Someone want adapt android kitkat ? Please :/

Guest trunyk

Hi, 

First, i want tell to developper a big thanks and then , i want know if someone have an project with android 4.4 ?

If it isn't, someone can make this please ? Because the cloudmobile is an good and cheap mobile but with good performance...

Thanks a lot :D 

Guest Spacecaker

we have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried but nope nope nope

even cm10.1 (4.2.2) didnt boot and 4.3 neither and 4.4 aswell ( has same errors as CM10.1 and also this one needs new special recovery) 

Guest oggy059

I agree that this phone actually can go further, but with the lack of developer, there is nothing we can do. Only top-tier have the most developer with certain exception of budget phone(that have large user base) & the previously top-tier phone(like SGS2 or HTC Sensation). Rather than lack of developer, we lack of a team of experienced devs to port CM to this phone. With Acer on verge of bancrupt(or they might be survive with new CEO), I have no expectation of any future update.

Guest oggy059

Unless someone is making bounty(like fund-raising) for porting Kit Kat on this device to attract more devs, I can't see whether this device can go on or not. Most probably more or less people are looking for newer phone this Christmas. Some devs even risking their own phone to be bricked in order to port new ROM(well, with the support from the other user, of course). 

Guest Spacecaker

Unless someone is making bounty(like fund-raising) for porting Kit Kat on this device to attract more devs, I can't see whether this device can go on or not. Most probably more or less people are looking for newer phone this Christmas. Some devs even risking their own phone to be bricked in order to port new ROM(well, with the support from the other user, of course).

but still if we do a fund raiser xD it eont bemuch lol

although we are very close to get Cm10.1 or above its indeed lack of developers

only 1/4 here from wich maybe 1/2 still active.

and to be honest i have tried a full month all days long to make kenel and try to boot and build cm10.1 but thanks to some errors / faults it never booted

and when u k all those developers on xda or other sites they either never respond or say they dont know

aka arrogance

so its bit hopeless.

i gave up on it though

i want to have cm10 stable and thats it i think. unless i suddenly get some clues in cm10.1 or such but till now not happening

The rom didn't boot ? 

Do you know what is the cause ? Why the rom didn't boot ?

space mentioned before in quite a few threads that the kernel for android 4.2+ lacks proper display drivers from qualcomm so it boots but it's just an black screen.

Guest Spacecaker

space mentioned before in quite a few threads that the kernel for android 4.2+ lacks proper display drivers from qualcomm so it boots but it's just an black screen.

nah not only that.

more errors in kernel

and some libs that (again kernel issue) are using specific headers and parts from the kernel.

like the display (hw) and libgralloc

and such.

when kernel is proper i do think it would be easy to fix the left over issues :p

but aint nobody got time for that

nah not only that.

more errors in kernel

and some libs that (again kernel issue) are using specific headers and parts from the kernel.

like the display (hw) and libgralloc

and such.

when kernel is proper i do think it would be easy to fix the left over issues :P

but aint nobody got time for that

I will have some time as the winter holiday is close, but again i'm a total noob in building/compiling kernels...Maybe you can teach me the basics and i will figure out the rest:) Also i cannot install ubuntu on 64 bit as my mouse and keyboard looks dead, but on windows works perfectly fine.

Guest Spacecaker

I will have some time as the winter holiday is close, but again i'm a total noob in building/compiling kernels...Maybe you can teach me the basics and i will figure out the rest:) Also i cannot install ubuntu on 64 bit as my mouse and keyboard looks dead, but on windows works perfectly fine.

use other linux distro,s ?

Linux Mint

Backtrack 

Lubuntu

or other linux versions.

also i am a complete newb in kernels and such

java i can no problem 

but C or CPP its hard 

i can play with the files but thats it.

Guest Vinga Dan

Hello. 

I have some C-CPP knowledge and i will be glad to help, but i don't know much about android karnel.

On holiday vacation i will have a lot of free time, so any tips to point me from where to start will be very appreciated.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english.

Guest Spacecaker

well ifu sync CM10.1 Sources 

and try to compile it u will get errror,s

wich are related to kernel files in c-cpp

so in there u should need to fix the stuff (look at some MSM/8960/8260a kernel devices and such ) as references etc