Touchscreen doesn't work, damage to connection

Guest christophemaes

Guest christophemaes

When trying to clean the audio-connector (a mint got lost in there) I might have hit and killed the broad orange cable.
After it was cleaned, the touchscreen did not work anymore (everything else did, I could see the WIFI connected and all at the background)

I opened up the smartphone and noticed a small scratch at the broad orange cable on top, which seems to lead to the battery (main power?)

I can not find datasheets of this phone online, nor can I find such a specific part. I checked for a new digitizer but it seems this is not the cable that is hit. Does anybody know if this could be the problem and if yes, if I can find this part somewhere?

On the second picture you can get a visual of the scratch on the cable.

Thanks anyone for helping me out with this!

post-1034367-0-53796300-1389965540_thumb

post-1034367-0-71146800-1389965542_thumb

Without knowing what that cable does it's hard to say. It does look like a deeper scratch in that second picture though.

One thing I'd try is a can of compressed air, just to clean a lot of the rubbish off of the board. If that doesn't work though then if taking it all apart and then putting it together again doesn't fix it I'd either buy a new phone or see if someone here can sell you the part you need (since I can't see anything on ebay for less than £40 - see 201016935044).

Guest RogyHyde

That orange cable correspond to the digitalizer, the layer of the screen that read your touches.

(I know because I opened my Skate several times when my digitalizer was crazy)

Guest christophemaes

I thought so, but if you look at the pictures of a new digitizer this cable is not included, so that's a big problem. Thanks guys for the responses, I will do what you say H3ROS, even t hough I'm 100% sure it's this scratch since the touchscreen stopped working after I did the "mint recovery procedure". Otherwise I'll start looking for a second hand new one ;D Cheers