pop/imap using GPRS even when docked

Guest s_cox_99

Guest s_cox_99

I've noticed that my email set up as either pop or imap will continue to use gprs unless I set the connection to My Corporate Network when docked. If I then undock it wont use gprs when using My Corporate Network and the email check will just fail.

Now if I use The Internet, Internet explorer wont use gprs when docked but my email insists on using it.

Is there any way to get the email functioning correctly, ie only gprs when not docked?

Thanks in advance

Guest s_cox_99

Sorry, I take it back. I have the fixes set up right according to the above web page.

However to connect using internet explorer requires active sync pass thru connection to be "work".

However for everything else including orange update/email/msn messenger the pass thru needs to be "The Internet".

My internet connection has a http proxy server set up which does not appear to cause any problems when passing through

Any other ideas greatly appreciated!!

In Programs->Settings->Data Connections->Menu->Edit Connections->Proxy Connections

Create a new entry (Menu->Add) called Work PRoxy (or whatever) and set it t:

Connects from: My Corporate Network

Connects to: The Internet

Proxy (name:port):

Type: HTTP

User name:

Password:

Then set your pass-through to "work", and in In Programs->Settings->Data Connections->Menu->Options set

My desktop connects to: My Corporate Network

And it should work. at least that's what I've got set up...

• 2 weeks later...