[ROM][JB][4.1.1] SlimStock B199 [Y300/G510] [DISCONTINUED]

Guest fonz93

Guest thetonyxx

Yes

ok, i prefer zram

now whit zram rr3 dont crashes more :)

what is the maximum that should be set zram?

now i set 28%

the only missing from this kernel would be the RAM available to 407 instead of 393 mb
then that would be THE definitive kernel
i try to ask developer

Guest squal

ok, i prefer zram

now whit zram rr3 dont crashes more :)

what is the maximum that should be set zram?

now i set 28%

the only missing from this kernel would be the RAM available to 407 instead of 393 mb

then that would be THE definitive kernel

i try to ask developer

hi..how to set zram?? i already flashed the zram in sypnosis..

Guest H3ROS

You've got that wrong. 393MB will give you better performance and more free memory than both 400MB or 407MB.

When using 400MB or 407MB things suffer, especially video output. For example; Twitch TV for Android can play all quality settings with 393MB, but with 400MB it can't play high quality video streams and with 407MB it can't play high quality or medium quality video streams.

@ fonz93

I've sent you the fixed settings.apk that stops the SIM card lock from force closing :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

When using 400MB or 407MB things suffer, especially video output. For example; Twitch TV for Android can play all quality settings with 393MB, but with 400MB it can't play high quality video streams and with 407MB it can't play high quality or medium quality video streams.
no everyone uses these app
you could at least choose whether to use 393 or 407mb version as the kernel cexstel

Guest H3ROS

14MB extra will make absolutely no difference. It worsens things more than it helps, so why would the dev want to do that when there's SWAP and zRAM? And the kernel dev won't overclock the CPU or GPU, so he's likely not going to offer an option if it breaks functionality.

If you want more free RAM at all times then tune your minfree settings. You can easily get over 100MB of free RAM most of the time by doing that.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

If you want more free RAM at all times then tune your minfree settings. You can easily get over 100MB of free RAM most of the time by doing that.
yes, i know it
but i deactivate background processes on the settings of android developer for more free ram possible

Guest porozex

yes, i know it
but i deactivate background processes on the settings of android developer for more free ram possible

free ram on android device is useless in my opinion

Guest thetonyxx

free ram on android device is useless in my opinion

if 'he Y300 1-2gb ok, but has a very poor ram 
and then less processes not only mean less ram, but also use less CPU and less consumption

Guest H3ROS

Well like I said, 14MB more won't make much difference, especially to gaming since the GPU isn't overclocked. You'd need to use the CeXstel kernel if you wanted slightly better performance in games.

I like the CeXstel kernel, but I wish he had of never played around with the memory mapping. It gains very little and he's taking memory from what's used to display higher quality video. He's tried to push performance more than functionality, which might be fine if you game lots, but many people with this low/mid range phone don't do that.

FYI I'm a ROM and kernel dev that pushed the limits of a less powerful phone than the Y300, so I do know what I'm saying when I say that 14MB won't make much difference. And you know, if you're ever killing processes then that can waste memory on Android? It's best to let the LMK do it's job.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest SH3H1

if 'he Y300 1-2gb ok, but has a very poor ram

and then less processes not only mean less ram, but also use less CPU and less consumption

Wrong!

Android stores files in RAM so that they can be loaded fast and less CPU consumption

Guest thetonyxx

Wrong!

Android stores files in RAM so that they can be loaded fast and less CPU consumption

the background process waste ram and cpu, not air

then it does not consume more because background processes are not allowed, unlike the stupid task manager that will close and then reopen it yourself

im not a noob, i know what i do

i dont care if then open app it takes 3 seconds instead of 2, i care that the cpu work less during mayority of time

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest H3ROS

That "stupid task manager" is the LMK (low memory killer). It's designed to manage memory for you and it does it's job very well.

To me it seems as though you're treating memory on your phone the same as you would on your PC. You think that the more free memory there is the better, right? That's wrong when it comes to Android though. Sure having more RAM is going to make a device run smoother, but that's only true if you've got a lot of free RAM to start with. If you're blocking or killing processes then they'll need to use your CPU more which will reduce your battery life quicker. That's why it's best to let Android handle everything on it's own and to simply tune the minfrees so that you have enough free RAM to your liking.

Guest thetonyxx

That "stupid task manager" is the LMK (low memory killer). It's designed to manage memory for you and it does it's job very well.

No, I meant in the task manager of third parties, those are stupid

You think that the more free memory there is the better, right?

no, i know words "chace" 

To me it seems as though you're treating memory on your phone the same as you would on your PC

i know it, also in PC there is cache, in which are the data and the RAM used as chace is not used directly by active processes

If you're blocking or killing processes then they'll need to use your CPU more which will reduce your battery life quicker. That's why it's best to let Android handle everything on it's own and to simply tune the minfrees so that you have enough free RAM to your liking.

I have not tried but I could not see a difference in consumption

Guest H3ROS

Well yes, third party task managers are battery killers, but for the same reason as you not allowing Android to manage it's memory fully. As processes aren't in the background you're having to reload them which is going to use your CPU more often. And disabling background processes doesn't really gain much since the LMK will kill anything if it needs the memory. That plus when the phones in deep sleep they're not a problem unless one of them is causing a wakelock.

It really comes down to the apps you have installed and how often you switch between apps. All I can tell you though is that it doesn't really have any gains to what you're doing. If it did then some of us ROM devs would make it the default setting, especially on devices with low memory.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

It really comes down to the apps you have installed and how often you switch between apps. All I can tell you though is that it doesn't really have any gains to what you're doing. If it did then some of us ROM devs would make it the default setting, especially on devices with low memory.

on xperia sola have huge lag and slowdowns, but disabling background processes become much smoother to use

Guest H3ROS

That could be due to Sony bloat though. And Sony modifies the UI even more than Huawei.

The official ROM for the Xperia Sola is Gingerbread. Sony offered an upgrade to ICS, but ICS doesn't perform as well because it uses more memory than Gingerbread. Also all other ROM's for that phone are built by third parties, so your mileage may vary. With the Y300, however, Huawei done an okay job at optimizing the memory usage while getting good battery life out of the phone.

Guest thetonyxx

That could be due to Sony bloat though. And Sony modifies the UI even more than Huawei.

The official ROM for the Xperia Sola is Gingerbread. Sony offered an upgrade to ICS, but ICS doesn't perform as well because it uses more memory than Gingerbread. Also all other ROM's for that phone are built by third parties, so your mileage may vary. With the Y300, however, Huawei done an okay job at optimizing the memory usage while getting good battery life out of the phone.

yes, i know

Guest fonz93

When I plug the USB in my computer , every time I have to set the type of the connection

It's a bug or a default settings ?

Default AOSP Setting