Hudl and Virgin TV Anywhere

Guest ifstar

Is there any way to get Virgin TV Anywhere to work on the Hudl? It doesn't let you download it on the play store however I've modified my build.prop file so that the store thinks it is a Nexus S. The app downloads, installs and links to my Tivo box fine and will let me browse and manage recordings but it won't let me watch live tv (the main reason for installing it!).

I've got root cloak, xposed framework and cydia installed but it still won't let me watch on the hudl.

• 1 month later...
Guest bennji.boy

Two questions here:

1. Is there a guide to modify build.prop to allow me to do this

2. Did the hide my root app work? (I am presuming you need to root to perform the modify build.prop)

Cheers

Guest awarner

Is the virgin app made to actually allow you to watch live tv? I've only ever known it to manage recordings and act as a remote control for tv, that's with iOS which is what you are finding. bit of a useless app.

Guest greyrider

Root the Hudl

Download a file manager.
Edit /system/build.prop
ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Save

Reboot

2. We may never know ;)

3. I don't have Virgin, but a quick peek at their site indicates the app does support live viewing. Probably why it's called ""TV Anywhere"?

Guest ifstar

The virgin tv anywhere app does let you watch live tv on some channels along with letting you view and record from the guide.

Someone from another forum made a modified version and that worked for me with a bit of fiddling about. Just changing the build.prop file is not enough for this. It will let you download it but it won't run due to it detecting the hudl being rooted. Root cloak etc did not work either. I still needed to run LuckyPatcher and removed the verification and this seemed to fix it.