[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
@everyone
Does Viber, and other VoIP apps, work?

So by now this ROM is dead for ZTE Blade 3?

BTW just updateing from old verison of your ROM to new is just dirtly flash like OmniROM or i must flash both gapps and rom whit wipeing cache and dalvik cache?

All I said was that everything is exactly the same as it has always been. :o There was an update two days ago. Nothing's enough for you guys?

Like it's already been repeated to death, you don't need to wipe anything updating from previously builds of the same ROM (unless specifically told to). I have a 'no wipe, no whine' policy when reporting issues though. It means that you need to be able to reproduce your issue on a clean install.

I found a small issue with the last update (dont know if it was in the one before this one,i didnt tried that one).After i made a full wipe (some apps ware misbehaving) i couldnt add new APN's,or to be more precise,i couldnt save them.

I managed to add them by flashing an older version of this rom (2 versions before this one,full wipe),insert the needed APN's and then upgrade.Everything else worked fine after that.Also love what they did with the launcher.Tnx for the update konstat.GJ

Also is there any way to force apps to use software decoding when playing videos?

Yeah, there was quite an extensive merge for multi-SIM features just before the last two builds. There's regression all over the place. I've heard of the APN issue on other devices as well and the wifi icon data indicator arrow thing is a common problem too.

Why would you need to force software decoding?

Guest Something Wierd

Yeah, there was quite an extensive merge for multi-SIM features just before the last two builds. There's regression all over the place. I've heard of the APN issue on other devices as well and the wifi icon data indicator arrow thing is a common problem too.

Why would you need to force software decoding?

Found that some videos won't play on mxplayer unless you change to sw decoding and wondered if the same thing will fix the issue with other apps like twitchtv.

Guest KonstaT

Found that some videos won't play on mxplayer unless you change to sw decoding and wondered if the same thing will fix the issue with other apps like twitchtv.

MX and other proper video players have built in software decoders. How could a random app force to a non-existing software decoder?

Guest Something Wierd

MX and other proper video players have built in software decoders. How could a random app force to a non-existing software decoder?

I clearly dont understand how decoders work :P

Sry about that.

Guest taurus84

KonstaT if you can answer me how you fixed the problem with the camera in CM11? I mean on problem with green tint. I thought this can not be resolved. Really love your work, especially CM11 but in this moment is not for daily use so I use CM10.1. I'd really like if you could point me how to handle this in CM10.1 or CM10.2. Or if you can to create some patch for this. I know there are many camera apps, but I'd like to run the original one if possible. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Guest plantroon

I can't reproduce any of the wifi/GSM issues which I described before when using my other google account. However, when I wipe data/cache and used my main Google Account, all the issues are back .... WTF ? android is bullshit xDD

Edited by plantroon

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi KonstaT. This is my report after two days of use (build 10.3.)

1. Unfortunately soft reboot again.

2. Wi-Fi problem is still here. I wrote already about this problem. (After factory reset if don't select immediately wi-fi network and you turn off wi-fi, after that you can not turn on wi-fi again. It stuck on wi-fi on and then no wifi networks. You must restart phone and then you can choose wi-fi. Also, It happens to me sometimes that it hangs when I want to turn it on. Freezes and does not have any network. I can't even turn it off. I have to reset the phone and only then I can choose a network or turn it off wi-fi.) I'm not the only one with this problem.

3. I found something very strange. Example: Settings/Language & input/Android keyboard settings(AOSP)/Import dictionary file and then press ok on popup window, back button and when you want to press again back or menu button you can not do that. I hope I explained well.

4. Notification led light behaves sometimes weird. I set to normal / normal but light is sometimes slow, sometimes accelerated, sometimes always shine. Also, the light option has no test button like before.

5. As you mention the data arrows don't work especially wifi.

I hope that the report will be of some use.

I think you'll find the majority of your problems will vanish if you flash your original recovery and ROM first, and then flash CWM followed by CM11. I did that, and no reboots, no bad WiFi, no glitches, or bugs of any sort (aside from your green camera tint, which doesn't actually affect the real picture). The LED light has a limited ability to do anything other than what it's designed for. That's a device specific problem. IIRC its because the Blade 3 doesn't have the full capabilities that some other phones can (like changing the LED colour etc). Your problem in #3 is just plain weird though. Tried the Home button? There's more than one way to... never mind. 

I can't reproduce any of the wifi/GSM issues which I described before when using my other google account. However, when I wipe data/cache and used my main Google Account, all the issues are back .... WTF ? android is bullshit xDD

Sounds like you've got a borked Google Account. What fun :)

Those guys are so cool for messing with such crap lol.... Anyways, it's better than Android xDD

Get the Windows Phone then :D

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest aleksandar069

I have to say that I have a Nokia Lumia 620, and I have to say that the poor, especially the model. I have the white version. When I bought it after 2 months the cover started to fade. It looks like it is not cleaned for 5 years. Her camera is also very, very desperate. In terms of the images are not sharp, especially when the flash is turned on. So you can say that when I compared the Blade 3, Nokia Lumia 620 and Blade G, I'd take a Blade.... Blade G, because it has a flash, front camera and has a better battery life. I'm looking forward to my e batteries that I ordered with ALIEXPRESS. They should really have a 2400 mAh.

Guest taurus84

I think you'll find the majority of your problems will vanish if you flash your original recovery and ROM first, and then flash CWM followed by CM11. I did that, and no reboots, no bad WiFi, no glitches, or bugs of any sort (aside from your green camera tint, which doesn't actually affect the real picture). The LED light has a limited ability to do anything other than what it's designed for. That's a device specific problem. IIRC its because the Blade 3 doesn't have the full capabilities that some other phones can (like changing the LED colour etc). Your problem in #3 is just plain weird though. Tried the Home button? There's more than one way to... never mind. 

No, all the problems I had after full system format and wipe data, cache and dalvik. Yes I also tried this what you suggested me. The problem with wifi I have from the first build and I am not only, as I said. Also the soft reboot. Bug #3, did you try. Is not important but this is a bug. Yes genius I tried with home button but this is not a point. I know for LED light limitation. I even left the basic settings without changes but again sometimes behave strangely. Who is mentioned problem with camera in CM11? Camera work perfectly. Read carefully what I write.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Who is mentioned problem with camera in CM11? Camera work perfectly. Read carefully what I write.

If you search the forum, you'd find your question was asked and answered already. Besides, I don't think he saw your post. I doubt you flashed your original rom. I am NOT talking about wiping caches. I'm talking flashing your original rom for your country and carrier (phone company). Then you can flash device specific drivers and partitions to your phone. Your version of clean install and mine are different here. Difference? Mine isn't having the problems that yours is. Be sure its the ROM with the problem, first.

Guest Edgaar

Hello!

Thank you KonstaT for your work! The ROM works very fine.

Sometimes android.procces.media errors appear, I'll buy a new sdcard soon and check whether it has anything to do with the possible bad blocks on my current sdcard.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT. This is my report after two days of use (build 10.3.)

1. Unfortunately soft reboot again.

2. Wi-Fi problem is still here. I wrote already about this problem. (After factory reset if don't select immediately wi-fi network and you turn off wi-fi, after that you can not turn on wi-fi again. It stuck on wi-fi on and then no wifi networks. You must restart phone and then you can choose wi-fi. Also, It happens to me sometimes that it hangs when I want to turn it on. Freezes and does not have any network. I can't even turn it off. I have to reset the phone and only then I can choose a network or turn it off wi-fi.) I'm not the only one with this problem.

3. I found something very strange. Example: Settings/Language & input/Android keyboard settings(AOSP)/Import dictionary file and then press ok on popup window, back button and when you want to press again back or menu button you can not do that. I hope I explained well.

4. Notification led light behaves sometimes weird. I set to normal / normal but light is sometimes slow, sometimes accelerated, sometimes always shine. Also, the light option has no test button like before.

5. As you mention the data arrows don't work especially wifi.

I hope that the report will be of some use.

1. Feel free to fix it. It's all open source.

2. That sounds terrible and I can't imagine what you must have gone through because of this issue. You must wipe your device once a day and never reboot it for this to bother you. Just reboot the fricking device them!

3. Not a device specific issues. Buy a device that has official CM support. Install latest M/stable build and reproduce the issue. Go to CyanogenMod bug tracker to whine about it.

4. You're not even supposed to able to change notification LED blink speeds, etc. There's no intelligent way to hide the non-working options so they're still there because some work.

5. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/61147/

KonstaT if you can answer me how you fixed the problem with the camera in CM11? I mean on problem with green tint. I thought this can not be resolved. Really love your work, especially CM11 but in this moment is not for daily use so I use CM10.1. I'd really like if you could point me how to handle this in CM10.1 or CM10.2. Or if you can to create some patch for this. I know there are many camera apps, but I'd like to run the original one if possible. Thank you in advance for your answer.

I did nothing to fix camera in CM11 just like I've done nothing to break it in previous versions. It's just how it is. Just that the camera preview has a green tint for a split second is hardly an issue.

Looking forward to hearing next why CM10.1 is unusable for you in daily use... :P

Try with a new Google account :D it worked for me... weird, isn't it ?

You can't restore wifi settings/passwords from your Google account. Afaik it's nothing but a copy of /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. The way wifi was managed e.g. in ZTE stock ROM is beyond any standards and using configs from that can easily cause issues. Restoring any system data doesn't comply with 'no wipe, no whine' policy.

Isn't it enough that Google already knows location of every wifi network in the world (from driving around with Maps cars). Do they need to know passwords to each of those networks as well? We already know what happened with open networks...

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT u just prooved that Google sucks :D

No, they just happen to gather a lot of personal information because most people are ignorant/lazy/don't care. They're nothing much but an ad selling company and that surely helps. Like said, there's no free lunches. If you have a great service that you're not paying for, there must be some other way it's being monetized. These days it usually means that you're the product yourself. ;)

I still believe they're not evil though. One of the better companies in this business actually.

Guest taurus84

Ok KonstaT. I was just trying to help you to improve this fantastic ROM but obviously you don't need any help. Everything is clear to me in your answers full of cynicism. I will not bother you anymore.

Guest nono99

Thank you KonstaT for an excellent 10.3 release.

{begin rant

zRAM swap is enabled per default, settings for pool size, compression ratio and option to disable swap on ZRAM, was removed? Default on setting is possibly (probably not) a good idea on newer multicore phones with faster CPU's but they also tend to have more RAM so its not really needed. Personally i cannot stand having zRAM swap enabled causing horrible bad responsivness and hogging the CPU@1190mhz and bus hogging during compression/decompression depending on the size of page to compress and move. Decreasing responsivness and causing increased latency in GUI sometimes making input and interface interaction really bad.

I simply wrote a init file to disable it, not a big problem and im certain there are plenty of apps out there for disabling or configuring size of pool, compression ratio thresholds or disabling it. but yeah, i rather have my 67MB uncompressed ram and use less bloated apps rather than compress RAM that i do not have. The Blade III was never a performer that was responsive or had low latency but with ZRAM and google now enabled it's on the verge of unusable, its like trying to play Metro: Last Light or BF4 on a 10 year old laptop with IGP, its futile. All things must die and i hope my blade will RIP in the e-waste container at the local dump.

end}

ont:

i had one problem with this and the previous build. It has probably something to do with the proximity sensor, scaling ringtone, auto brightness or cLOCK lockscreen widget. It happends when i get incoming calls, screen stays black atleast 5-10 sec, pressing the power button lights it up and mutes the ringtone so it was still usable.

I appreciate the time and work you laid down on both the Blade I and III. Swedish Snow and Aurora Borealis are some of your best ROM's, clean debloated, with small ui tweaks on stable stock base with OC kernel i like  :)

Edited by nono99

Guest plantroon

Please help, what the hell is this???? :o

A zebra ... and a gfx artifact xD on Windows, you get it when your graphics card dies, on Linux / Android / other s*** you gotta be ready for it :D

jk ... it's the result of poor ZTE support ... believe me, even worse things happened to youtube videos on stock ROM

EDIT: wait ... what ROM is that screenshot from ?

Edited by plantroon