[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MrWESS

I feel like I broke VoIP :D:D The phone reboots upon starting a call in Hangouts. Skype works fine though. Can any1 test Viber and other VoIP services? (I have no contacts to call on there :( )

Viber works, and you say skype works. Maybe hangouts doesn't work is because the only call to make is video call?

Guest plantroon

Viber works, and you say skype works. Maybe hangouts doesn't work is because the only call to make is video call?

And bcos Google sux and so does android and I hate linux and my Windows just crashed so Im switching to BSD XDDDDDDDD

Btw I think I'll start building CM11 Milestone 6 soon ... I just need to get some things done and then I can repo sync and do that stuff xD

Edited by plantroon

Guest plantroon

What's the difference between clean install and installing over existing CM11 rom? I'm kinda new to this entire thing so....

Clean install - you wipe everything from CWM / TWRP (cache,data,system)

Usually it's enough to wipe system. That way you get your apps "upgraded"

Installing over existing CM11 ROM is ok - for me it worked ...

Guest PandaDNB

By the way I started using Google Now Launcher with this ROM and i can say it's amazing. If you don't know it, try it out.

Guest plantroon

NEW rom including gapps?

Build it xD

You can always download latest gapps (just type "gapps" in Google searh lmfao) but make sure it has the version number of Android you are using 4.4.2

Guest MrWESS

Does anyone else has a problem with Apollo crashing after reaching the last song, after which it should return to firs song in Songs tab. After that i can't play song from songs tab without apollo crashing.

Guest KonstaT

Probably not the greatest issue on earth but I still wanted to report this. On a fresh install - if you go to Language and Input and then keyboard settings - import dictionary file = Unfortunately, AOSP has stopped. Apollo crashes as well. But I'll try to post a logcat later on.

Tested it with a clean install and keyboard doesn't crash (that force close doesn't even show in your log). Do you have a dictionary you want to import in your sdcard's Download directory?

When the new update?

to KonstaT

when the new update from 4.4.2 rom?

When the new update?

Why don't you do something yourself for a change? There's instructions in the third post and you can make yourself a build as often as you want!

I don't use this device for anything anymore. It would be different if I was just sharing something I'm doing for myself. How much do you usually work for free? Does the 10€ I've received all this year sound like a fair compensation to you especially when I only get mostly sh*t for doing this in the first place?

I still can't get it why CM10 is so smoother than cm10.1, cm10.2 and cm11 ...

I still can't get how people can't understand after it's been explained twenty times already.

This hardware (Qualcomm msm7x27a) is not supposed to run anything above Android 4.1. This device (ZTE Blade III) is not supposed to run anything above Android 4.0 because ZTE never even released a Jelly Bean stock ROM.

Hacks, terrible hacks, more hacks...

@KonstaT If u stop by what is in here? https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40/tree/ics_chocolate_rb4.2 cos it looks like something useful... or ? :D

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360986-devrom94-firefox-os-b2g/?p=2205314

I need to use Swap, but the current kernel does not allow it. Could you add support for Swap to the kernel?

Kernel already supports swap.

KonstaT doesn't really care about shitty Blade 3 anymore... it's time consuming to build a ROM (it took me tens of hours)

Lol, it shouldn't take more than an hour to do a build. Your mileage may vary but any sane person wouldn't even try building in a virtual machine...

It's taken some few hundred hours of work to get to where this platform is today though.

Guest KonstaT
New build. Just keeping up with upstream and mostly untested. CM11 has now built-in FFmpeg so there's a lot more media support than before. Unfortunately this hardware lacks the power to do any heavy software decoding. WMA audio decoding seems to be broken now as it worked previously.

cm-11-20140508-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:2a5b161f5278a0e03a35973108fbfb1f

-new CAF based lights HAL
-enable FFmpeg codecs (merged)

Guest plantroon

Lol, it shouldn't take more than an hour to do a build. Your mileage may vary but any sane person wouldn't even try building in a virtual machine...

It's taken some few hundred hours of work to get to where this platform is today though.

Athlon BE 2350 2.1 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, connection speed: 50kB/s (over a day of downloading)- trust me, I have problems even running a web browser nowadays, building a ROM takes hours on this ... I just didn't wanna use Linux directly on my PC and I only have 1 HDD

Guest Riddermark
Tested it with a clean install and keyboard doesn't crash (that force close doesn't even show in your log). Do you have a dictionary you want to import in your sdcard's Download directory?

@KonstaT - Yeah, my bad it seems that the issue was because my SD card wasnt mounted. I couldn't replicate any of the errors after that. 

The log I posted didnt have anything to do with this though. I was just testing if I set up Logcat through adb right so I can try to get the elusive media.process error. Which I have to admit I haven't encountered yet. I'll be flashing your newest version soon and see how it behaves.

Thanks for your efforts!

Guest daliborhes

Here is the deal. I think my phone is bricked with the newest build. Did the clean install as always. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, formated system and installed the 08.05. version. The phone booted up ok and worked fine for about 10min. As usual. i tried to restore my apps with Titanium backup and in the middle of the job the phone turned off and didn't turn on any more. Well, it did once into the CWM. Then I tried to wipe everything again so i could restore previous backup of the system. Did that but when i pressed reboot now it went down again and that's it. The phone went officialy dead. Doesn't want to turn on any more. PC doesn't recognize it. Only thing that I noticed and that is different from the previous installations is when I tried to do anything in CWM the last time an "error" occured "E: can't mount /cache/systemlog" or something like that, i didn't remember exactlly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

Hay please can you tell me how to downolad this:  gapps-kk-core-20131217.zip ??? :(

I found this http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps is this ok??

You follow the link and then press download. :o

Some KitKat gapps packages can't be installed with our current recoveries and some of the 'full' gapps packages won't even fit our device's /system partition. Any KitKat gapps should be fine otherwise.

Here is the deal. I think my phone is bricked with the newest build. Did the clean install as always. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, formated system and installed the 08.05. version. The phone booted up ok and worked fine for about 10min. As usual. i tried to restore my apps with Titanium backup and in the middle of the job the phone turned off and didn't turn on any more. Well, it did once into the CWM. Then I tried to wipe everything again so i could restore previous backup of the system. Did that but when i pressed reboot now it went down again and that's it. The phone went officialy dead. Doesn't want to turn on any more. PC doesn't recognize it. Only thing that I noticed and that is different from the previous installations is when I tried to do anything in CWM the last time an "error" occured "E: can't mount /cache/systemlog" or something like that, i didn't remember exactlly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Bricked maybe, nothing to do with the new build though...

If it's completely dead (e.g. fried NAND), you could try returning it under warranty.

KonstaKANG, my zte blade 3 didn't show phone memory when install Android 4.4.2?

WHY?

FAQ, third post!

Hell no! Not even the right device.

Guest daliborhes

I checked the baterry, it's ok, so one thing is ruled out. Maybe it's some hardware issue. My phone went throug a lot. ;) I'll try to return it under warranty with fingers crossed. Thanks anyway.

Guest theshrink89

Dirty flashed it (formated only system) and it's working like a charm! As far as Serbia, it's a bit more translated... :-) And of course, thank you KonstaT for not giving up on us just yet... :-)

Edited by theshrink89

Guest PancirMKD

When I dload the update with Google Chrome it gives me message that the zip file is malicious and can hurt my computer..

Edited by PancirMKD