Apps to SD card?

Guest mjc1973

Guest mjc1973

Hi

Thanks for reply. I have done that but it seems to put stuff on the "internal sd card". Is there any way of putting stuff on the 32 GB external card?

thanks again

Guest Simon O

Hi

Thanks for reply. I have done that but it seems to put stuff on the "internal sd card". Is there any way of putting stuff on the 32 GB external card?

thanks again

Ah, unfortunately some tablets don't allow you to have apps on both the internal and external SD storage. Usually they expect you to use the microSD for your own files really.

It's just so awkward to get Android to work with multiple storage devices which is why most devices dont have microSD these days. 

Guest mjc1973

OK. That will be why Gemini are ignoring my emails about this, seeing as there product descrfiption of the tablet includes - "you can upgrade your memory with the addition of a 32GB micro SD card. Store thousands of songs hundreds of movies and more apps than you could ever wish for"

Thanks for your help anyway.

Guest Simon O

OK. That will be why Gemini are ignoring my emails about this, seeing as there product descrfiption of the tablet includes - "you can upgrade your memory with the addition of a 32GB micro SD card. Store thousands of songs hundreds of movies and more apps than you could ever wish for"

Thanks for your help anyway.

I doubt they will be delibrately ignoring your emails and probably just busy since Christmas. Give them a push. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest colinabrett

A bit late to the party on this one but I'm having a similar problem with my D10 (GEM1000).

I got the tablet at Christmas. It seems to have 8Gb built in memory, split into 1Gb for Android and internal applications, and about 6Gb mounted as the "sd card" for other applications and files. I then installed a 4Gb micro SD card for my own files. So far so good. I installed AppMgrIII to move some apps from the 1Gb internal memory to the "sd card" partition of the built in memory.

I then bought a 32Gb micro SD card and assumed it would be a simple matter to remove the 4Gb card and replace it with the 32Gb card. However, this made the apps I had moved to the "sd card" built in partition disappear. The tablet said "App isn't installed" and they were missing from the All Apps list. When I replaced the 4Gb card, the apps reappeared.

I can't find any reference to these apps on the 4Gb card (no hidden files or directories). Any suggestions as to what I should do to enable use of the 32Gb card and preserve the "missing" apps?

Regards,

Colin

PS: most of the apps were installed from the 1mobile appstore which was installed on the tablet when I got it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon O

A bit late to the party on this one but I'm having a similar problem with my D10 (GEM1000).

I got the tablet at Christmas. It seems to have 8Gb built in memory, split into 1Gb for Android and internal applications, and about 6Gb mounted as the "sd card" for other applications and files. I then installed a 4Gb micro SD card for my own files. So far so good. I installed AppMgrIII to move some apps from the 1Gb internal memory to the "sd card" partition of the built in memory.

I then bought a 32Gb micro SD card and assumed it would be a simple matter to remove the 4Gb card and replace it with the 32Gb card. However, this made the apps I had moved to the "sd card" built in partition disappear. The tablet said "App isn't installed" and they were missing from the All Apps list. When I replaced the 4Gb card, the apps reappeared.

I can't find any reference to these apps on the 4Gb card (no hidden files or directories). Any suggestions as to what I should do to enable use of the 32Gb card and preserve the "missing" apps?

Regards,

Colin

PS: most of the apps were installed from the 1mobile appstore which was installed on the tablet when I got it.

I heard from Gemini that this may be a fault with the tablet. Best thing to do would be to return it to them using the returns form at http://returns.geminidevices.com as no tablet should be randomly losing applications unless there is so sort of error with the storage rom. 

• 1 month later...
Guest lroyb

If you feel comfortable rooting your device and are able to repartition  your sd card into 2 seperate primary partitions, then you can use links2d. It allows you to symlink (similar to windows shortcuts, but the files still appears to be in the correct place) any files stored on the internal partition can be automatically moved onto the 2nd partition on the sdcard and symlinked onto the internal partition.

I have a 32g sd card split into 2 16gb partitions for link2sd, my standard android app location is 0.98gb and i currently have 2.5gb stored on it by using link2sd