[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest juanpablocastillo

Here is. Android 4.0.x and above aren't vulnerable because the OpenSSL version is more older. The vulnerable versions are:

-OpenSSL 1.0.0f

-OpenSSL 1.0.1e and f

The last is the case of Android 4.1.1 and higher, but, in Android 4.2 and later, Heartbeat has disabled by Google.

So, don't worry, there isn't possible than Heartbleed bug work in 4.2 and later, and 4.0 and above.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest fonz93

0156b99037dbb6c32569ed1dc7b6dfda.png

As the app says the vulnerable behavior is not enabled, so heartbleed is not a problem, doesn't matter that is vulnerable when is disabled Edited by fonz93

Guest bogdanwp

Battery is very good with 5.8 : 1d 3h , 7!% remaining. 1 hour voice calls , some messaging , some playing around and half an hour of wifi browsing.

Guest noobSU

There is a toggle issue on recent build. I think the bluetooth main toggle & the location toggle is conflicting each other. When i open settings bluetooth toggle is off. But i scroll down to location option & then scroll up bluetooth toggle is on. Even bluetooth is off.

post-1038841-14025795294051_thumb.jpg

Guest hgoldy300

anybody else having problems with the dialer in the last version? keypad doesn't show at first when I click the button, I have to click the back button and click a second time for it to be displayed

Guest Swedoxi

anybody else having problems with the dialer in the last version? keypad doesn't show at first when I click the button, I have to click the back button and click a second time for it to be displayed

No, have you done a clean install of the rom?

Guest bogdanwp

No, have you done a clean install of the rom?

This is a standard problem of CM11. The keypad lag was always present.

Guest moochermick

Sorry i mistyped lag. Yes it doesn`t show the first time. Always was like this on CM11 and CM11 based roms for me.

Shows every time For me.

Guest spanitzer

There is a toggle issue on recent build. I think the bluetooth main toggle & the location toggle is conflicting each other. When i open settings bluetooth toggle is off. But i scroll down to location option & then scroll up bluetooth toggle is on. Even bluetooth is off.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1402579527151.jpg

have you a other font?

@chil: I'm examining your kernel a bit (performance wise). Hope you don't mind tongue.png

I got a few suggestions for commit to *possibly* improve it's performance or at least the compiler's code generation:

Sorry for that long list wub.png

I'd also suggest to switch to GCC 4.8.3 for better code generation. (I prefer to use bare-metal GCC for kernel which is however not suitable for compiling the ROM)

Just my 2 cents. Cheers smile.png

Edited by Guest

Guest chil360

@chil: I'm examining your kernel a bit (performance wise). Hope you don't mind tongue.png

I got a few suggestions for commit to *possibly* improve it's performance or at least the compiler's code generation:

Sorry for that long list wub.png

I'd also suggest to switch to GCC 4.8.3 for better code generation. (I prefer to use bare-metal GCC for kernel which is however not suitable for compiling the ROM)

Just my 2 cents. Cheers smile.png

Of course I don't mind! :)

Thanks for the list of patches - I have been looking at some of these already.

I would like to switch to gcc 4.8 for the entire rom but it's causing random reboots at the moment. Would it be possible to publish your prebuilt toolchain? I would like to give it a try. Or could you give me the instructions of how you built it?

Thanks

My toolchain is non-static and might not work on your building environment. However I'll PM you regarding toolchain creation.

I only got 60GB free on my virtual machine. I guess I cannot compile a ROM with such less space, else I would have tried to help you with GCC 4.8 rom compiling.

At the moment most devs use to compile kernels with GCC 4.8 and ROMs with GCC 4.9/4.10.

There is an GCC feature called LTO (Link Time Optimization). Using it on kernel source code requires further patches. and is kinda "experimental". Maybe it works well for an Android ROM. Just google it :)

Cuz I'm trying to merge BFS scheduler and don't want you having to wait for too long you might wanna try it on your own meanwhile:

You need: crosstoo-ng

A short "how-to" which should guide you through everything: https://github.com/moddingg33k/toolchain_gcc_arm/tree/master/crosstool-ng%20linaro

And here is my .config I used to create my bare-metal toolchain (for kernel only): http://pastebin.com/jLUr6tGk (it's set up for gcc 4.8.4)

With this config you can skip (I guess):

./ct-ng list-samples

./ct-ng arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi

./ct-ng menuconfig

Good luck m8. PM me when you need help.

Edited by Guest

Guest JobSup

I have WLAN problems with the 5.8 SlimKat. WLAN works fine after a reboot, but after a period of deep sleep (i.e. at night), I cannot activate WLAN after I wake up my phone. All switches just don't work, only reboot helps.

Anybod else having similar problems or a fix?

Guest noobSU

Please fix the issue of bluetooth & location toggle in settings. Both are conflicting with each other. If any of the toggle is on.

Guest markoprogramer

I have WLAN problems with the 5.8 SlimKat. WLAN works fine after a reboot, but after a period of deep sleep (i.e. at night), I cannot activate WLAN after I wake up my phone. All switches just don't work, only reboot helps.

Anybod else having similar problems or a fix?

I don't have that kind of problems.

@chill360 I noticed that when the phone is ringing you can only answer or hang up, you can't put call in the background. Can you fix that? I tried to slide down the notification bar, rhat also didn't worked.

But everyrhing else seams to work good. I am really happy with batery life. Keep it up.

Edited by markoprogramer