AIO Moto G - Bootloader Unlockable?

Guest rdinsf

Guest rdinsf

I just purchased a AIO Moto G as a spare phone.  Well worth the $99, whether or not I can unlock the bootloader.  

If I go the page on the Motorola site to obtain the unlock code, I get the "your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking" message.  And yes, I was careful to enter the long number correctly without spaces.

Is that the end of the line as far as unlocking goes?  If I can't get it from that page, I won't be able to unlock the bootloader?  Nobody selling bootloader unlock codes in the same manner as SIM unlock codes are sold?

Guest rdinsf

I had the same problem, for me there was a space I had not noticed when I copied and pasted the text in to the box.

I thought I was pretty careful about that.  Was your phone purchased from AIO (in other words, I'm checking to see if you were ultimately able to unlock an AIO phone)?

Guest glossywhite

Oop, the tile should have been un-unlockable!

Or... "re-lockable" perhaps? ;)

How many times do you say "I'm just going to un-unlock the door", when you lock it?

Edited by glossywhite

Guest stevecross

I thought I was pretty careful about that.  Was your phone purchased from AIO (in other words, I'm checking to see if you were ultimately able to unlock an AIO phone)?

Purchased fro Tesco and locked. unlocked using code off ebay then bootloader unlocked, must admit I had not noticed the space. If you have been careful that there are no spaces then I am not sure. Copy and paste will eliminate any typing errors