[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

{begin rant

zRAM swap is enabled per default, settings for pool size, compression ratio and option to disable swap on ZRAM, was removed? Default on setting is possibly (probably not) a good idea on newer multicore phones with faster CPU's but they also tend to have more RAM so its not really needed. Personally i cannot stand having zRAM swap enabled causing horrible bad responsivness and hogging the CPU@1190mhz and bus hogging during compression/decompression depending on the size of page to compress and move. Decreasing responsivness and causing increased latency in GUI sometimes making input and interface interaction really bad.

I simply wrote a init file to disable it, not a big problem and im certain there are plenty of apps out there for disabling or configuring size of pool, compression ratio thresholds or disabling it. but yeah, i rather have my 67MB uncompressed ram and use less bloated apps rather than compress RAM that i do not have. The Blade III was never a performer that was responsive or had low latency but with ZRAM and google now enabled it's on the verge of unusable, its like trying to play Metro: Last Light or BF4 on a 10 year old laptop with IGP, its futile. All things must die and i hope my blade will RIP in the e-waste container at the local dump.

end}

Actually I'm just following the Google reference for low RAM devices. Also 64MB (~16% of total available RAM) is quite conservative. Previous zRAM settings were removed from CM11 so there would be no other correct/easy way to enable it.

Ok KonstaT. I was just trying to help you to improve this fantastic ROM but obviously you don't need any help. Everything is clear to me in your answers full of cynicism. I will not bother you anymore.

All I've done is port CM to this device. I'm not responsible for any of the CyaongenMod features or upstream issues. All hardware features (as listed in the op) should work as well as it is possible with the limitations we have (3.0 kernel + PMEM, on EOL'ed hardware that should never run anything above Android 4.1). Considering that I haven't even used this device for anything in quite a while, I think I've already done more than plenty.

And guess what happens when I actually need help with something and ask?

@everyone
Does Viber, and other VoIP apps, work?

Guest FollowWings

Thank you KonstaT!!! :) Works Like a charm!! :) Its so amaizing, you Really created a stable release of 4.4.2 CM 11!! :) Hurray!! :)
No restart at all, no bug, speedy like Gonzales :D :)
Thank you Bro!! :)
Wish you happy, peacefull and successful day! :)

Guest plantroon

KonstaT ur question about VoIP - I'm using Google hangouts and everytime the microphone stops working after an hour of calling with my frnd - forcestopping the app and reopening it fixes it. Also, it crashes (stopped working message) very rarely, it only happened once.. but that's Google's buggy OS fault or mine (cos I use Google backup thingy) :D

Edited by plantroon

Guest FollowWings

Is it a way, to reenable two way call recording (kernel)?? Cause, with your CM9 and CM10 builds I Could use, but with this CM11 somehow I Couldnt.. I Mean Callrecorder app by skvalex

I think something changed in this rom (CM11)..

The app itself working, show its recording, but after the call, there isn't any file of the call at the memory card.. It should to be under the folder of "Voix" (Callrecorder's main folder), but it doesnt save the call..
I wanna use the call recorder to save conversations with my girlfriend, just for remembrance, for relic.. :)

Edited by FollowWings

Guest KonstaT

Is it a way, to reenable two way call recording (kernel)?? Cause, with your CM9 and CM10 builds I Could use, but with this CM11 somehow I Couldnt.. I Mean Callrecorder app by skvalex

I think something changed in this rom (CM11)..

The app itself working, show its recording, but after the call, there isn't any file of the call at the memory card.. It should to be under the folder of "Voix" (Callrecorder's main folder), but it doesnt save the call..

I wanna use the call recorder to save conversations with my girlfriend, just for remembrance, for relic.. :)

I doubt that's never worked. Kernel never had support for it.

Guest ZteLegend

KonstaT will you please ignore these idiots? You did an awesome job. I've been using this ROM since you posted it, I happen to have a soft reboot once in 2 months and that's all. Everything is fast and smooth. I'd really like you to keep it up, you're a great developer. I'd really wish I could develop...

Edited by ZteLegend

Guest aleksandar069

Here's a (CWM flashable) patch for the FM audio routing to speakerphone. Could someone confirm that it works? I'd be also still interested in knowing if Viber works?

with latest version viber is working fine, without problem... Also hangouts. Evetything is working great

Guest bequite

First I want to say all the best for you and your roms. Fantastic job. CM11, pure perfection. My phone is flying. I just have one question. I noticed in all your roms (CM10,10.1,10.2 and11) little problem with LED notification light. When I turn off the sound (I must because of work), for example, when I arrived the message, the LED notification light flashes like crazy for about 5-10 seconds and then start working normally. This sometimes takes until I read the message. I know that the settings for the LED lights have no effect, other than color changes to green, orange or red light. My question is this driver or cm problem? Is there any way to fix this? In Aurora works perfectly, in MIUI don't work at all I don't know why. Please do not be mad if it's a stupid question. I see you've already got a bunch of similar questions. And I'm sorry to my not perfect English. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Guest aleksandar069

with latest version viber is working fine, without problem... Also hangouts. Evetything is working great

Also working fix for radio... TNX!

Guest KonstaT

First I want to say all the best for you and your roms. Fantastic job. CM11, pure perfection. My phone is flying. I just have one question. I noticed in all your roms (CM10,10.1,10.2 and11) little problem with LED notification light. When I turn off the sound (I must because of work), for example, when I arrived the message, the LED notification light flashes like crazy for about 5-10 seconds and then start working normally. This sometimes takes until I read the message. I know that the settings for the LED lights have no effect, other than color changes to green, orange or red light. My question is this driver or cm problem? Is there any way to fix this? In Aurora works perfectly, in MIUI don't work at all I don't know why. Please do not be mad if it's a stupid question. I see you've already got a bunch of similar questions. And I'm sorry to my not perfect English. Thank you in advance for your reply.

I have never experienced any issues with notification LEDs in CM10/10.1/10.2/11. LED blinks at different speeds whether your device is in deep sleep mode (slower, once in few seconds) or awake (faster, once a second). That's expected behavior.

Guest bequite

Awake? When phone is awake for me LED didn't shine at all. I thought it was normal in CM. Deep sleep, start with LED light shine all time about 5 seconds (don't blink at all, just shine) and then blink once in few second or when is sound is off blink like crazy 5-10 seconds and then blink once in few secons. What's going on with my LED? In stock rom and aurora LED working perfect. Awake and deep sleep. Do you have any advice for me? How to solve this problem? I would be very grateful.

Guest KonstaT

Awake? When phone is awake for me LED didn't shine at all. I thought it was normal in CM. Deep sleep, start with LED light shine all time about 5 seconds (don't blink at all, just shine) and then blink once in few second or when is sound is off blink like crazy 5-10 seconds and then blink once in few secons. What's going on with my LED? In stock rom and aurora LED working perfect. Awake and deep sleep. Do you have any advice for me? How to solve this problem? I would be very grateful.

LED doesn't notify again if you've dismissed the notification (=unlock screen after receiving the message). Your device can be awake while screen is off and it can wake from deep sleep from time to time without you doing anything yourself (some app waking your device or keeping a wakelock).

I still don't think there's any issue you need help with.

Guest bequite

I know that the LED doesn't notify me again if I dismiss the notification. It's the same thing in stock rom. But I don't have LED blink at all when my device is awake (I have blink LED in stock rom and aurora when phone is awake) and I have this strange behavior which I have already described. This behavior I have on clean rom, without any installed applications.

Guest KonstaT

I know that the LED doesn't notify me again if I dismiss the notification. It's the same thing in stock rom. But I don't have LED blink at all when my device is awake (I have blink LED in stock rom and aurora when phone is awake) and I have this strange behavior which I have already described. This behavior I have on clean rom, without any installed applications.

I don't think you understand what awake means here, it mean everything else except deep sleep (nothing to do with display being on). Also there's no LED notification if it can be considered that you've already seen the message with your own eyes (display on when receiving notification, unlocking screen after receiving notification).

What you've described so far is expected behavior. You receive a message, so your device must always be awake when this happens, and the LED flashes faster. After some time device goes back into deep sleep mode and LED starts to flash slower. What's the problem with that?

Guest bequite
I will try once more time to explain.
Stock rom and aurora: LED blink when screen is on (once in a second). LED blink when screen is off (once in few seconds). Also when sound is off LED light blink normal. All this without strange behavior such as rapid blinking (few blink in a second) or all time light few second.
CM all versions: LED doesn't blink when screen is on. When screen is off, LED light is always on, without blink, about few second and then start blink once in few seconds. When screen is off and sound is off (mute), LED light start blink like crazy (few blink in a second), and after 5-10 seconds start blink normal, once in few seconds. Very strange, what is the difference between when sound is mute or not and how it can affect to LED light? It's not strange to you?
Sorry to bother you but this is driving me crazy.
Edited by bequite

Guest hbogdanov

TY for rom, but i have problem with battery drain... I think i found the problem source... One day with no mobile data, average phone use, no wifi.. The problem is i think wifi still up, but disabled...

Did u see it?

Disable "Scanning always available" option (Settings->Wi-Fi->Advanced).

When this option is enabled, Wi-Fi consumes power even when OFF.

Edited by hbogdanov

Guest plantroon

@KonstaT, do you use Google Apps or anything by Google ? :D

I kinda eliminated the battery drain, wifi problems and GSM signal problems (didn't connect to the operator or wat, I had to go to settings and do it manually if I wanted to make a phone and then again it went off when I moved from the town to the village - changing HSDPA to EDGE - I don't really understand mobile/internet stuff just saying ... I usually don't use mobile data and I Have it off)

KonstaT: "You can't restore wifi settings/passwords from your Google account. Afaik it's nothing but a copy of /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. The way wifi was managed e.g. in ZTE stock ROM is beyond any standards and using configs from that can easily cause issues. Restoring any system data doesn't comply with 'no wipe, no whine' policy."

So this was basically it ... thank you vm, but why couldn't u tell that sooner ? and why the fck is wpa_supplicant.conf in some random location instead of /etc like it's on most Linux systems ? (in next version of Android, GOogle will move it to /shyet/peanus/unofindme/wpa_supplicant.conf)

Also, it's impossible to remove those backups from Google, I just need to have the Restore option unchecked ... IDK Google just won't ever remove the data ...I tried 100 times with no success of deleting the data by resyncing the accounts and doing other stuff ....  :(

Now my phone is clean and everything works ... Srsly that fcking Google's restore option was the only problem / cause of everything

Guest KonstaT

I will try once more time to explain.

Stock rom and aurora: LED blink when screen is on (once in a second). LED blink when screen is off (once in few seconds). Also when sound is off LED light blink normal. All this without strange behavior such as rapid blinking (few blink in a second) or all time light few second.
CM all versions: LED doesn't blink when screen is on. When screen is off, LED light is always on, without blink, about few second and then start blink once in few seconds. When screen is off and sound is off (mute), LED light start blink like crazy (few blink in a second), and after 5-10 seconds start blink normal, once in few seconds. Very strange, what is the difference between when sound is mute or not and how it can affect to LED light? It's not strange to you?
Sorry to bother you but this is driving me crazy.

Behavior is not the same in all CM versions because iirc it was changed a while back (cm10.2 and above maybe). If there is other visual confirmation (screen on) that you've received a notification, there is no need for LED notification.

I tested the current behavior myself (with sound on/off) and I can't find absolutely nothing to fix. Who would even care if the LED flashes in all rainbow colors for couple of seconds after you've been notified. So basically you're saying that the behavior in this 1-3 second time frame is driving you grazy? And you still wonder why I get bothered when users waste my time nitpicking about the strangest things...

@KonstaT, do you use Google Apps or anything by Google ? :D

KonstaT: "You can't restore wifi settings/passwords from your Google account. Afaik it's nothing but a copy of /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf. The way wifi was managed e.g. in ZTE stock ROM is beyond any standards and using configs from that can easily cause issues. Restoring any system data doesn't comply with 'no wipe, no whine' policy."

So this was basically it ... thank you vm, but why couldn't u tell that sooner ?

Yes, gapps from the first post and syncing three google accounts.

I've known it for ages and it's also been posted to these threads few times already. It is common knowledge that you can't restore system data or you'll break things.

Guest bequite

Driving me crazy, hard words, it's more irritating. I checked it on my friend phone, same thing in CM11, believe it or not. But never mind. Forget it. I am a perfectionist. :) I thought there was something I could try, but I don't want to bother. Just suggestion, change notification light color to green by default (00ff00), of course if it possible to change. Thanks for your time and all your roms. I wish you all the best in the future projects. And of course I hope you will find some free time for a new build. ;)

Edited by bequite

Guest KonstaT

And of course I hope you will find some free time for a new build. ;)

I can upload the one I did today. I forgot to revert one local VoIP commit, so I don't know if it's better or worse now (though I wasn't sure what the current status was anyway).

cm-11-20140320-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:7c7a4f55d5c5e35e4df200bd974cf307

-fixed fm audio routing to speakerphone
-got rid off legacy mmparser by using libExtendedExtractor instead
-might have done something to VoIP :P
-fixed wifi data indicator arrows (merged)
-dialer lookup (merged)

Guest bequite

I can upload the one I did today. I forgot to revert one local VoIP commit, so I don't know if it's better or worse now (though I wasn't sure what the current status was anyway).

cm-11-20140320-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:7c7a4f55d5c5e35e4df200bd974cf307

-fixed fm audio routing to speakerphone
-got rid off legacy mmparser by using libExtendedExtractor instead
-might have done something to VoIP :P
-fixed wifi data indicator arrows (merged)
-dialer lookup (merged)

You are truly a good man. You really deserve all the best in life because you have done that we who do not have the opportunity for a better phone use at least a fraction of the new features. Thank you for that. ;)

Guest razjaren
Last night I installed this rom (do not use into the blade 3 more for everyday use .. now using xperia t.., but I like to try your rom), runs smoothly, camera, calls, FM radio, Viber, doing great ... I do not play games so I can not comment 
thanks for the rom KonstaT