Get FlashInfo Fail when trying to flash new Rom

Guest Sborny

Hi,

I have tried to flash various Roms and keep getting a Get FlashInfo Failure. It was updated as soon as I bought it and then rooted Nothing else has been done to it.

Does any one have any ideas why this might happen, more importantly, how to get round it as I am now in the 1.3 update loop.

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks in advance

Symon.

post-1030753-0-55112700-1386093661_thumb

Guest Mr Lawrence

Hi it looks like you are not in "Flashing Mode" on the tablet or you dont have the driver`s installed the attached devices box 1 should be green when everything is installed and ready to flash to get the hudl into flashing mode do this as per Paul`s Post regarding RKtools and stock rom "connect your device, press the reset pin while holding volume up and install drivers if prompted."if you have downloaded the required files from that post and you have checked other things like usb ports/cables etc and there all ok then the box should turn green and you can flash away.

Hope this helps

Hi, Thanks for posting. I do get the green box. The screen shot is from after I have connected the device, pressed the volume up and reset buttons which then gives me the green light. I then click the restore button which starts the process. Then after about 30 seconds I get the error in the screen shot.

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers.

Guest Mr Lawrence

Ok dont know if you have managed to sort it yet i have not been able to replicate your issue on my hudl.The only other advice i can give is are you running rktools as Admin? Try unzipping the image file straight to the desktop (i had an issue with a Ainol Auroa that would not flash unless the image was on the desktop) Try on another laptop/pc if poss and finally try downloading one of the images again it could be that something happened to them i would try pauls stock image as i have used that several times to get me out of trouble!

Hope you get to the bottom of it

Cheers

Guest blinkydamo

I have a ROM coming out in the next few hours that is flashed with a different program.  If you are still having problems then give it a try.  

I will post when it is finished uploading and let you know how to install it.

Blinky

Guest blinkydamo

Sorry guys,

I am in uni this morning but will get it sorted for you this afternoon, work load is a little high at the moment.

I have got it running with full init.d support, busybox, custom recovery and the new KitKat launcher fully running.  We also have a reboot app courtesy of Petrus over on FreakTab.com which is really a very handy app, allows not only normal rebooting but also a quick access to both the recovery and the bootloader for flashing updates or complete flashes.   I also managed to remove ALL of the tesco crap and run a few scripts that will hopefully speed things up a little.

Looking into how to integrate crossbreeder at the moment.  We have some custom kernels coming that Hal is looking at, I have also had a look but this might be a little way off yet.

Sorry for teasing you all, didn't mean too, will get it out to you all as soon as possible.

Cheers

Blinky

Guest blinkydamo

At the moment it is mounted the same way as the original.  I will be looking into how we can sort this but as we have the ability to flash from the external it is not as important as some other things.

I have just spoken the Hal2710 and believe he is coming along well with the kernel and is looking into adding different options to the kernel.  This will be a massive just forward for this tablet and will really help to unleash the full potential, looking forward to what he can come up with.

Blinky.