[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest SaurabhRCk

Just uploaded a new kernel to test: chil360-kernel-20140312-1459.zip

After 2 days of tracking down this issue, I have found that by removing asswax, smartassv2 & smartassH3 (disabling in kernel config) the lock/unlock music issue is fixed. I don't know why this is the case - adding these govenors should not affect anything if I'm not using them.

just flashed the new kernel! exceptional improvement. no music issue, ui became more smooth, lockscreen unlocking and ring animation smoothness increased (previously is gave some problem like a little lag). status bar pull down smoother. overall very good performance improvement! Great work! 

Guest SaurabhRCk

Just uploaded a new kernel to test: chil360-kernel-20140312-1459.zip

After 2 days of tracking down this issue, I have found that by removing asswax, smartassv2 & smartassH3 (disabling in kernel config) the lock/unlock music issue is fixed. I don't know why this is the case - adding these govenors should not affect anything if I'm not using them.

just flashed the new kernel! exceptional improvement. no music issue, ui became more smooth, lockscreen unlocking and ring animation smoothness increased (previously it gave some problem like a little lag). status bar pull down smoother. overall very good performance improvement! Great work! 

Guest Blasted Remnants

I've hit some issues with some third party apps force closing.......

I've had no problems with any of those apps that I also use, but I am having trouble with Google+ and DropBox. Both of these apps have been forceclosing since updating the ROM, although I may have gotten Google+ sorted out by wiping it's data and cache with Titanium and reinstalling from Playstore, we'll see if it sticks after a reboot. I tried that already with DropBox and had no luck, but it didn't work the first time for Google+ either so maybe I'll just keep trying.

Lol nevermind, looks like Google+ is still FCing... And that's me, fresh out of ideas  :wacko:

Edited by Blasted Remnants

Guest ivan41
I've had no problems with any of those apps that I also use, but I am having trouble with Google+ and DropBox. Both of these apps have been forceclosing since updating the ROM, although I may have gotten Google+ sorted out by wiping it's data and cache with Titanium and reinstalling from Playstore, we'll see if it sticks after a reboot. I tried that already with DropBox and had no luck, but it didn't work the first time for Google+ either so maybe I'll just keep trying. Lol nevermind, looks like Google+ is still FCing... And that's me, fresh out of ideas :wacko:
My Google + is fine...... I've flashed the newer kernel with a clean fresh install of 3.6, but I'm noticing a great big drop in performance, such as keyboard lag, notification pull down lag, lock screen lag, and status bar lag. It just doesnt seem very smooth rite now, which it did before I reflashed it ??? (The original install was a"dirty" install over 3.4) But good news I've got no apps force closing, and WiFi is 10 tines better than it was, I haven't had any connection drops at all :-D Edited by ivan41

Guest ivan41
Is chil kernel included in Rom?
The newer kernel can be downloaded from chils Google drive from the link on the first post :-) Edited by ivan41

Guest Market88

I'm using last 3.6 build and last kernel (the one with less governors) the phone is working good and i don't have pixilated youtube! Wow

Guest rederik75

Have you tested it? Does this fix the lock/unlock problem for you? Next is to try and work out why adding these govenors causes the problem.

Yess! Jumps while locking/unlocking and during playback are almost completely disappeared ... just very few cases that may be due to everything else, not necessarily the kernel.... I'm using the whole frequency range with intellidemand governor and row scheduling, MPdecision disabled and 512 readahead cache

Guest chil360

I have just released kernel v0.30. It is just the same as the test build from earlier with the version number bumped.

Changelog
---------
v0.30
* Overclock GPU to 320 MHz (from CeXstel kernel)
* Disable asswax, smartassh3, smartassV2 to fix audio interuption issue when locking/unlocking

I have no idea why those govenors cause the audio issues so I don't know how to fix it. If I work out the cause I'll add them back again.

Guest Jairus1998

@chil360

Can you make a swap file support for the kernel. I would love it :)

By the way, I have your ROM in my SD and just waiting for a kernel with swap support.

Thanks for your cooperation

Guest chil360

Hey chil.

Can we use this driver?

Is a flashable ZIP .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2238348

As things stand, we cannot use any updated adreno blobs - flashing this zip will just bootloop the phone. From what I understand, to make these work it would need major updates to the kernel with more up to date qcom msm code from the CAF kernel. It would also need changes in building the rom using the qcom caf repos instead of qcom legacy. As much as I would like to do this, I don't have the knowledge to do the kernel updates - a more experienced kernel dev would need to do this. I can add the odd kernel patch but this is beyond what I can do.

Guest spanitzer

As things stand, we cannot use any updated adreno blobs - flashing this zip will just bootloop the phone. From what I understand, to make these work it would need major updates to the kernel with more up to date qcom msm code from the CAF kernel. It would also need changes in building the rom using the qcom caf repos instead of qcom legacy. As much as I would like to do this, I don't have the knowledge to do the kernel updates - a more experienced kernel dev would need to do this. I can add the odd kernel patch but this is beyond what I can do.

But i have flashed on CM 10.2 and no bootloop. All OK.

Guest wackoj

How should I flash the kernel? I think the process of installation is: Factory reset-Flash ROM- Flash gapps - flash kernel. Am I right?? I have never flashed a kernel before

Guest ZolaIII

How should I flash the kernel? I think the process of installation is: Factory reset-Flash ROM- Flash gapps - flash kernel. Am I right?? I have never flashed a kernel before

Just flash it from recovery no need to wipe anything!

Guest Caras69

So,it's ok with the new kernel,music is ok now,phone responds a bit better and youtube isn't pixelated anymore,which i like. The bad things are that it's a bit laggy at status pulldown and keyboard and  mine have some issues at recent apps tab,doesn't show them properly or doesn't show any of recent apps.

Guest mockingbird
That's right , make sure you always flash the rom before the kernel. You don't need to wipe everytime you flash a kernel. Edited by mockingbird

Guest thetonyxx

flash kernel after rom

no wipe required

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest chil360

But i have flashed on CM 10.2 and no bootloop. All OK.

Just looked at the updater script in the flashable zip... it uses package_extract_dir to attempt to copy the files but this function does not overwrite files if they already exist. The update script would have to use the delete function to remove the existing libs before copying the new ones but it doesn't. So this zip hasn't updated your adreno blobs at all - if it had it would bootloop. If you do a logcat you will see the version string of the adreno libs and it will still be the old one.