Moto G and Ubuntu

Guest buyone

Help.

Motorola Migrate doesn't work on ZTE Blade (pairing is unsuccessful) AND the G does not behave as a USB storage device so I can't TX files to it like every other Android phone.

Anybody have any solutions?

Guest Sebastian404

I use Ubuntu sometimes, its set to connect as a Media Device (MTP) and just shows up as another partion, you might want to check you have it set to be MTP rather than PTP in Options/Storage

More Info: The ZTE Blade 1 is 2.2, it has Japanese Jelly Fish ROM, so Motorola say 2.2 or better is required for Migrate to work but Tesco Cust. Service say doesn't work with Orange San Francisco (aka Blade 1, stock is 2.1).

Of course no technical details are given as to why Migrate doesn't work, just use Google to move stuff. As Father Christmas said "Ho Ho Ho! If you believe that....."

I use Ubuntu sometimes, its set to connect as a Media Device (MTP) and just shows up as another partion, you might want to check you have it set to be MTP rather than PTP in Options/Storage

Thank you, it was set as MTP so I changed to PTP to see what happens and Ubuntu sees it as a camera. Changed back to MTP, the camera disappears and no partition is mounted.

The Moto G  is USB Bus 002 Device 007: ID 22b8:2e83 Motorola PCS, so the kernel recognises it.  The Ubuntu is Lucid 10.04 LTS.

On a netbook and a laptop the results are the same. Then I tried Linux Mint 15 (on the media player) and the Moto G MTP is mounted as XT1032.

Obviously a 10.04 problem.

Thank you for your reply , I wouldn't have got it going without your help.

Regards