[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Jairus1998

I did few kernel repack

#########

luca020400 carbon rom + Synopsis and most likely target performance 

Link = https://mega.co.nz/#!spB0SIwR!go_CaxgwWUJwh-X98n-27OzEg9MVpO6s0pQf0H3gqkk

#########

fonz93 Cyanogenmod 10.1 + Synopsis and most likely target battery saving

Link = https://mega.co.nz/#!V9hGBabL!-wsJW3N6HFKgjyMM3zld863y854_rWKX2CTqFDz2T_A

###########

Default: Available ram and frequency (stock)

###########                

Credits goes to;

Chil360

moddingg33k

lucas020400

fonz93

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest h0rafiee

some of bugs:

• i cant recive calls but i can call
  • home page and quick clean master not work
  • clock in crash
  • not seen your GPRS / EDGE is active
  • not seen bluetooth icon in top even active
  • i dont check WIFI and GPS yet
  • home button not work
  • quick menu setting not work
  • notification?! where

all my bugs fix wipe cach before and after install

but i have two bug i hope it fix soon

Data transfer SIM like As GPRS / EDGE  /3G not wok

i cant change Owner pic with touch on it.

I have a big issues with battery. When I installed version 8.2 battery is started lot to discharge, so I returned to version 8.0 which worked fine until a few days. I bought new battery, and there is same problem with new battery.

Any solutions?

Guest Jairus1998

Oh my goodness don't tell me you did not know. The cause of these battery drain is not from kernel or ROM either any of it. The answer is simple, I did occurred that problem too and manage to slove it. The answer is your TWRP latest version 2.8.0.0+ .I flash that recovery and got discharge even tho I change ROMs and kernel still the result is the same.

To slove this downgrade your TWRP and don't use 2.8.0.0+

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest Jairus1998

Not to say 100% but I have this problem with the latest TWRP so I did a little experiment on my Y300 and I was right cause I tested out on stock ROM, CM10.1and the result is still the same but only for Y300 that I know. G510 not sure bout that. Why don't you try lucas020400 and see the results

Edited by Jairus1998

Guest h0rafiee

I have to thanks for this build its so lovely but defualt camera is better than google one. i install gapp full but i think myself what this google camera is s*** :D
so download HD camera.

thanks team.

all things is fine.

With 8.4 I had a problem that I did not have before:

I am using a non-default ringtone, and with 8.4 it was riniging just once, did not loop as it did before.

To solve this I had to add/define a metadata tag "ANDROID_LOOP" and value "true" to the ogg file.

Any idea what might have caused this change in 8.4?

Y300-0100 made some changes in his LiquidSmooth ROM regarding NFC reading tags, he says he thinks this should work now.

Chil, you already have implemented some of his NFC settings, do you think you could also apply these changes to your next weekly?

I´d like to test it and report! :)

(So far tags can not be read with 8.4, tried with "Adam NFC Reader", "Hagenberg NFC Taginfo", "NXP Taginfo" apps and 3 different types of tags.)

Guest wbrambley

Y300-0100 made some changes in his LiquidSmooth ROM regarding NFC reading tags, he says he thinks this should work now.

Chil, you already have implemented some of his NFC settings, do you think you could also apply these changes to your next weekly?

I´d like to test it and report! :)

(So far tags can not be read with 8.4, tried with "Adam NFC Reader", "Hagenberg NFC Taginfo", "NXP Taginfo" apps and 3 different types of tags.)

Have you tried it on the LiquidSmooth ROM? I can get 2 phones to talk to each other but not unpowered tags yet.

Have you tried it on the LiquidSmooth ROM? I can get 2 phones to talk to each other but not unpowered tags yet.

I have tried it with SlimKat 8.4 this morning. Unfortunately I have no second NFC phone to test it with, just some tags, and it did not work.

These tags can be read by a special NFC tag reader device I got from a friend, so the tags should work.

Did you try it with LiquidSmooth, latest version?

Guest wbrambley

I have tried it with SlimKat 8.4 this morning. Unfortunately I have no second NFC phone to test it with, just some tags, and it did not work.

These tags can be read by a special NFC tag reader device I got from a friend, so the tags should work.

Did you try it with LiquidSmooth, latest version?

Yes I tried it. Still no tag reading. Still something not right.

Guest DeveloperDutch

Hello everyone I'm a boy (14) from the Netherlands with close to 0 skils in android building but I thought let's give it a try so I followed every step in chil360's guide but now everytime I try to build the rom it works from here:

input: source build/envsetup.sh

output:

including device/huawei/u8833/vendorsetup.sh
applying build to build
Applying: Disable Emulator to speed up build times
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
M    core/main.mk
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
No changes -- Patch already applied.
applying external_skia to external/skia
Applying: SkCanvas: Make setDevice public again
M    include/core/SkCanvas.h
applying frameworks_base to frameworks/base
previous rebase directory /home/gregor/Downloads/frameworks/base/.git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.
applying external_wpa_supplicant_8 to external/wpa_supplicant_8
Applying: wpa_supplicant: reduce scan timeout to workaround ar6000 problem
M    src/drivers/driver_wext.c
applying system_core to system/core
previous rebase directory /home/gregor/Downloads/system/core/.git/rebase-apply still exists but mbox given.
including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mips/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/slim/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash

to here, but after that it gives this error:

input: brunch u8833

output:

including vendor/slim/vendorsetup.sh
  File "<string>", line 1
    import os,sys; print os.path.realpath(sys.argv[1])
                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 37
    print "Device %s not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from SlimRoms Github (http://github.com/SlimRoms)." % device
                                                                                                                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

** Don't have a product spec for: 'slim_u8833'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

Could anyone please help me (I run arch linux with gnome 3 on my laptop)

Guest chil360

@DeveloperDutch

The command 'source build/envsetup.sh' sets up the android build system which must be run once each time you open a terminal to build a rom. However this command also triggers the vendorsetup.sh script to be called in device/huawei/u8833 which is used to apply some device specific patches to the code. The first batch of errors you posted shows that these patches have already been applied. So, if you need to run 'source build/envsetup.sh' again on a build tree that's already patched, temporarily rename device/huawei/u8833/vendorsetup.sh so it doesn't attempt to patch everything again. 

When you want to update your sources, you need to delete the folders that have been patched before running 'repo sync'. Then run 'source build/envsetup.sh' to patch and 'brunch u8833' to build.

For your second error, I think it's because of Python. On Arch, python3 is the deafult but android requires python2. Read this link on the Arch Wiki and look at the part about using Virtualenv to set up a python2 environment. Also make sure you have all of the required packages - for java you can use jdk6-compat or jdk7-openjdk

Edited by chil360

Guest DeveloperDutch

Now after building I get this error:

1 error
3 warnings
Export includes file: system/core/libsync/Android.mk -- /home/gregor/Downloads/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsync_intermediates/export_includes
Import includes file: /home/gregor/Downloads/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsync_intermediates/import_includes
build/core/java.mk:330: recipe for target '/home/gregor/Downloads/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar' failed
make: *** [/home/gregor/Downloads/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/core_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Please help me ones more