How do I brick the phone on stock ROM ?

Guest plantroon

Guest plantroon

Yes I'm serious. Android is the worst OS I've ever dealt with. How do I modify it so that it doesn't work and flashing ROM doesn't help? I'd really want to break certain features and make it look like some serious hardware failure "which was caused by overheating" :D...and then return it to the store and ask for money back. All this phone has been good for so far was making phone calls (not reliably), watching youtube (with visual glitches sometimes) and listening to music (rly low quality though). If you don't like what I want to do consider it a joke that isn't funny. I need a good advice from someone.

My ideas so far: remove some partitions? remove files in /system (flashing a ROM would fix this) :(

Guest Something Wierd

People seem to have a high success rate with flashing Miui updates which are not intended for this phone,although I doubt you will get any compensation in any case.

Guest plantroon

People seem to have a high success rate with flashing Miui updates which are not intended for this phone,although I doubt you will get any compensation in any case.

:D I can't use custom ROM :) that voids warranty xD

Guest Something Wierd

Any modification made on the phone voids the warranty,so you have to be very creative on this one.

Edited by Something Wierd

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yes I'm serious. Android is the worst OS I've ever dealt with. How do I modify it so that it doesn't work and flashing ROM doesn't help?

Bad enough to still defeat you're I'll intentions?

I'd really want to break certain features and make it look like some serious hardware failure "which was caused by overheating" :D...and then return it to the store and ask for money back.

Aaah the old circumvent the warranty trick. You might want to check your motivation...

All this phone has been good for so far was making phone calls (not reliably), watching youtube (with visual glitches sometimes) and listening to music (rly low quality though).

Boo hoo. Its a Blade 3 not Galaxy S3. You get what you pay for don't you?

If you don't like what I want to do consider it a joke that isn't funny. I need a good advice from someone.

Well its not funny, and won't be until you try it and realise your phone wasn't so bad after all... Which usually happens when you don't have it anymore. So here's the advice: It clearly frustrates you. Trade it in for a cheap iPhone, or even bin it. But you won't get far with presenting a coarsely fiddled software switcheroo then go and blame it for a physical problem. CPU overheating caused by over clocking perhaps? Just how you do that on a stock ROM is beyond me.

My ideas so far: remove some partitions? remove files in /system (flashing a ROM would fix this) :(

Or we could just use the reverse of the ol' Snap.IT trick... messing with the Bootloader. That'll screw with everybody. Good luck. You'll need truck loads.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest peetu20

Actually, isnt it illegal to try break your phone somehow, and then try to carry it back to shop?

But I have one, maybe even good idea how to kill your phone, I have even experienced about this trick. I built my computer back to case some days ago, and seriously, I accidentally mounted front panel usb ports wire in wrong way. When I plugged Blade III to it, it just crashed. I really scared, Blade III seemed to get short circuit or something. Soo, short circuit seemed not to be much, but break one usb cable, and then take 12v or 24v battery, and connect it to red and black wirew, and see what happens. Propably it will break your phone, if 12v isnt much, try 24v etc :D.

They probably doesnt have much brains to see that you have burned something inside your phone ;)

Edited by peetu20

Guest plantroon

peetu20 that's cool :D but too brutal xDD ... I'm having a problem with wifi but some good guy called fleky told me on 4.4 ROM thread how to fix it. Now I want to try to make that bug happen on stock ROM somehow in a way that flashing doesn't fix it... but it's difficult to return this phone to the store for money cos they didn't even give me new charged when I told them that the one that comes with Blade 3 is undervolted.

Guest peetu20

peetu20 that's cool :D but too brutal xDD ... I'm having a problem with wifi but some good guy called fleky told me on 4.4 ROM thread how to fix it. Now I want to try to make that bug happen on stock ROM somehow in a way that flashing doesn't fix it... but it's difficult to return this phone to the store for money cos they didn't even give me new charged when I told them that the one that comes with Blade 3 is undervolted.

Nah, just say that the phone just died on your hands :P. One more, even known problem is Blade III battery. It seems that battery slot is slightly too big and the battery sometimes disconnects from power connectors in the phones case=reboot. I have experienced this much, and solved it with piece of paper between phone and battery...

Maybe you could somehow try to make the phone "unstable" with that, by making battery slot even "bigger". But that will cause damage, what can even shop assistants see when you walk in and say that your phone is suffering about random reboots :D.

Then, maybe the most reliable trick is flash stock rom, and root it. Then in example go to /system directory and delete something that references to wifi. But do not delete anything critical which could make the phone not to boot etc. After wifi doesnt turn on you can unroot the phone and carry it to shop :).

I have carried mine old, Blade I to warranty once, and they gave me new phone, I had phoblems connecting to wifi networks, with stock roms. It was time when I had no idea what smartphone or custom roms are.

Guest plantroon

:D The problem is that I've never had a single random reboot because of the loose battery (my battery seems not to be loose at all). I can't download the stock ROM somehow, the download times out at around 60 MB :(( That undervolted charger is a problem which they couldn't reproduce.... And I'm willing to unmount the front USB/audio panel from my mobo so even if I damage it I won't mind it :D Where do I connect it on the mobo so that it fries the phone ? ?:D:D:D

Guest GizmoTheGreen

why do you want to trade it in for a little bit of money? when you could install KonstaT's kitkat build and have an awesome phone for the little money you paid for it in the beginning anyway?

not to mention what you want to do is illegal. you're better of selling it cheap on ebay then. or sell it preinstalled with an awesome custom rom for a bit more, say 75% of new price.

Guest peetu20

:D The problem is that I've never had a single random reboot because of the loose battery (my battery seems not to be loose at all). I can't download the stock ROM somehow, the download times out at around 60 MB :(( That undervolted charger is a problem which they couldn't reproduce.... And I'm willing to unmount the front USB/audio panel from my mobo so even if I damage it I won't mind it :D Where do I connect it on the mobo so that it fries the phone ? ?:D:D:D

Hold on! Never connect anything on wrong place. You can i.e give it overvoltage with some battery, not with mobo... You just would break your board :D.

Overvoltage is pretty easy to brick something inside phone, easily and without they see it on the warranty disk. In repair, the repair guys will see it, but they cant know whatd caused that.

Just say for the servicer that your phone died when you plugged it onto wall charger.(You have heard pirate iPhone chargers? They can break iPhones by giving too high voltage.)

And be careful, unfortunately your phone can evenblow if you keep it connected to high voltage battery too long time... :P

U stupid kid...I think nobody will pay you back,but i have advice.2 years ago i had some android samsung.I installed some ROM,which was for Samsung model with 900mhz processor,mine was 600mhz.The phone stops for...ever :D I think,i burned the processor with highter voltage.You must try it! 

Guest aleksandar069

U stupid kid...I think nobody will pay you back,but i have advice.2 years ago i had some android samsung.I installed some ROM,which was for Samsung model with 900mhz processor,mine was 600mhz.The phone stops for...ever :D I think,i burned the processor with highter voltage.You must try it! 

good recipe   :D  :D :P  :P  :P  

Guest MJonMoDaCo

So in the shop they gave me another Blade 3 and refused to give me back money because the price has dropped... Well damnit :D

Stalemate eh? At least you still have your phone. Smile! Or don't.