3 UK Internet problems

Guest pinky0978

Guest pinky0978

Hi all, I have a problem with my Internet data, download speed is approximately 0.1 mb per second, while upload is around 1.5, a huge disparity! Anyone else got problems on three or is it geographical? I'm in Walsall, West Midlands btw. Got 2 y300 phones and an alcatel t'pop, all same issues so can't be a handset problem. post-878831-13901695887298_thumb.jpg

Guest pinky0978

Same here, during the day it's awful though, just when you need it to work! 7.30 am now and still ok, will have to see how it goes through the day. The 3 store's gonna get a visit later if it drops off again, and I'm gonna want my 15 quid back!! :-P

Same here, during the day it's awful though, just when you need it to work! 7.30 am now and still ok, will have to see how it goes through the day. The 3 store's gonna get a visit later if it drops off again, and I'm gonna want my 15 quid back!! :-P

i originally thought they where throttling my speed but i have barley used that much in the last few days since joining so would be surprised if they are...

especially since the website quite clearly says there are no hidden restrictions for all you can eat data.

going to ring them up and ask what's going on tomorrow. 

Guest pinky0978

Was gonna go in today but speed was okay until around 1pm, then it suddenly throttled back to 0.1! Didn't have time in the end but gonna do it tomorrow definitely. Have you heard off any other members with the same issues because everyone in our household have the same problem and you do too, it can't just be us surely?

Was gonna go in today but speed was okay until around 1pm, then it suddenly throttled back to 0.1! Didn't have time in the end but gonna do it tomorrow definitely. Have you heard off any other members with the same issues because everyone in our household have the same problem and you do too, it can't just be us surely?

do you tether your data connection ?

Guest pinky0978

I do on occasion but the timescale seems too rigid to be related. Haven't tethered before the problem started either, only been on 3 a week or so but it's happened continually, plus my missus only has the 500mb package so hasn't ever tethered, but still same issues!

I do on occasion but the timescale seems too rigid to be related. Haven't tethered before the problem started either, only been on 3 a week or so but it's happened continually, plus my missus only has the 500mb package so hasn't ever tethered, but still same issues!

i personally tether all the time, just i was reading this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26820189 (last 5 pages) and people saying that they throttle your speeds for tethering on payGO.

not sure how true that is though as i have never seen any official statement from 3 saying this, its interesting that you just joined like me and are having the same issue, makes me think that newly activated sims might have a problem where they are been restricted for no reason.

but even on my phone without tethering its still the same, things like youtube and updating apps are impossible until after 12 which is not acceptable

i don't think its a mast problem though as its normal after 12 midnight and you are around 200 mile away from me with the same issue.

i will be making a complaint tomorrow as the terms and conditions for all you can eat data clearly say:

All you can eat data allows you to use as much as the Internet or consumer as much data as you wish without worrying about the cost or having to search for hidden and unfair “fair use policies”.

and to me there clearly is an "unfair fair use policy" going on, and they are false advertising

Guest pinky0978

My sim is quite an old one, been activated for a year or two, so I don't think it's that. Just started using it again this month. I was on 3 for years up until about 6 months ago when I decided to try vectone, but they don't do all you can eat. Never happened before and I've always tethered to some extent. Surely if they were throttling it would be all the time. Just doesn't seem to make sense!

Guest nvkid909

I think they don't allow tethering, similar to giffgaff / o2, the "all you can eat" refers to the device you're using it on. I think there is an extra tariff that allows tethering?

I think they don't allow tethering, similar to giffgaff / o2, the "all you can eat" refers to the device you're using it on. I think there is an extra tariff that allows tethering?

i know they don't, but my internet is restricted without any warring of it happening even without tethering...

according to three you would need to use 1000GB for any restrictions to be put in place... which i obviously came no where near in one day

and if they are going to throttle people who tether when they should not be, they need to tell you like giffgaff

who disconnect your internet for 30mins each time the catch you, ha i found away around that though... but the speeds where way to slow... so joined three