Can Chrome be moved to SD?

Guest seanspotatobusiness

When I use Link2SD to try to move Chrome to [internal] SD I get the following error message:

Failure

pkg: data/app/com.android.chrome-1.apk Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION]

The process worked fine for another app (I don't recall which). Can this be overcome?

Guest S4ppH1rE

When I use Link2SD to try to move Chrome to [internal] SD I get the following error message:

Failure

pkg: data/app/com.android.chrome-1.apk Failure
[INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION]

The process worked fine for another app (I don't recall which). Can this be overcome?

Delete the pre-installed Google Chrome (Bloatware). Then download and install it via Google Play and you will be able to install/move it to SD.

That worked perfectly. Thanks! Do you know whether I can do the same thing with "Google Search" (63 MB)?

The answer to my own question is yes! (I thought it might have prevented me from searching on Google Play but there is apparently no relationship between the search function in Google Play and Google Search). I've recovered a lot of space on my phone storage (not sure what the proper term is) thanks to the advice above.

I do wish manufacturers would stop segmenting the in-built flash memory in this way.

Guest targetbsp

I do wish manufacturers would stop segmenting the in-built flash memory in this way.

I think thats just how android is designed.  All they can do to overcome it is to provide sufficiently large capacities in each partition that you won't notice.  And that'd be an extravagant waste of resources on a budget phone unfortunately.