a few questions befor i buy a moto g

Guest plewis1981

Guest plewis1981

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a moto g today from tesco UK, and I just want to check a few things beforer I do.

1. I only have internet access on my phone and can't tether to my laptop ( :( giffgaff :( ) Will I be able to unlock my bootloader?

2. I see you cant remove the battery, what happens if I get a boot loop, is there a way to reset the phone.

3. I want to flash the 4.4 update, which i see contains a new bootloader, will this relock my bootloader .

Any advice would be grate, thankyou in advance.

Guest Nuno Ferreira

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a moto g today from tesco UK, and I just want to check a few things beforer I do.

1. I only have internet access on my phone and can't tether to my laptop ( :( giffgaff :( ) Will I be able to unlock my bootloader? > Don´t know, yes u can unlock bootloader

2. I see you cant remove the battery, what happens if I get a boot loop, is there a way to reset the phone. > hold power button to turn it off, vol.down+power reboot

3. I want to flash the 4.4 update, which i see contains a new bootloader, will this relock my bootloader . > No

Any advice would be grate, thankyou in advance.

U are welcome

Guest plewis1981

Just one more question, when they are described as 8gb/16gb dose this refer to the size of the internal SD or are the system and data partitions included in the stated storage?

Guest Nuno Ferreira

Just one more question, when they are described as 8gb/16gb dose this refer to the size of the internal SD or are the system and data partitions included in the stated storage?

Yeah,

i got a 8GB model, and 5.52GB available for media content

Guest MickJack

I have the 16 gig, 12.92 available, I am using about 4 for apps,pictures,music so 8.5 left, no games.

am giff gaff, £10 goody bag allows tether (1gig/month) that I find worth it (same as I did on G300).

Edited by MickJack

Guest MickJack

Has anyone been unable to unlock there bootloader on a tesco device as my girlfriend has a Sony miro from tesco and bootloader unlocking is not allowed

Both sticky posts from Paul regarding rooting contain links for bootloader unlock, not tried myself but assume it's a first step before rooting and adding roms etc.

Guest plewis1981

I have been to the Motorola web site, my question is has anyone entered the code from the phone , and been told that they cannot unlock there bootloader,

I haven't seen any posts about it but just wanted to check.

Edited by plewis1981

I bought a 16GB one from Tesco. £2.03 and it is sim unlocked, not looking to unlock the bootloader as I run some Banking software that needs it locked down.

Edited by eLJay

Guest tillaz

I bought a 16GB one from Tesco. £2.03 and it is sim unlocked, not looking to unlock the bootloader as I run some Banking software that needs it locked down.

unlocking the bootloader wont affect them, its only root that does that, but there is an xposed module than can hide root from apps