[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

"wifi driver now built from atheros sdk2 source" - I'm guessing the newer source means some improvement to how wifi is handled, anybody have any idea as to what has been improved?

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Hi, Zeelog, i tried to compile omni rom and it compiled with success but whenever i install it, it fails and gives error 7 "Some symlinks failed"

Guest lolasher

"wifi driver now built from atheros sdk2 source" - I'm guessing the newer source means some improvement to how wifi is handled, anybody have any idea as to what has been improved?

I guess thats only because wifi tethering didn't worked with older method on never build.

Guest lolasher

zeelog, little request, could you update readme.md in omni branch to not bother you with "post new omni, please", eventualy AndroidBeliever, how did you done this?

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

functionality is much the same. the main difference is that now we have complete access to all the source for the kernel (no more binary ar6000 kernel module holding us back) so in the future we can alter the kernel more (or even change kernel version entirely) and fix any wifi driver bugs too.

the binary blob ar6000.ko we have used for yonks, and the built-from-src driver we now have, are both based on the atheros sdk 2.2 sources. the sdk was modified in unusual ways by zte to get it to work with blade & v9. now that I have worked out how to build the driver from src, it should be relatively easy for someone to port the zte hacks to atheros sdk 3, and that might yield some minor improvements to our wifi. frankly though, I don't see any problems with our current wifi, apart from it always having taken a few more seconds to scan and associate than I would like... the primary goal was to have complete source available.

I don't have any immediate plans to port to sdk 3. I'm frankly a bit fed up with wifi having spend so much time getting it this far, so if anyone is keen to work on it further then go for it - the all the sources are on github. little fame and no fortune await - who could say no to that? :)

I guess thats only because wifi tethering didn't worked with older method on never build.

wifi tethering has always worked fine.

Guest elrond_bs

Well, thanks for the great work anyway. :) A lot of work and small improvements (since ICS 4.0) are what made everything so smooth and well working in 4.4. :)

Guest raizor6th

Hi zeelog, is Emoji working on this rom or is been working and its just not to me? i'm on 03-31-14 version and i can't see Emoji on Smartkeyboard pro even Emoji is enabled. thanks

and thanks for the new update, downloading it now :)

Edit: forget the emoji, I just realized that i have to use third party app for emoji to work. perhaps, if you could tell that it is possible to use emoji on default android 4.4 sms app :) thanks man.

Edited by raizor6th

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

First slight bug:

Got called while my phone's monitor was light up, I just got a black screen for Caller ID, waited 3 seconds but it didn't fix itself. I installed without wiping from the last version.

Guest Droopy_be

Same issue with this 5.5 version

One application can't be installed on this rom "Qlock Two" (not compatible with this phone!). Works on the previous rom !

Guest elrond_bs

One not working application (and it's not a popular or high rated app) is not a reason for any complains, everything else works fine. Blade isn't officially supposed to work with 4.4, so some apps may never work properly. If this app is important for you, use your previous ROM.

Guest gr4nis

I have problem with this ROM. Application Orbot doesn't work for me and it's very important for me to make it work. I mean it looks like it works and also connection to Tor network seems to be successful according to status in app but when I check my IP address and status on Tor check it says I'm not using Tor. Everything works with 4.3.1 and other ROMs from Konstat. Does anyone have idea where could be problem?

Edited by gr4nis

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

I have problem with this ROM. Application Orbot doesn't work for me and it's very important for me to make it work. I mean it looks like it works and also connection to Tor network seems to be successful according to status in app but when I check my IP address and status on Tor check it says I'm not using Tor. Everything works with 4.3.1 and other ROMs from Konstat. Does anyone have idea where could be problem?

I didn't know about Orbot - neat! I just tried it (my v9 rom is very similar to this blade rom) with install via Fdroid, and it connected ok, and check works fine. does your su work ok? maybe try the Fdroid version of the app rather than the play version (although likely they are the same)?

Guest zeelog

Hi zeelog, is Emoji working on this rom or is been working and its just not to me? i'm on 03-31-14 version and i can't see Emoji on Smartkeyboard pro even Emoji is enabled. thanks

and thanks for the new update, downloading it now :)

Edit: forget the emoji, I just realized that i have to use third party app for emoji to work. perhaps, if you could tell that it is possible to use emoji on default android 4.4 sms app :) thanks man.

you can copy these fonts in system/fonts folder & apply appropriate permissions followed by reboot, however you would need a larger TPT (say 185Mb) alternatively trim ROM or uninstall unused system apps, full set of emoji fonts are around 3.2Mb...

no  problem with Orbot here, using latest version from playstore.