[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Something Wierd

There surely is someone out there who has spare time and enough hardware resources to compile the ROM, it's not that difficult and devs/google will help you fixing most errors ... I have a 6 years old desktop PC and 50 kB/s connection, syncing git took me a week because of connection errors and then compiling made my PC unusable for almost a whole day - yet it finished with an error xDD

Same here.An old pc with 100gb memory and 30gb of Internet.And thats why i dont even think about touching that stuff.I have a beather lap top,but im not the only one using it.

Guest plantroon

Same here.An old pc with 100gb memory and 30gb of Internet.And thats why i dont even think about touching that stuff.I have a beather lap top,but im not the only one using it.

This one made my day :D Truly next gen home PC

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Mad. Incidentally, I don't suppose you know the approximate size of the sync, do you? I read its about 35GB for CM. I have an okay connection (0.3-1.5 MB/s) but still an anaemic PC to use it with. That would still take foreveeeer...

Guest frenkystyle

hello,great rom for my blade 3 :) but i have only 2 problems first is sometimes when i turn off wifi it cant be turned on,only when i restart my phone but that only happens maybe once a week,but for me bigger issue is android.media has stopped working,it happens at least 3 times a week and the only thin i can do is to restart my phone and then works normaly

Guest PandaDNB

Well i can volunteer to compile but i have no idea what to do. My internet is fast and my pc isn't bad at all. The only problem is as I said i have no knowledge in this area. 

3342559362.png

Edited by PandaDNB

Guest johny_pg1

Well i can volunteer to compile but i have no idea what to do. My internet is fast and my pc isn't bad at all. The only problem is as I said i have no knowledge in this area.

Try watching youtube tutorials by xda developers

3342559362.png

Try watching youtube tutorials by xda developers

Edited by johny_pg1

Guest MJonMoDaCo

CM M3 release was only a couple weeks back. No ETA will be given, so not really any point in asking. If KonstaT updates this rom it'll be with good reason. But asking for it 'just because' isnt going to make it happen any sooner. Once again now... why?

Guest johny_pg1

CM M3 release was only a couple weeks back. No ETA will be given, so not really any point in asking. If KonstaT updates this rom it'll be with good reason. But asking for it 'just because' isnt going to make it happen any sooner. Once again now... why?

Once again,we were also talking about compiling other rom's not just cm11.

Guest Moldova

common, YOU can do it!

we believe in YOU

read second post in this topic

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Once again,we were also talking about compiling other rom's not just cm11.

Not that it's a bad idea: Just that it's off topic ;)

It does deserve a thread all of its own, because let's be honest: KonstaT will only have so much stomach for this phone now (bigger & better things, and good on him). So it may be a good idea that those willing or wishing to be developers for this phone have their own thread.

common, YOU can do it!

we believe in YOU

read second post in this topic

:D If you knew what was involved, you'd really not say that. Especially to someone who just said:

Well i can volunteer to compile but i have no idea what to do. My internet is fast and my pc isn't bad at all. The only problem is as I said i have no knowledge in this area. (emphasis added -MJ)

Because it needs advanced knowledge in C++, Java, XML and not bothered about staring at pages of code in order to debug. I'm one of the one's wishing to learn. But this is what it's going to take. CyanogenMod wiki will give you good ideas...

CM Building

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest MJonMoDaCo

you miss school lessons for spamming forum threads ?

I`m sorry to admit, but I thing he is twice better person than you

Perhaps you should take a look at what you're saying and asking of people. You're expecting a lot. But if you bothered to read the thread, you'd find the answer to ALL your questions. Personally, I couldnt care less what you think of me. The feeling could be mutual, but that doesn't matter here.

Guest KonstaT

4.4.2 miui  possible? 

Such thing doesn't even exist anywhere - big and definite NO.

I have instal this way KitKat 4.4.2 and now i got problems with my keyboard, its say AOSP has stopped... what i need to do?

At last, can i get back my 4.0.4 somehow if this can not be fixed?

Can't fix something that's not broken. You have gapps from the wrong Android version. Install packages from the first post following instructions in the third post.

Because the drainage of battery is insane 60-70% on standby(my results),

There are no moded roms,themed roms,nothing dude,just pure cyanogenmod.

Figure it out what's causing the problem for you (use e.g. BetterBatteryStats). It's most likely some misbehaving app you've installed yourself. My Blade III currently does 12-17 days per charge on 2G standby and random use as a mp3 player. There's no known issues with battery drain.

CM M3 release was only a couple weeks back. No ETA will be given, so not really any point in asking. If KonstaT updates this rom it'll be with good reason. But asking for it 'just because' isnt going to make it happen any sooner. Once again now... why?

M-builds are nightlies that are called monthlies. :P You can't report issues on nightlies to CM bug tracker unlike M-builds, that's the only difference.

These builds are completely unofficial and unsupported by the CM team. There's no nightlies, M-builds, release candidates or stable builds. All you have is unofficial, experimental, snapshot builds of given days code base.

Guest KonstaT

4.3. changelog:
  • sync with upstream

xD ty :D

I might have jumped the gun. Upload to dev-host fails silently, already tried to upload it twice. It's already past my bed time anyway. Maybe tomorrow...

Guest plantroon

I might have jumped the gun. Upload to dev-host fails silently, already tried to upload it twice. It's already past my bed time anyway. Maybe tomorrow...

Same here, past my bed time :( I've been trying to compile this stuff for over a week without much success :( Connection timing out and so on ... The world needs better internet :D

Why don't you use dropbox / mega or something ? 

Guest KonstaT

Same here, past my bed time :( I've been trying to compile this stuff for over a week without much success :( Connection timing out and so on ... The world needs better internet :D

Why don't you use dropbox / mega or something ? 

Because my dropbox account would get suspended within hours because of the traffic this generates. Google drive doesn't have any kind of linux support. Neither of the two tracks download statistics either and it's pretty much the only fun I still get from doing this. Mega doesn't work at all on my system (chromium browser/linux) and I already lost all my files once for forever when megaupload went down.

I tried to upload it again to d-h.st this morning. This time from an another computer with different OS and different browser. Upload still silently fails at 100% so it must be something in their end. Looks like have to look into file hosting service options (again, for how many times).

Guest KonstaT
Test build. First build in over a month and completely untested in daily use. At least data indicator arrows on notification icons seem to have gotten broken but all major things should work according to the OP.

cm-11-20140304-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:24d424e62e3ebf083f212597a61dd9cd

-sync with upstream

Guest taurus84

Thanks KonstaT for new build. I'll try it. I have one question. What do you think about Omnirom? I didn't even know that you made a version based on Android 4.3. Maybe one day 4.4.2?

Guest Something Wierd

can you share a screenshot please?

Why?There are no changes that affect the system ui.

A question from me.Is there any whey to force an app to use software decoding instead of hardware decoding?