Signal strength = sudden improvement

Hi,

Like it has been said on here, my signal strength has consistantly shown around 2 bars, in an area where other phones would show full signal. Despite this, and as others have commented, it hasn't had any effect on the quality of calls etc.

Suddenly, though, last night, the signal strength has gone to full, and stayed there.

Wondered if anyone else has seen this happen??

BTW my nokia still shows the same signal it always has, so I don't think the signal in the area has actually changed, just how the SPV shows it. Odd.

Guest lycrawearer

It's strange you should say that.

Last week mine was showing only 1 bar & it wouldn't go higher !

Yesterday & today (since obtaining those 'updates' - see my other post http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic...=asc&highlight=) ... and rebooting the phone - I have consistently had 3 or 4 bars - which tallies with my wife's Nokia on Orange !

Not saying that the update has done anything but then I can't believe that that the Orange network is any different now as to what it was before !!

lycrawearer

Guest Treadsoftly

Yeah - really weird. My phone could not find a network for love nor money around Greenwich this am, biut the signal seems stronger at home now. 3 bars instead of 1 or 2 last week.

No SIM update: what could cause this?

Thank God it's not just me then-90% of the time I seem to get 2 bars and sometimes I get 3! The only time I've ever get 4 bars is stood on top of a multistorey car park about 200M away from a cell site. I've had no problems on 2 or even 1 bar so I just presumed that the phone is set differently to all the nokias etc.

Guest Rob_Quads

I have noticed a slight improvement used to scrape one bar and it is now showing 2 most of the time.

Looks like the battery is also improving as it was taken off the charger on friday morning and it is still showing 3 bits of the battery