[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest webmariner87

Sometimes the wifi seems to restart. It disconnect and reconnect. And if this happens during a videocall with skype, the audio crashes and i've to reboot to restore it. 
What can be?  (i've this problem from long time, also before 8.2)

Guest LotR656

what do you mean for strange apps? I have the stable 8.0 and the FULL Gapps 7.x version. I don't remember if i changed something in che system setting,of course is nothing important. Some little Setting about my desktop et cetera

Like some apps that are not avaible in play store, or pirated apps with virus or malware.

When i had the 7.9 it crashed in my pocket. Yesterfay while i was looking for a pic in my gallery. Why, for god?

Clear everything. Wipe dalvik, cache, cust, data, system, android secure, internal storage and delete folder "Android" on SD card. Delete Android folder before you go to recovery. Maybe something left from other roms and that crash everything.

Guest webmariner87

Clear everything. Wipe dalvik, cache, cust, data, system, android secure, internal storage and delete folder "Android" on SD card. Delete Android folder before you go to recovery. Maybe something left from other roms and that crash everything.

Do you think that it can help also me?

(Sometimes the wifi seems to restart. It disconnect and reconnect. And if this happens during a videocall with skype, the audio crashes and i've to reboot to restore it. 

What can be?  (i've this problem from long time, also before 8.2) )

Guest Charrua155

Flashed 8.2 yesterday. Clean install, no problems except for a couple of Google Play Services related messages that didn't appear again.

GPS is not working either.

Guest chil360

The GPS hal isn't being built at the moment so it doesn't work - something must have changed. I'm working on it now and will release a new build when I have fixed it.

Guest felipovicc

Is it possible that the gps problem is kernel releated? Im trying cm10.1 with chil360 0.51 kernel and i tryed slimkat 8.2 and none of them has gps working.

Guest dammann

Hi! I just switched from CM11 because of frequent force closes.

I was wondering if there is something like a performance setting where i can change CPU govenors etc. I cant find it. Help somebody?

Guest farfix

I did a clean install of Slimkat 8.2 (I was on AOSP MOD B209 4.1.1)...

All excellent!

GPS is working fine for me :)

Games run fast, but a bit slower compared to Stock-Based Roms...

The only problem that I had is a Force Close of the Camera app... I just rebooted and the problem was solved...

Thanks to moddingg33k and chil360

Guest Charrua155

Farfix, how do you know your GPS is working? I thought mine was working too  but the apps were using the cell networks, not GPS. (we hope that Chil360 can fix it "al tiro").

Guest Carandroid

Like some apps that are not avaible in play store, or pirated apps with virus or malware.

I had already done a full wipe,wiping also internal memory and sd. The only apps i have i downloaded from the play store. The only thing I didn't do is eliminate the Android folder before to go into recovery. But I had already done the wipe of the SD before to Flash the rom. I don't know what to do/say.

Edited by Carandroid

Guest Y300-0100

Is it possible that the gps problem is kernel releated? Im trying cm10.1 with chil360 0.51 kernel and i tryed slimkat 8.2 and none of them has gps working.

post-1022671-1412182560598_thumb.jpg

It's not kernel 0.50 related. I am using it. 0.51 don't know.

Guest farfix

Farfix, how do you know your GPS is working? I thought mine was working too  but the apps were using the cell networks, not GPS. (we hope that Chil360 can fix it "al tiro").

Do you speak spanish? Entonces...

Encendí "Ubicación", Abrí "Maps", me preguntó si quería usar el servicio de Google y le puse "NO"... encontré mi posición y caminé mucho con el GPS encendido... Funcionó de maravillas :D

In english :P

Well, with "Location" enabled, I go to Google Maps. It asks me if I want to use "Google Location Services" and I selected "NO"... I found my position and walked a lot with the GPS "ON"... It worked well ;)

Guest Carandroid

So I'm the only one who is affected by crash problems. Maybe I don't know how to do a clean install. Can you tell me the exact passages to follow?

I have the TWRP 2.8.0.1 recovery.

Edited by Carandroid

Guest Charrua155

La cuestión es que el celular busca tu posición con varias herramientas, no una sola (si vas a Ajustes/Ubicación lo ves). Además del GPS usa la red celular a la que te conectás para triangular tu posición e incluso el Wifi.

Asi que aunque el GPS no esté funcionando, Maps encuentra tu posicion y el indicador de GPS aparece en la barra.

Sorry for the spanish, but I'm a bit busy to translate :(

Guest chil360

I have fixed the gps and I am just about to start a full release build.

The problem was a change to the CM11 hardware/qcom/gps repo that we use that requires a new QCOM_GPS_PATH variable to be set in order to build the gps hal. I have added a fix to set this variable (see this commit).