MWC 2014: The Samsung Gear Fit is Samsung's fitness band

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Every company and companies dog has a fitness band nowadays, so why should Samsung be any different? Introducing... the Samsung Gear Fit.

The Samsung Gear Fit is a fitness band in the style of the Nike Fuelband (thin-ish on your wrist) but done in the inimitable Samsung style, i.e. with a whole load of extra tech.

Packing the first colour AMOLED curved screen in a wearable (so we are told), the device of course hooks up to your Samsung Galaxy phone for notifications, sync etc., in particularly with the new, improved S-Health fitness tracking app. Like the S5 and Gear devices, the Fit includes a heart rate tracker on the back side of the device, which seemed to work pretty well in our hands-on. The changeable strap is hypo-allergenic, which is good news given the recent Fitbit Force debacle.

All is not well with the Gear Fit however... watch our walkthrough below to find out exactly why! :)

Click here to view the item

Guest Simon O

Quick summary (to be updated and cleaned up)

•  Has a curved oled display, touchscreen
  •  Hypoallergenic wrist band
  •  Screen is landscape orientation. Possibly hard to read?
  •  Device paring to a Samsung phone essential for controlling music, find my device, monitoring calls, texts, email
  •  Gear fit can be used standalone
  •  Pedometer
  •  Heartrate monitor
  •  Customisable watch faces
  •  Charging pad on the inside along with heart sensor
  •  Variety of colours
  •  "Jurys out on this one" says Paul

Hmm, I suppose I'll wait for Gear Fit 2, with a vertical display (or whatever - rotated with 90 degrees) and maybe with standard watch bands instead of their custom thingie :)

Guest andybarker

Sure they will rotate the display once people give them enough feedback.

Actually looks like a good design for a smart watch, compared with the traditional style ones.  I can see it being a really useful remote control for phones, tablets and also PCs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.