ZTE Blade Q Mini - £60 - Dual core 1.3ghz, 1GB ram, 4gb, 4" 480x854, 5mp, Android 4.2

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/zte-blade-q-mini-4-1gb-ram-dual-core-1-3ghz-cortex-a7-59-99-10-topup-argos-sainsbury-1797580

This is very similar to the zte blade v except it is £30 cheaper and is dual core 1.3ghz instead of quad core 1.2ghz. It also comes with android 4.2 instead of 4.1.2.

4" 480x854

Mediatek MT6572 dual core 1.3ghz cortex a7

mali 400 gpu

1gb ram

4gb rom

5mp rear camera with LED flash

vga front camera

micro sd slot

Specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_q-5825.php

MIHOXyo.jpg

Amazing value 1gb ram phone considering it can be bought in the uk at this price with a uk warranty.

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

That's a stunning buy!  I don't think quad core is massively more beneficial that dual so I'd rather have the £30.  Also, I think the Mali 400 is a better GPU than the Adreno 203.

There's bugger all difference between the Android versions so that won't be a deciding factor.

Edited by targetbsp

Better battery and a front cam on the Blade V though.

2 cpu cores requires less power than 4 cores so the battery life should be similar. Android isn't well multithreaded at the moment so quad cores isn't going to be that helpful except for specific apps and games.

It is an amazing 1GB phone for £60, hoping that a CWM and cyanogenmod rom will be made for this phone.

GFLOPS

Mali 400 MP=  5 @ 500 MHz / Core

Aderno 203= 8.8 @ 245 MHz / Core

What is the better????   :D Aderno its a better!!

Edited by djfnz

Guest KonstaT

Not bad! :) But i think when the Desire 500 given 4.3 the Blade V coming to. ZTE Blade V have better performance! :) Buuutttt best buy in his class!

There will never be Android 4.3 for Desire 500. There will never be any Android 4.1+ release for any of the Qualcomm Cortex-A5 devices (msm7x27a, msm8x25, msm8x25q). Latest release from Qualcomm is 4.1.2 from last june and these are what OEM updates are built up on. These platforms are EOL'ed and completely dead.

It is an amazing 1GB phone for £60, hoping that a CWM and cyanogenmod rom will be made for this phone.

Lol, not a chance. Blade Q has a MediaTek chipset which is a definite no for any AOSP based ROMs. With Blade V you'd at least have the possibility...

Guest targetbsp

Here in Hungary the Blade Q Mini (unlocked) and Blade V (unlocked) has same price! (39 990 Ft = 104 £)

It has more or less the same RRP here too.  It's just on a curiously insane sale.  At RRP I'd have the Blade V.  But at this sale price I'd have this if I were buying now.

Guest kashoggi

My next phone is gonna be a Nexus 5, i think.

There are too many of these devices now for the devs to work on all of them with a custom rom, so the net best thing is to cough up and buy a Google supported one.

Really like my Blade V, but really miss the days of the original Blade when there were new roms all over the place and it was as much fun installing them and seeing how much more the devs had squeezed out of them as it was actually phoning people on them. I had hoped that the Blade V scene would be like that, but there are just too many other options for developers now, and who could blame them!

Still visit here 'JUST IN CASE'  KonstaT or someone takes a fancy to throwing something out :)

My next phone is gonna be a Nexus 5, i think.

There are too many of these devices now for the devs to work on all of them with a custom rom, so the net best thing is to cough up and buy a Google supported one.

Really like my Blade V, but really miss the days of the original Blade when there were new roms all over the place and it was as much fun installing them and seeing how much more the devs had squeezed out of them as it was actually phoning people on them. I had hoped that the Blade V scene would be like that, but there are just too many other options for developers now, and who could blame them!

Still visit here 'JUST IN CASE'  KonstaT or someone takes a fancy to throwing something out :)

The Faea F2S has an official cyanogenmod rom coming out from the manufacturer, the first ever phone to ship with cyanogenmod, it uses a mediatek mtk6589T 1.5ghz quad core cortex a7 processor, faea worked with cyanogenmod team to create an optimised kernel for it. You don't need a nexus 5 if you want a decent phone with cyanogenmod.

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

The Faea F2S has an official cyanogenmod rom coming out from the manufacturer, the first ever phone to ship with cyanogenmod, it uses a mediatek mtk6589T 1.5ghz quad core cortex a7 processor, faea worked with cyanogenmod team to create an optimised kernel for it. You don't need a nexus 5 if you want a decent phone with cyanogenmod.

Lol, you clearly don't have a slightest clue what you're talking about. There already is a phone that ships with CyanogenMod installed - Oppo N1, the first official CM phone. There's is not manufacturer in the world that can make an official CyanogenMod - only CyanogenMod themselves can.

Custom firmwares are a big thing China (MIUI, LeWa, etc) and suddenly ability to have AOSP based firmware (CM, AOKP, AOSPA, Omni, etc) has become a competing factor for some Chinese manufacturers. Just because there's been some (pathetic) attempts from FAEA or Oppo (R819 - Omni) doesn't mean that anyone was even close to succeeding. Sharing sources only to select partners under NDA is just grotesque and goes against everything what open source is all about.

One thing I can guarantee is that there will never be official CyanogenMod for MediaTek devices! CM is moving towards Nexus + recent Qualcomm hardware direction what comes to officially supported platforms. Even once so great OMAP's are becoming a pain to maintain and there's 'major' platforms like the recent octa-Exynos yet to gain support.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest demario

Before i go to root my zte blade q mini i wanted to know how to get clockworkmod recovery (to backup up my rom) i tried the play store  (ROM Manager) but it says there is no clockwork recovery made for my zte blade q mini is that true. If not plz can you share. thnx

is there any way of rooting this phone ? looked all over the internet no hope (as the phone is still new)

Kingo will root the phone. I bough one from Argos when it first hit the shops and was a nice looking/performing phone especially for the ££. I only took it back because at the time there was no unlock for it..

Guest targetbsp

Kingo will root the phone. I bough one from Argos when it first hit the shops and was a nice looking/performing phone especially for the ££. I only took it back because at the time there was no unlock for it..

Virgin should unlock them for you over the phone - same as the Blade V.

Virgin should unlock them for you over the phone - same as the Blade V.

Yeah, that's right. For £15 think there's a weeks wait while they send it out.

A guy popped up on gsmforum and said his server could do the unlock for £8.30 but by that time I'd already taken the phone back..

http://www.tech-unlockserver.com/index.php

Looks like he's well respected and no newbie.

when do you think kitkat is going to come for the blade q mini

Why would you think it is coming out for this phone? I don't think zte have given out updates for previous blade phones.

Guest demario

using the zte blade q mini i decided to root it using kingo root (suggested by another member  on this forum) (enabled usb debugging) it said the warning that it will remove warranty etc it said it will download all the files and did  for bout 15 mins its stuck on waiting for device but at the bottom is says "connected" help what should i do?????