad for 44 quid and one for bro for 89 (both 8gb). They are sorted for chrismas :D

Guest Jevarell

I had this problem using 2 usb charger adaptors I have but when I used the plug from girlfriend's S3 Mini it did actually charge when off rather than it booting up so it seems to be a charger compatibilty issue to me.

Guest quasmin

If i plug mine into my laptop and turn off, it comes straight back on again. I have to unplug, switch off and then plug back in again.

Same here... But just this, no problems with the wall charger.

Happens with me as well. Tested on 2 different PC's, and one unbranded wall adapter.

Unplugging and switching off just results in the thing rebooting as normal.