[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest LLiLiTo

This happened to me after reflashing.

All I did was to RESET my set chosen notification tone and guess what?

It worked............

Remember I'm not a dev or expert- I'm just an interested user (and a silly old man with a new toy!!!) and im really trying hard to gain more understanding in to the finer points of android development.

not working to me .-.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Hire you go;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2401988

& a little reading about it:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/open-source-performance-control-app-tweaks-cpu-and-more/

Please don't put a stupid things in a system settings menu that are hard to change (update)!

& three are some usable links for kernel add-on's for you two.

Thanks Zola, but has all the options that brings CM11 (zram for example) Anyway thank you very much.

P. D. Sorry to be slow to respond, my service provider is terrible.

P. D.2 The Slim+ ROM it's based in this and includes the Performance options but it's for the G510 and don't thing my Y300 is 100% compatible.

Guest chil360

pff chill added a new build yesterday and i didn't see it downloading now :3

Yes, but only change is moving OTA hosting to Google Drive, so I didn't announce it. It was mainly built as a test of my build script - automatically updating the OTA file and syncing the zips up to google.

Guest ZolaIII

Thanks Zola, but has all the options that brings CM11 (zram for example) Anyway thank you very much.

P. D. Sorry to be slow to respond, my service provider is terrible.

P. D.2 The Slim+ ROM it's based in this and includes the Performance options but it's for the G510 and don't thing my Y300 is 100% compatible.

Its actual "ASOP Performance controls" it's open sourced so all options can be integrated in what ever ROM you like (all code is in the git). It actually have more options bat they are correlated to kernel integrated functions so if they are not present in kernel then they are not displayed. Some things like SysCtl don't work still bat this is strange because in particular sections like VM they do...

Some morons on Google play are actually even selling this with re worked interface.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest LLiLiTo

Yes, but only change is moving OTA hosting to Google Drive, so I didn't announce it. It was mainly built as a test of my build script - automatically updating the OTA file and syncing the zips up to google.

so if i wan't to OTA i have to download the new build.. nee i just  wait the RC3 :3

Guest ZolaIII

hi, in the latest build am i missing the developer option to get root ?

Tap as hell on build number in settings about the phone.

This is actually usual.

Nothing changed about multimedia!

Chil PM me tomorrow we need to talk!!!

In this One & ½ h excursion I had two freezes one reboot & one no sim/net detection.

All except last one are MM related. Last one is RIL playing tricks on me. :)

Guest Y300-0100

hi chil360

what am I missing now?

out dir is created... start and after while this..

Import includes file: /home/darkside/android/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/mkbootimg_intermediates/import_includes
host C: libmincrypt <= system/core/libmincrypt/rsa.c
# In case value of PACKAGES is empty.
host C: libmincrypt <= system/core/libmincrypt/sha.c
/home/darkside/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-linux/4.6.x-google/../../../../i686-linux/bin/as/home/darkside/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/host/i686-linux-glibc2.7-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-linux/4.6.x-google/../../../../i686-linux/bin/as: : error while loading shared librarieserror while loading shared libraries: : libz.so.1libz.so.1: : cannot open shared object filecannot open shared object file: : No such file or directoryNo such file or directory

make: *** [/home/darkside/android/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmincrypt_intermediates/rsa.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [/home/darkside/android/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmincrypt_intermediates/sha.o] Error 1

Guest chil360

hi chil360

what am I missing now?

out dir is created... start and after while this..

Looks like you are missing the zlib library. You are on Ubuntu 12.04?

Try this:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev:i386

Guest Y300-0100

Looks like you are missing the zlib library. You are on Ubuntu 12.04?

Try this:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev:i386

will try now..

thx,

after install should I do repo sync again?

Edited by Y300-0100

Guest Y300-0100

Thank you for helping. Starting now again.

oh. now this

target Generated: libwebcore <= external/webkit/Source/WebCore/css/CSSFontFaceRule.idl
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gcc": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl/5.14/IPC/Open3.pm line 186.
Can't exec "/usr/bin/gcc": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl/5.14/IPC/Open3.pm line 186.
open2: exec of /usr/bin/gcc -E -P -x c++ -DENABLE_ORIENTATION_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_TOUCH_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_DATABASE=1 -DENABLE_OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS=1 -DENABLE_DOM_STORAGE=1 -DENABLE_VIDEO=1 -DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=1 -DENABLE_CONNECTION=1 -DENABLE_APPLICATION_INSTALLED=1 -DENABLE_XPATH=1 -DENABLE_XSLT=1 -DENABLE_DEVICE_ORIENTATION=1 -DENABLE_FILE_READER=1 -DENABLE_BLOB=1 -DENABLE_WEB_TIMING=1 -DENABLE_MEDIA_CAPTURE=1 -DV8_BINDING -DENABLE_SVG=1 -DLANGUAGE_JAVASCRIPT external/webkit/Source/WebCore/css/CSSCharsetRule.idl failed at external/webkit/Source/WebCore/bindings/scripts/IDLParser.pm line 87
open2: exec of /usr/bin/gcc -E -P -x c++ -DENABLE_ORIENTATION_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_TOUCH_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_DATABASE=1 -DENABLE_OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS=1 -DENABLE_DOM_STORAGE=1 -DENABLE_VIDEO=1 -DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=1 -DENABLE_CONNECTION=1 -DENABLE_APPLICATION_INSTALLED=1 -DENABLE_XPATH=1 -DENABLE_XSLT=1 -DENABLE_DEVICE_ORIENTATION=1 -DENABLE_FILE_READER=1 -DENABLE_BLOB=1 -DENABLE_WEB_TIMING=1 -DENABLE_MEDIA_CAPTURE=1 -DV8_BINDING -DENABLE_SVG=1 -DLANGUAGE_JAVASCRIPT external/webkit/Source/WebCore/css/CSSFontFaceRule.idl failed at external/webkit/Source/WebCore/bindings/scripts/IDLParser.pm line 87
make: *** [/home/darkside/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8CSSCharsetRule.h] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [/home/darkside/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8CSSFontFaceRule.h] Error 2
darkside@ubuntu:~/android$

Edited by Y300-0100

Guest avenir791

hey

i dont find  the network mode in this rom  because i want select the network mode (2g, 3g , 2g+3g), is this missed id yes can u to enable it in next build

Guest ZolaIII

O so you are there!

I just resolved all Multimedia problems & gallery related ones by copying a proper media_codecs.xml from msm8610 build I mentioned (& added a URL hire).

Now videos are playing properly & gallery work's like intended I still have to try camera as its late now (GTM+1). :P

Actually camera works good (photo & video).

All do the media_profiles.xml need some tuning!

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest chil360

Thank you for helping. Starting now again.

oh. now this

You still must be missing something!

$ sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
  python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so

Guest chil360

O so you are there!

I just resolved all Multimedia problems & gallery related ones by copying a proper media_codecs.xml from msm8610 build I mentioned (& added a URL hire).

Now videos are playing properly & gallery work's like intended I still have to try camera as its late now (GTM+1). :P

Actually camera works good (photo & video).

All do the media_profiles.xml need some tuning!

Send me the media_codecs.xml & media_profiles.xml when you have finished tuning. I'll try them out and put them in the build.

When I used the RC1 I could not play games like NFS MW,just say:unfortunately game has stopped .Rom is great, I think the performances is like stock, only has the games to equalize and will be perfect.I will today flash rc2.Good job with this rom Chil360, keep up the good work 

Guest Romagnolo1973

Send me the media_codecs.xml & media_profiles.xml when you have finished tuning. I'll try them out and put them in the build.

Great! An if you can add the performance control that zolaIII suggested  will be apreciated, so we can use your kernel at 100%

Guest chil360

Great! An if you can add the performance control that zolaIII suggested  will be apreciated, so we can use your kernel at 100%

There is a patch in Slimkat gerrit under review to add performance options into Settings. So this will automaticly be included if the patch is accepted.

The Performance Control app that ZolaIII suggested does look to have more features but I won't add it to replace the Slim version. If the Slim performance settings are rejected, I will add the app.

Just had a thought...  maybe we could make an addon pack as a flashable update zip. Could include things that people have suggested like the Performance Control, replace DSP Manager with ViperFX. This way, it keeps the base rom pure SlimKat and give people the choice to have the extra features by simply flashing an extra zip. Ideas? Suggestions?

There is a patch in Slimkat gerrit under review to add performance options into Settings. So this will automaticly be included if the patch is accepted.

The Performance Control app that ZolaIII suggested does look to have more features but I won't add it to replace the Slim version. If the Slim performance settings are rejected, I will add the app.

Just had a thought...  maybe we could make an addon pack as a flashable update zip. Could include things that people have suggested like the Performance Control, replace DSP Manager with ViperFX. This way, it keeps the base rom pure SlimKat and give people the choice to have the extra features by simply flashing an extra zip. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thats a great idea!!! Also about the Pin code problem i had reported, i feel that this thing happens because at the bottom of the screen the text is kinda long in Portuguese, it says something about emergency call and sim blocked... i noticed after i enter the pin code for some moments i can see the buttons corrected (this happens cause the button text goes away) 

Guest painteramit

I am totally agree with you Chil360. But we need to make it such that it should not create confusions to users.