Device play store 'last used' not updating

Guest flurry

My hudl is rooted using the rktools method and the modified system image. It works fine; downloading apps from play store app or via a computer works just fine, as does updating apps and using the android device manager to locate the device. However, the 'last used' date for the Hudl (seen in various places around google play, but the easiest place to see it is http://play.google.com/settings) doesn't update despite it being used daily. It doesn't appear to be an issue with my google account as my phone's 'last used' date stays current.

Background data is enabled, sync and android device manager are enabled. I'm at somewhat of a loss as to what's causing it not to update. I've tried clearing the data on Google Play and all the associated services/frameworks and removing and readding my google account but to no avail. I don't really want to factory reset in case I lose root. Am I missing something obvious here?

Also, when checking for system updates, it always says last checked on 3rd December? Is this in anyway connected?