Jump to content

Weird File Name After USB Transfer

Guest fluke9

Recommended Posts

I moved some MP3's from my USB stick to the external sd card on my hudl. and all were renamed with "rkutf8" ath the start of the file name.


It's fine if I drag and drop from the PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
Guest lxbtest

If anyone has the same problem...


I have the same issue and it seems to be related to the encoding you use when you create ID3 tags.


I used mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/), and by default in the settings, it will encode tags in UTF16. I tried UTF8 with the same issue.


When I changed to ISO8859-1, the problem disappeared. Tags displayed normally on the tablet.


So you just need to

1- change to ISO8859-1

2- clear all your tags

3- retag everything


Only issue is, with ISO, I cannot use special characters (AFAIK).


hope it helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.