Unable to set custom ringtones/notifications

Guest JaffoCake

Guest JaffoCake

Hoping for some pointers as to how to get custom ringtones/notifications working.

I've put the files (various formats, mp4, m4a, ogg) where the Moto support files say (eg. device > Internal Storage > Notifications) but they aren't showing up in the selection list. Any ideas?

Liking the phone so far; big improvement over my Ascend G300 but, good grief, how abysmal is the camera?

On my Moto G I made two new folders one named Ringtones & one named Notifications in XT1032 > Internal Storage, put some mp3 files in both & they show up just fine in settings.

Guest JaffoCake

XT1032\ Internal Storage\media\audio

and in the folder audio create 3 folders called: alarms, notifications and ringtones

Worked a treat. Many thanks!

:D

Guest henrythedog

I know you've found a way now, but alternatively just go into a music player like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.music&hl=en_GB

Search/play through songs on your device until you find one you want to use and hit the 3 dots (menu) butoon on bottom right corner of screen and select "set as ringtone", that way you don't have to move/have songs in different locations on your phone... hope that helps someone :)

• 1 month later...