[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MJonMoDaCo

So guys, is Viber working again? Was the issue resolved?

No, but according to the search function, the last known build that was working was late 2013:

Thank you KonstaT, you're the man. :-D Testing it right now, everything seems to work. Viber, whatsapp, youtube etc. Having trouble with restoring some apps via Titanium backup but that's probably issue with the aplication not rom. Once again, great work and thank you.

(Thanks Daliborhes!) However, the earliest build that's available on this forum is dated March 3rd 2014. If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid we're SOL.

Guest RobbieM

Oh well... I guess I'll stick with the good old 10.1 ROM... Tbh, none of the CM11 builds worked as expected on my device so far... Something always went haywire after various amounts of time... No explanation whatsoever... Meanwhile the 10.1 builds worked flawless from day 1 up to now... KonstaT, thanks for all your effort and I hope you have even more success in the future with other devices! Cheers and all the best for 2015! :-)

Guest rudolfm

I would like to try snoopsnitch (anti snoop app) with this rom(or cm10.1). Has anybody got this app running, or could someone please look if /dev/diag exists. Thank you.

Edited by rudolfm

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Oh well... I guess I'll stick with the good old 10.1 ROM... Tbh, none of the CM11 builds worked as expected on my device so far... Something always went haywire after various amounts of time... No explanation whatsoever... Meanwhile the 10.1 builds worked flawless from day 1 up to now... KonstaT, thanks for all your effort and I hope you have even more success in the future with other devices! Cheers and all the best for 2015! :-)

Yeah, entropy in the ROM is prevalent but that's how stretched its become. I guess I have had the same problems to time and again, so i know what you mean. I may just have to try 10.1 again just to see what I've been missing ;)

I would like to try snoopsnitch (anti snoop app) with this rom(or cm10.1). Has anybody got this app running, or could someone please look if /dev/diag exists. Thank you.

Yes. /dev/diag certainly exists. I can't see it being any different than 10.1 either.

Guest KonstaT

Can i have question? How to use otg on this rom ? i'm trying use StickMount app,but didn't work

Do you have an OTG Y-cable and an outside power source? That's the only thing you'll need.

You don't need any apps. USB storage is mounted automatically and mouses and keyboards work fine too.

Guest joenmies

Thanks to KonstaT for great work. I already have 4.4.2 installed and I'm thinking to upgrade to 4.4.4. What comes to 4.4.2, there was much Finglish language in settings etc menus, I mean some of settings and functions was in English, some of them in Finnish. The question is that, is all such language problems fixed in lates version?

I have a proposal too. It would be very handy to have such topic, where is only (all) versions of builts, so it would be really easy to find the latest version of built from latest reply of that topic.

Guest Le Cosaque

KonstaT, sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering is there a way to install only system settings and trebuchet launcher from your cm11 to your cm10.1? I am asking because I want to set up a custom icon pack, but cm 10.1 doesn't support changing only the icons without the theme, unlike cm11. Thanks in advance and have a nice day ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Thanks to KonstaT for great work. I already have 4.4.2 installed and I'm thinking to upgrade to 4.4.4. What comes to 4.4.2, there was much Finglish language in settings etc menus, I mean some of settings and functions was in English, some of them in Finnish. The question is that, is all such language problems fixed in lates version?

I have a proposal too. It would be very handy to have such topic, where is only (all) versions of builts, so it would be really easy to find the latest version of built from latest reply of that topic.

I wouldn't know because I've never used any of my devices in Finnish. AFAIK Finnish translations should be complete (http://translate.cyanogenmod.org/) so you'll only be missing translations for the very few additional features in my builds.

There already is a such topic - this one! Newest build is the first post and few previous builds and changelogs are listed in the second. If someone is interested in maintaining the device and making newer builds they can open another thread.

KonstaT, sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering is there a way to install only system settings and trebuchet launcher from your cm11 to your cm10.1? I am asking because I want to set up a custom icon pack, but cm 10.1 doesn't support changing only the icons without the theme, unlike cm11. Thanks in advance and have a nice day ^_^

Don't all modern launchers (i.e. Nova, Apex) support icon packs? Why don't you just a third party launcher, they're much more versatile than Trebuchet anyway...

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I use 4.4.4 phone is not sim free. How to unlock?

Need to take to shop (of sim card provider) and get them to unlock. Can't say how much that could be, but not much ($US30 or so).

Depending on the provider, it may be free after proof of owning the phone for a certain period of time, but you may need the original receipt for that.

In any case, that's nothing to do with Cyanogenmod, I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest PredragM

Hello everyone. When I installed 4.4.4 on my blade 3, I had some troubles:

1. Sometimes my screen doesn't want show up when I press the power button. It only shows the black screen and I have to reboot my phone or wait for 5-10min.

2. Sometimes phone starts to reboot on his own and it doesn't want to stop untill I pull out the battery.

So, can anyone help and tell me what should I do to solve this? :)

Guest CyberTechSRB

konsta what is problem to port lollipop to this device? i see your port CM12 to KIS 3 which have very simmilar specs,Dual core,adreno 200 GPU etc.... so what is problem with Blade 3? i know you sell this device but can make som e inital ports for this device.

Guest KonstaT

konsta what is problem to port lollipop to this device? i see your port CM12 to KIS 3 which have very simmilar specs,Dual core,adreno 200 GPU etc.... so what is problem with Blade 3? i know you sell this device but can make som e inital ports for this device.

Same problem as with any of the recent Android versions. Qualcomm has EOL'ed msm7x27a platform after Jelly Bean 4.1 and ZTE didn't ever bother to take this device that far and left it with ICS (with 3.0 kernel and PMEM blobs). msm7x27a has been dead and buried for years.

Open C / Kis 3 is in no way similar to this device (and it has Adreno 302 GPU BTW). msm8610 is a modern budget platform and it's only comparable to its 'bigger siblings' in Qualcomm B-family devices (msm8610, msm8226, msm8974). There's even msm8610 devices with official Lollipop...

You're dreaming if you expect anyone to work on hardware that they don't have. It just doesn't happen.

Guest PredragM

KonstaT, can u please respond to my previous question? Again, why doesn't my screen want to show up when i press the power button? It shows only black screen and i have to reboot my zte. It doesn't happen often but still, it's a serious problem. :) :/

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, can u please respond to my previous question? Again, why doesn't my screen want to show up when i press the power button? It shows only black screen and i have to reboot my zte. It doesn't happen often but still, it's a serious problem. :) :/

a.) I never had such issue on my device and haven't seen any reports about such issues either.

b.) What do you expect me to do about it?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hello everyone. When I installed 4.4.4 on my blade 3, I had some troubles:

1. Sometimes my screen doesn't want show up when I press the power button. It only shows the black screen and I have to reboot my phone or wait for 5-10min.

2. Sometimes phone starts to reboot on his own and it doesn't want to stop untill I pull out the battery.

So, can anyone help and tell me what should I do to solve this? :)

1) Flash this in ClockworkMod. No guarantee, but since you seem relatively new here I take it you wouldn't know about it.

2) Random reboots are one thing, and some people have fixed it by putting a piece of folded paper/cardboard (??) in between the battery and the back panel. I've never bothered myself, personally. It happens so rarely to me, that I can only suggest it's random when it does happen. But: "doesn't want to stop untill I pull out the battery". I have no idea about.

Guest PredragM

Yea', it doesn't want to stop rebooting. Phone reboots, and after 2-3 min. it reboots again, and that goes on and on and on, and it can only stop when I pull out the battery. So I listened to your advice and put a piece of paper between the battery and phone and so far it's going well - no rebooting. Thanks anyway for this .zip file u sent me to solve my problem. Best wishes :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterling123

I have cm11 on my FF Open C. But I miss the Stock Taskmanager and I cannot find anything similar. How could I get the old one back. (Android Kitkat 4.4.3 version)

I checked now google store but somehow I could not find it as a standalone app for download. Does anyone know how I could get this software back on my cm11?

Cheers

Guest KonstaT

I have cm11 on my FF Open C. But I miss the Stock Taskmanager and I cannot find anything similar. How could I get the old one back. (Android Kitkat 4.4.3 version)

I checked now google store but somehow I could not find it as a standalone app for download. Does anyone know how I could get this software back on my cm11?

Cheers

This is a Blade III thread.

Android is more than capable of handling the memory management. If you need to close apps, you can do it from the recent apps view. Using any task managers/killers is only going to have negative impact on system's own memory management and usually only leads to problems (i.e. bug reporting is forbidden from users who use task killers).